New farang noi on the way. Wife wants baby to sleep in our room

davidst01

Our son is now 19 months and still sleeps in our bed but at times I am getting tired that he keeps want to see the elephant cartoon even at 3 in the morning. cheesy.gif

Jeez, no way.

At 8.30pm TV and light get off.

Sometimes the little one complains for 1 minute.

5 minutes later she's soundly asleep.

I wake up at 5am, wife at 6, little one at 7.

No have problems.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You will need the cot in your room for the first few months at least as the baby will wake for feeds through the night, and it won't be practical for your wife to be getting up all the time and going into another room. Some babies sleep 2-3 hours straight off the bat, while others wake every 20-30 mins. It's luck of the draw.

Do not bring the baby into the bed with you. If it's just your wife in the bed the risk is lower, but far too risky with the both of you.

• 1 month later...

I have a four year old daughter. From day one she was breast fed, and slept in our bed.

As an infant when she was hungry she would a few small noises, immediately get the '

breast, feed, and go right back to sleep. I would never wake up in this process. My friends

would ask me about the sleep they thought I was losing, and I would just laugh and say

I slept fine.

I am biased, but my daughter is one of the happiest, outgoing, and loving children I have

ever seen. And I am sure her style of upbringing was a part of that. To me, putting a baby

in a dark room by themselves with the famous baby monitor to alert you when they start

screaming is pure cruelty.

The general feeling of doctors in the west is that sleeping together is great for a child, except

for the danger of rolling over on your child. So just take precautions for that with perhaps

a long pillow between you. An option my brother in America is doing with his child is

parking the crib right next to his bed. So benefits of closeness but no danger of rolling

over on your child. Sleeping together also helps prevent the horror of SIDS.

• Like 2