Toyota Vigo. Winter Heater

Hi again, I am negotiating to pssibly buy a 5 month old vigo 3.0 d here in UK, I have asked the guy does it have a winter heater, his answer "I am not sure it blows hot air", and is no more help. I don't fancy driving 200 miles to find out it does not !

Can anyone tell me what buttons and dials, one will have, or the other with no heater, ie is the heater unit visible under the dash ?

Will just the aircon model have a on/off button and variable fan speeds, I can ask him this>

I guess to some of you this seems a stupid question, but there are so few vigos here, and no one to ask.

The new toyota hilux, is not a vigo so no good asking a Toyota dealer! many thank's in advance Roy

Hi again, I am negotiating to pssibly buy a 5 month old vigo 3.0 d here in UK, I have asked the guy does it have a winter heater, his answer "I am not sure it blows hot air", and is no more help. I don't fancy driving 200 miles to find out it does not !

Can anyone tell me what buttons and dials, one will have, or the other with no heater, ie is the heater unit visible under the dash ?

Will just the aircon model have a on/off button and variable fan speeds, I can ask him this>

I guess to some of you this seems a stupid question, but there are so few vigos here, and no one to ask.

The new toyota hilux, is not a vigo so no good asking a Toyota dealer! many thank's in advance Roy

Toyota will change the spec. of a car depending on where it is to be sold.

Many cars in Thailand are not fitted with a heater, this would then require fitting in a cold country, assuming there is still space not taken up by the Air-con. You would need appropriate ducting and a heat exchanger, a feed taken from the cooling system, fan etc. this should all be available if not fitted, but it might prove a little dear to have it fitted retro. So you'd also have to locate the parts.

It is possible that the Vigo may have "climate control"...this would infer that it has a combined heating and cooling system.

Is the Vigo not available in UK? It would appear that the new Hilux is the same as the Vigo; that would seem to suggest that there would be heater parts available....in the end though wouldn't it be simpler just to by the British spec. Hi-lux? Apart from the name, what's the difference?

Imported Vigos from Thailand to the UK should all have heaters installed, only available from after markets shops, not available from Toyota, quality varies, we install OEM heaters these days, but they weren't that readily available a few months ago.

Toyota will change the spec. of a car depending on where it is to be sold.

Many cars in Thailand are not fitted with a heater, this would then require fitting in a cold country, assuming there is still space not taken up by the Air-con. You would need appropriate ducting and a heat exchanger, a feed taken from the cooling system, fan etc. this should all be available if not fitted, but it might prove a little dear to have it fitted retro. So you'd also have to locate the parts.

It is possible that the Vigo may have "climate control"...this would infer that it has a combined heating and cooling system.

Is the Vigo not available in UK? It would appear that the new Hilux is the same as the Vigo; that would seem to suggest that there would be heater parts available....in the end though wouldn't it be simpler just to by the British spec. Hi-lux? Apart from the name, what's the difference?

Thank's for the replys, definately the new hilux invincible as it is called here is not a Vigo, it is smaller, and only has 2.5 d4d engine. I think you got it write with climate control.

Just a point of interest franchise dealers here in Uk are most unhelpfull to people who own imports, I used to have the Nissan patrol high roof with a 4.2 diesel, and nissan would never help !

As theY say "you pays your money and takes your choice" I quite fell in love with the Vigo when in LOS, amongst other things, they had long black hair !!! have fun Roy

I’ve got some questions arising out of this…..

If you import from Thailand, won't you incur import duties? Used to be about 30%.

Furthermore, as far as I can see the Hi-lux and Vigo are exactly the same vehicle they have the same body dimensions wheelbase and track, only the current UK variations available are limited…BUT…Toyota says supply issues have prevented it from launching the new Hilux in the UK with a intercooled 2.5 turbo diesel and the 3.0 D-4D engine from the Land Cruiser, but these should arrive by 2006.

The vehicles are sold in Oz as well where they have an even bigger engine a 4 litre V6, I believe…wouldn’t it be easier to get one from Oz, if you can’t wait till later this year for a 3litre diesel?

If you import from Thailand, won't you incur import duties? Used to be about 30%.

Furthermore, as far as I can see the Hi-lux and Vigo are exactly the same vehicle they have the same body dimensions wheelbase and track, only the current UK variations available are limited…BUT…Toyota says supply issues have prevented it from launching the new Hilux in the UK with a intercooled 2.5 turbo diesel and the 3.0 D-4D engine from the Land Cruiser, but these should arrive by 2006.

The vehicles are sold in Oz as well where they have an even bigger engine a 4 litre V6, I believe…wouldn’t it be easier to get one from Oz, if you can’t wait till later this year for a 3litre diesel?

WILKO, with all due respect are you reading my posts properly ? one last time !

