Night Prowl: The Legendary Lechery of Bernard 'Nite Owl' Trink

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was stationed in Bangkok in 1973/1974, I couldn't wait for the Friday edition of Nite Owl to come out. Trink would tell you what bars had specials, what PatPong massage girls were the best, and where to get some good grub. I wanted his job so much!

Yeah, and Thai Heaven was wall to wall T&A. Big barn of a place, used to have bands, dancing, and Muay Thai matches, male and female. The girls would spot a newbie and lead him off to a corner--do him right there. Of course, I just watched from the back, drinking orange juice and cherries and being simply amazed.

• Like 1

Mr Trink was probably on balance quite like one of his latter "trink-isms" MANURE or quite simply a victim of his own huMAN natURE. His column had already become an anachronism in the yet to be fully baptised political correctness of the early eighties. Twenty years later his sell by date was as well and truly up as much as his favorite brand of Dinty Moore Beef Stew that he never seemed to find at Villa. Personally I miss Modesty Blaise much more in the folds of the Bangkok Post...

• Like 2

I saw him in Bangkok in the mid-80's. I had gone to one of the numerous pub/bar places along Sukhumvit Road to watch a Farang movie. Trink at that time was also doing movie reviews for the local newspapers. He came to sit next to me. After releasing his trouser belt and unzipping his fly to allow his quite large belly to spring free he sat. An orange juice arrived and was placed before him. The movie started and ended. He got up, rezipped his fly, tightened his belt and left. No payment, no thanks, no goodbyes, no nothing. The SLOB. The bar manager said he had to accept all that just so his bar would get a mention in the next edition.

• Like 2

Some links to Trink's ramblings below if y'all care to read them...he was quite a character...

glad he's still breathing air and wish he'd return...love him or loathe him, that's your call.

As for me...I was one of the many who'd pull out his column after reading it and mail the

thing to friends residing back in those "western" countries...circa very early 1980's.

For some reason I don't think the chick is gonna be able to repeat what Trink did in any

way shape or form...just my opinion.

http://www.oocities.org/doxyblue/alltrink.html

http://web.archive.org/web/19971011190405/http://www.bangkokpost.net/trink/trinkindex.html

Well, I have read everything available since I was able to...definitely more than 15 + years...and no apology for doing do. Just reading or watching media does not imply a complicit viewpoint.

We all watch nonsense on the news every day; but we continue to watch the news. Not because we agree with everything broadcasted, but because we can balance and define our personal/political view point vis a vis national/international news and newspaper articles.

We all read material in newspapers and online that we disdain. This does not imply that reading Trink's articles for 15 years plus somehow negates the right to object to them.

We had the option to write to the Bangkok Post letters column, back in the pre-Internet day, but they were quite biased about which letters they chose to print.

I am sure your mother gets the irony biggrin.png

frances, its a social page about bars & bar girl prices ---How much (little) to pay for sex, where is the best place to go and see naked women----- its not the national news, I am at a loss how you can equate the two.

& when I am in England I do not look at the social page to see what ball the queen is going to this week just because its in the newspaper-- let alone avidly read it for 15+ years, I have no interest in what color the Duchesses gown was or how many sequins were on it--why would I sit & read something year after year that wasn't relevant to me.

I think you should stop digging now frances ---the hole is deep enough.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2

Well, I have read everything available since I was able to...definitely more than 15 + years...and no apology for doing do. Just reading or watching media does not imply a complicit viewpoint.

We all watch nonsense on the news every day; but we continue to watch the news. Not because we agree with everything broadcasted, but because we can balance and define our personal/political view point vis a vis national/international news and newspaper articles.

We all read material in newspapers and online that we disdain. This does not imply that reading Trink's articles for 15 years plus somehow negates the right to object to them.

We had the option to write to the Bangkok Post letters column, back in the pre-Internet day, but they were quite biased about which letters they chose to print.

I am sure your mother gets the irony biggrin.png

frances, its a social page about bars & bar girl prices ---How much (little) to pay for sex, where is the best place to go and see naked women----- its not the national news, I am at a loss how you can equate the two.

