Daughter coming... what visa options?

I am here on a retirement visa, and my daughter is coming to see me (haven't seen her for 7 years! Can't wait!)... I understand that she can get the tourist visa (3x30 days), but when my son came out a few years ago he got a visa for a year (a Non-O I think) because he was visiting a parent that had retired here. Does anyone know if that visa is still an option? If not, are there any other options for my daughter apart from the tourist visa route? Thanks for your help people.

The Non-O for visiting you is no longer available. She should get a tourist visa just prior to her departure. They are available with either 1, 2 or 3 entries. If used correctly a single will get you 90 days permission to stay with one 30 day extension, a double, almost 180 days to stay with one border run and two 30 day extensions and a triple almost 270 days to stay with two border runs and three 30 day extensions. The visa cost is in multiples of 1000 baht per each entry, the extensions are 19000 baht each. The cost of border runs depends on where you exit the country and the travel.

With a toruist visa you get 69 days permission to stay on entry which can be extended for another 30 days without leaving the country. Which visa she applies for depends on how long she wants to stay.

Edited by wayned

justanotheroldhippy, how long does your daughter plan to visit you? In what country does she plan to apply for her visa? Different consulates in different countries sometimes have different requirements.

The non-o visa for visiting family is still available. Many think it can be only for a Thai family which is not correct.

She can easily get a single entry non-o by showing her birth certificate and copies of you passport photo page and extension stamp. If there is honorary consulate where she will that would be the best choice for getting a multiple entry visa.

• Like 1

The Non-O for visiting you is no longer available. She should get a tourist visa just prior to her departure. They are available with either 1, 2 or 3 entries. If used correctly a single will get you 90 days permission to stay with one 30 day extension, a double, almost 180 days to stay with one border run and two 30 day extensions and a triple almost 270 days to stay with two border runs and three 30 day extensions. The visa cost is in multiples of 1000 baht per each entry, the extensions are 19000 baht each. The cost of border runs depends on where you exit the country and the travel.

With a toruist visa you get 69 days permission to stay on entry which can be extended for another 30 days without leaving the country. Which visa she applies for depends on how long she wants to stay.

Thank you for that... info much appreciated... cheers :)

The non-o visa for visiting family is still available. Many think it can be only for a Thai family which is not correct.

She can easily get a single entry non-o by showing her birth certificate and copies of you passport photo page and extension stamp. If there is honorary consulate where she will that would be the best choice for getting a multiple entry visa.

Great news... the normal tourist visa will probably cover her stay, but just in case she wanted to stay longer it is good to have that option... cheers! :)