China welcomes 'old friend' Robert Mugabe with a 21-gun salute

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised they didn't eat him.

The Chinese have some strange delicacies but I don't think 90-year-old dog is one of them.

you lack morals for calling a human being a dog..

But someone inferring the Chinese are cannibals is okay?

You obviously lack a sense of humour.

What Robert Mugabe fails to grasp, is the China that supplied him with military arms and advice, is not the revolutionary China that helped him with a war of attrition that removed the British from Rhodesia.

China can now take over Zimbabwe and they will be the new colonists , replacing the English of old.

China is only interested in trade and being nice to some one with resources your country need is international relations ?

Or is it just whoring when the Chinese did it ... I guess Cameron must have bent right over in his whoring moves when he tried to win over more Chinese investments for UK...I be he packed a marks and spencer pole for the dance hahahah

Cecil Rhodes is turning in his grave.

Cecil may be turning in his tomb up in the Matopos, but he will be screaming "Let me out" if they try to bury Mugabe near him. The only suitable resting place for Mugabe is a septic tank on the outskirts of Harare..

• Like 1

*Deleted post edited out*

The poor innocent, sweet and much maligned CCP Boyz in Beijing who are interested only in legal and honest trade.

Their Confucius Institutes established at a number of universities in Australia, North America, Europe are for academic and cultural purposes, according to the CCP Boyz. Yet the Institutes, which arrive on campus with lots of money, require universities to prohibit discussion of Taiwan, Tibet, Hong Kong's struggle for democracy, the South China Sea, censorship in the CCP-PRC and everything else the CCP Boyz don't like.

Now those days are coming to their end.

Confucius Institutes Rejected, The Secret Spread of Communism is Revealed

.2014-06-22 09:05 AM EST
Western national security organizations suspect the Confucius Institute is also used to gather intelligence

Toronto District School Board voted to postpone the agreement with the Confucius Institute.

The American Association of University Professors recently criticized the Confucius Institute for undermining academic freedom in the United States and called for repeal or a re-negotiation with the Institute.

Overseas critics noted that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is spending huge amounts of money to establish the Confucius Institute to secretly export communism..

- See more at: http://www.ntd.tv/en/programs/news-politics/china-forbidden-news/20140622/163269-confucius-institute-rejectedthe-secret-spread-of-communism-is-revealed.html#sthash.er9bE3kd.dpuf

Caving to insidious Chinese censorship
On March 24, 2014 I was busy writing an action scene for my next thriller.
The phone rang and a senior editor at Reader's Digest Australia informed me that my Antarctic thriller, Thirst, had been censored by their Chinese printers in China.
So through a third party commercial enterprise, China was attempting to use Reader's Digest Australia to affect opinion on the touchy topic of Falun Gong outside its own borders by deleting it from my book.
Is Xi Jinping China's New Mao-Like Strongman?
By Perry Link, UC San Diego, Co-translator The Tiananmen Papers.

Xi Jinping came into office, intellectually over-matched, sensing that he would have to do something. But what?
Xi Jinping and his associates at the top levels of the Chinese government have floated the idea of a new Chinese "strongman," clearly intending to suggest that Xi Jinping might be one. Mao Zedong is the best model for all of this and how things will actually end up is anyone's guess.
Xi Jinping is no Mao, and China should be grateful for that. One Mao was enough. But what might unfold from a modestly gifted man who thinks he can be a Mao is also cause for considerable apprehension.
CCP censorship is a major global export and it is anti-liberal, anti democracy, anti human rights.
It is malicious, malevolent, evil.
Xi Jinping and Robert Mugabe, two shits in the woods..
Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

" Xi and his wife Peng Liyuan greeted Mugabe and his wife Grace - dressed in a vivid yellow and brown African-style outfit - with full military honours, with a band playing the two countries' national anthems as a 21-gun salute was fired and the two presidents inspected a military honour guard."

Mrs Obama would not be seen dead or alive with Xi Jinping's wife.

Yes, people need to be more aware of history. Weirdly, Ian Smith in the 1960's started off liking Mugabe, but was soon disavowed of that notion.

In the 90 years since Mugabe was born, China has suffered several wars, several severe famines, destruction of much of its cultural heritage, murder of tens of thousands of 'intellectuals' who's only crime was owning books. Indeed, more Chinese were killed than any other nationality, even taking into account both world wars. And most of those killings were Chinese on Chinese.

Yes, people need to be more aware of history. Weirdly, Ian Smith in the 1960's started off liking Mugabe, but was soon disavowed of that notion.

In the 90 years since Mugabe was born, China has suffered several wars, several severe famines, destruction of much of its cultural heritage, murder of tens of thousands of 'intellectuals' who's only crime was owning books. Indeed, more Chinese were killed than any other nationality, even taking into account both world wars. And most of those killings were Chinese on Chinese.

Yes. Unfortunately true, so I'm not pressing the like button.

Xi Jinping's association with Mugabe is indicative of a malevolent force.

The world should not wait any longer before recognising Mugabe for the person he is.

He should be buried with full military honours -- tomorrow, preferably, but if we can't make that, then over the weekend some time will do.

Yes. Good point.

