Wholesale / Big Fish Marketplace near Bangkok?

muratremix

Hi,

I'm looking for a fish market, where they only sell fish / squid / shrimp / everything from sea.

Choice of available fish is very limited in supermarkets / local marketplaces.

My wife told me there is one between hua hin and Bangkok, which seems pretty far to me.

Is there another one? Perhaps east or southern part of Bangkok?

I really don't like river fish (river seabass also) that tastes like mud no matter how you cook.

I need sea fish other than salmon, and something will not cost 500-600 baht / kilo.

why don't you go and see what they have at makro,I to only like sea fish over here and I tried many till I tasted asia sea bass,

some call it baramunde it is as good as sea bass around the uk.at about 150bht a kilo.they will clean and fillet them fo you.

I can tell you you wont find better tasteing fish anywhere.

why don't you go and see what they have at makro,I to only like sea fish over here and I tried many till I tasted asia sea bass,

some call it baramunde it is as good as sea bass around the uk.at about 150bht a kilo.they will clean and fillet them fo you.

I can tell you you wont find better tasteing fish anywhere.

Hi,

Not all Makro's created equal. I visited one near my home in Minburi, it was awful. Not much choice.

I plan to visit Makro in Ladprao, but I hate Ladprao traffic so I avoid it.

I found a much better tasting fish here in local big market, but I can't find it anymore. Apparently it was yellow tail amberjack about 1.5 - 2 kilograms. Taste was amazing in barbeque. Shame, I didn't took photo of fish when I had the chance.

if you are willing to get up early or go to bed late ''say about 02;00 - 03:00. hrs the fish market in Pak Nam is a great place for sea fish and shellfish of all sizes shapes and colours.

As an added bonus the vegetable market is good too and there are often one or two or more ''fishy ladies'' around to which I am told can be bough by the hour as opposed to the weight.cheesy.gif

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2