THE TOYOTA HILUX INVINCIBLE IS NOT A VIGO ! THE INVINCBLE IS ON SALE HERE AT THE MOMENT,

TOYOTA HAVE NO PLANS TO BRING IN THE vIGO, NOR A 3.0D ENGINE, IT IS ALL DUE TO THE FACT THE EU IS AGAINST LARGE ENGINE VEHICLES, cheap company car tax on pick ups is being abolished here by the money grabbing scots chancellor, and now a new tax on engine size for new vehicles.

I HAVE SEEN THE ONES THERE IN AUS, AS YOU SAY.

i WOULD HAVE THE NEW NISSAN PATROL 4.2 LITRE TURBO INTERCOOLED DIESEL, AS IN aUS NEXT WEEK IF I COULD BUY ONE.

It has not cat converter, no common rail, and is bullit proof, but alas they won/t let it in !

Drive what you can while you can before goverments price ya off the road.

Hi Roytheboy,

I just looked at the uk website from Toyota. To me the new Hilux looks pretty much like a Vigo.

Toyota UK

THE TOYOTA HILUX INVINCIBLE IS NOT A VIGO ! THE INVINCBLE IS ON SALE HERE AT THE MOMENT

So what exactly is the difference, apart from the smaller machine?

Enlighten me with your technical know how... please.

WILKO, with all due respect are you reading my posts properly ? one last time !

THE TOYOTA HILUX INVINCIBLE IS NOT A VIGO ! THE INVINCBLE IS ON SALE HERE AT THE MOMENT,

TOYOTA HAVE NO PLANS TO BRING IN THE vIGO, NOR A 3.0D ENGINE, IT IS ALL DUE TO THE FACT THE EU IS AGAINST LARGE ENGINE VEHICLES, cheap company car tax on pick ups is being abolished here by the money grabbing scots chancellor, and now a new tax on engine size for new vehicles.

I HAVE SEEN THE ONES THERE IN AUS, AS YOU SAY.

i WOULD HAVE THE NEW NISSAN PATROL 4.2 LITRE TURBO INTERCOOLED DIESEL, AS IN aUS NEXT WEEK IF I COULD BUY ONE.

It has not cat converter, no common rail, and is bullit proof, but alas they won/t let it in !

Drive what you can while you can before goverments price ya off the road.

Sorry mate, they're the same vehicle....as you will find out when you import one and park it next to the hilux!

Well fellas, first of all I spend hours on this website, it is very entertaining, seeing who can get the last word in, on any subject..+ I waana learn a little about LOS for my next visit /stayso I will stay tuned.

On the subject of the vigo/ hilux we will aggree to diss aggree, I mean for a start I don't even own one, hence I asked for the info on the heater controls, and I thank the man for his diagram.

My only talk has been with bullshit salesmen, in Aus, and Uk, personaly I would sooner believe a bargirls story in Pattaya, than what they told me, and yourselves, of that I am sure your sincere !

I actually phoned Toyota Uk after my last mail, may I suggest you do the same !

I am still convinced they are not the same or never will be for the Uk, my moneys on the Vigo !

and I got outbid on the one I was after on e-bay made £13250, with 9000 miles 2005 (cheap)

Life goes on ! anyway why do I need a pick up for ? I will only fill the back with more clutter !

............. roy

Well fellas, first of all I spend hours on this website, it is very entertaining, seeing who can get the last word in, on any subject..+ I waana learn a little about LOS for my next visit /stayso I will stay tuned.

On the subject of the vigo/ hilux we will aggree to diss aggree, I mean for a start I don't even own one, hence I asked for the info on the heater controls, and I thank the man for his diagram.

My only talk has been with bullshit salesmen, in Aus, and Uk, personaly I would sooner believe a bargirls story in Pattaya, than what they told me, and yourselves, of that I am sure your sincere !

I actually phoned Toyota Uk after my last mail, may I suggest you do the same !

I am still convinced they are not the same or never will be for the Uk, my moneys on the Vigo !

and I got outbid on the one I was after on e-bay made £13250, with 9000 miles 2005 (cheap)

Life goes on ! anyway why do I need a pick up for ? I will only fill the back with more clutter !

............. roy

Ok - fair 'nough...now try this......

If it's got the same wheelbase as a Vigo, the same track as a Vigo the same engine as a Vigo and looks like a Vigo...then it's a Vigo....or a duck?

If you can find a difference, I'd love to know what it is.

I was at a Toyota dealership in the Uk a few weeks ago checking out the UK spec HiLux/Vigo, these cars come from Thailand via South Africa, part assembled here, and the finishing touches put on there, or someting, chassis number sare not the same as here: MROFZ29G------

They're the same car, lower spec, gray interiors and dashes, Toyota heater etc.

I export Thai Vigos so should have an idea as to the difference.

The UK spec invincible is the 2002-4 model Sportcruiser here.