And if Xi Jinping accidentally got run over by a nouveau riche Chinese woman in a BMW X5, I don't reckon she'd last til Monday either.

This monkey, depending on which political persuasion you are, could be seen as a hero or a zealot. Talk to some Zimbabwean and some of them praise him for the courage to stand up to the west and some hated him for destroying the country. Now he has gone to china with his begging bowl after the west told him to f off.

Speak to the Thousands that had to flee from Him or be killed. Blacks and whites, no racist pun intended just fact,

I'm surprised LawrenceChee hasn't been on with a retort.

Maybe Chinese obstinate dogmatism is reversible after all.

We live in hope.

I'm more into Drogba ism personally. Shanghai Shenhua FC still owe him wages because some jumped up Chinese businessman got too big for his boots.

Xi Jinping and his vacant smile, with Mrs Xi Jinping and Mugabe and his missus ...wouldn't want to miss that one, would we.

Evil.

China must be really desperate for friends, which is a pity, for a country with such a long history. sad.png

Perhaps they might try harder to understand the World, and make new & better friends, in future ?

Their school-report might well read ... "Can do much better, with a little more effort, and more tolerance !" ?

• Like 1

China must be really desperate for friends, which is a pity, for a country with such a long history. sad.png

Perhaps they might try harder to understand the World, and make new & better friends, in future ?

Their school-report might well read ... "Can do much better, with a little more effort, and more tolerance !" ?

They are planning for resources they need ...friends would be hard to define as what does that mean in international relations ?

Visa facilitation , business deals, closer military ties etc ? May be hard to define accurately

• Like 1

We live in hope.

I'm more into Drogba ism personally. Shanghai Shenhua FC still owe him wages because some jumped up Chinese businessman got too big for his boots.

Xi Jinping and his vacant smile, with Mrs Xi Jinping and Mugabe and his missus ...wouldn't want to miss that one, would we.

Evil.

Sorry I was a little late seeing that we have to do what we do best. Making deals and money trades.

Would try to understand the work life balance it better as I get older although tipping off the scale and depending on handouts seems pretty common in some cultures.

It's not the Asian way and depending on family and ones hard work is more reflective of ones personal values

I too would like to see Adidas and Nike pay their dues in Vietnam ...all these sports jerseys made in factories with minimal pay due to contracts deliberately targeting low cost countries and ignoring pollution rights.

I am sure that may be more worthy than Drogba who was paid a lot by the Russians for his time in Chelsea ...I won't classify him poor in any sense.

I think Mugabe smiles pretty nice he must have a good dentist

Has China throughout its long history ever had any allies?

Or has it had only tributary states that pay China to let them exist?

It certainly is fact Mugabe is an ally of the CCP Boyz in Beijing.

However I'm using the plural, as in allies.

Mugabe in Beijing is a butcher's convention, an endearing camaraderie begun by Mao.

(No offense to legit butchers.)

They are planning for resources they need ...friends would be hard to define as what does that mean in international relations ?

Visa facilitation , business deals, closer military ties etc ? May be hard to define accurately

They are planning for continued rampant materialism and avoidance of famine. The two are connected.

China wants, China wants. 'It is OUR turn now"

We live in hope.

Evil.

Sorry I was a little late seeing that we have to do what we do best. Making deals and money trades.

Would try to understand the work life balance it better as I get older although tipping off the scale and depending on handouts seems pretty common in some cultures.

It's not the Asian way and depending on family and ones hard work is more reflective of ones personal values

I too would like to see Adidas and Nike pay their dues in Vietnam ...all these sports jerseys made in factories with minimal pay due to contracts deliberately targeting low cost countries and ignoring pollution rights.

I am sure that may be more worthy than Drogba who was paid a lot by the Russians for his time in Chelsea ...I won't classify him poor in any sense.

I think Mugabe smiles pretty nice he must have a good dentist

If you think Mugabe smiles pretty nice might like to join him in a sewer pipe with Gadaffi.

They are planning for continued rampant materialism and avoidance of famine. The two are connected.

China wants, China wants. 'It is OUR turn now"

And you are upset because they don't seem to want anything from the yanks or the Brits ?

Seems the Latin American , Asian , Australia , African and some European nations also chatting we want china we want china to come and trade

Reckon we can close this thread then.

Mugabe and Xi Jinping are both dodgy. Their wives and associates are accomplices.

I wouldn't pi** on them if they were on fire.

Must be the luck of the draw that all other politicians are righteous and just in their hearts except for these 2

The folly of the naive is so amusing innocent ....hahahah :)

Edited by LawrenceChee

I heard a true story on US's NPR (national public radio, about 7 months ago) about a Chinese man who moved to Zimbabwe. He wanted to take over an entire valley. He started buying (swindling?) parcels cheap from locals. Later, when he amassed large holdings, the government took notice and told him he had to have the property in a Zimbabwean name (sound familiar, Thai expats?). I can't recall all the details, but for some reason he wanted to keep it in his bloodline and, although he was married to one or more Z' women, he couldn't make babies (had his tubes tied?). He had a 13 yr old son from a previous Chinese wife, so he tried desperately to get his son to mate (make a baby) with one of his African wives. Last time we checked, the boy didn't want to do the nasty with any of the older women.