& when I am in England I do not look at the social page to see what ball the queen is going to this week just because its in the newspaper-- let alone avidly read it for 15+ years, I have no interest in what color the Duchesses gown was or how many sequins were on it--why would I sit & read something year after year that wasn't relevant to me.

I think you should stop digging now frances ---the hole is deep enough.

I'll stop digging if you stop pretending you can read with any level of comprehension of what is being said.

A handjob from a girl with leprosy is something you find amusing?

You're a weird guy.

You do realize that by using the SAS badge in your avatar you not only look like a wannabe idiot but you also show disrespect for the brave members (and ex members) of the regiment who have earned their cap badge.

If you want to look like less of a tool you may want to save your Walter Mitty stuff for the beer bars in Pattaya.

My avatar was a test to see if some gormless prat would come along and take it seriously.

Congratulations, you passed.

You do realize that by using the SAS badge in your avatar you not only look like a wannabe idiot but you also show disrespect for the brave members (and ex members) of the regiment who have earned their cap badge.

If you want to look like less of a tool you may want to save your Walter Mitty stuff for the beer bars in Pattaya.

The only SAS Dave has been in is the Special Ass Squad. Regiment famed for their asinine comments amongst other things.

Hi ATF, so which bar do you think that the Walt did his SAS training in?

It really is a sad situation when a (supposedly) grown man has to pretend to be someone that they could never have been.

I bet he has medals that he bought on E-Bay.

post-87166-0-83765000-1409180741_thumb.j

• Like 1

That first picture was one that I didn't really need to see. sad.png

I thought that was him with the person that wrote the article (his attire matched what she said he was wearing that day) but after checking her out it doesn't appear to be the same person. Maybe they grabbed some young Bangkok Post secretary to pose for that photo.

That's definitely Barbara Woolsey, the writer of the article, in the picture with Bernard Trink. She's Canadian and is frequently on Thai TV.

We used to work for the same company.

Edited by Camelot

The only SAS Dave has been in is the Special Ass Squad. Regiment famed for their asinine comments amongst other things.

Hi ATF, so which bar do you think that the Walt did his SAS training in?

It really is a sad situation when a (supposedly) grown man has to pretend to be someone that they could never have been.

I bet he has medals that he bought on E-Bay.

Yeah there's loads of war heroes around Pattaya. They've flown F-15's, worked in the Pentagon, MI5, MI6, CIA, MOSSAD the lot. Just keep feeding them the Changs and then ask them what's a 1911 or what ammo is bigger .44 or .45 They are a disgrace to every soldier who ever fought.

Do you think that he is in Pattaya ATF, maybe Jomtien?

It's all the same place except more kiddie fiddlers in Jomtien.

Well it's nearly 9:30am, so I imagine that our Walt will be sitting outside of a Guesthouse in Jomtien cracking open his first Chang of the day and dreaming about the Brecon Beacons.biggrin.png

• Like 2

Ugh...seriously!

The sprightly anecdotal humour of a provincial girl with leprosy giving a fat farang a hand job or whatever for 10 THB. For shame.

The usual Western colonial trivialisation of exploitation in foreign lands.

Results are obvious the world over these days of this kind of puerile, irresponsible entitlement.

I read Trink from the late 80s until his final word. No farewell party was needed. Slink away indeed.

But you did read it, interesting rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

A handjob from a girl with leprosy is something you find amusing?

You're a weird guy.

My avatar was a test to see if some gormless prat would come along and take it seriously.

Congratulations, you passed.

Dear Mr Walsh,

Being an admirer of your avatar and your posts, I would like to offer you a free TGAU.

You should treasure this offer, as you are the first to be awarded this honour.

I would be very interested on your comments as to the functionality and ease of using of our new TGAU.

• Like 1

Dave Walsh post # 56

I see the forum schoolgirls are holding hands again.

Yes indeed they've all come to adore the ''Queen of May.

May(be) I where a whore hero maybe I wasn't.

Those old Welsh sheep on the S.A.S. training grounds are such seductive creatures aren't they Mr. Walsh?

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad13/colchar/Sheep.jpg

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2