Power wheel chair

strawberry

I'm in b need of a wheel chair it's getting difficult to get around in my old age. Would like to know all info on this subject. I'm becoming a problem for my family and it's becoming a problem for in my room.although my family are great location know I am a problem for them regards Joe

Electric ones are great but have to be charged all the time. I have not seen a petrol fuelled one before but i 'm sure a wheelchair with a honda scooterengine would be perfect for outdoors. Also the new models scooter-engines are very quiet and efficient. Maybe they can even be built as hybrids with electric engine as well for indoors.

I would love to build something like that but i don't have my tools/workshop here.

Edited by namdocmai

Where are you located?

This is important as it enables us to know how to help you best.

You also say you have trouble getting round in your room. could you give us an idea of why? is it that you cannot walk but can still use you arms, is it that you have problems with arm or leg control.

All of these things need different advice.

As a power wheelchair user I can tell you that some limited ones are available here but to really help you would need to know a lot more.

PM me if you would rather not post personal type information openly.

• Like 1

There is a manufacturer in Australia that makes one called Monark. I see them in the US along with other brands of course.

Don't worry about the battery(s). You charge it 8 hours at night and it will easily last all day.

I don't know where to buy one in LOS. Good luck with it.

Edit. Sorry Harry, you posted while I posted. You know more than I do.

Edited by NeverSure

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm not only having problems getting around but my brain has also slowed downed and it's difficult to find my way around , that visa,, but I'm starting to get it together on do age is a bummer. Mostly the reason I'm having problems getting around due to the paln ,mm it can be quite intense at times I'm 79 now so I don't expect to get any better but it's because of this pain that I got to come out here and live very well on my super pension and meet up with my good Thailand family that look after me very well.

Basically it's just the pain that restricts I've tried using pain killers but can't find one that is suitable its he'll doing the shopping . I have considered operations on my back but the thing is there is no garenteer that they will work and the cost would be we , I think, be more than ii can afford. Also my teen is due to go to uni next year and will need to pay for that. I'm only nnow getting my mind back getting the cobwebs out of my mind

Regards Joe