1400 children sexually exploited in UK town Rotherham: report

webfact

I fail to see how I am avoiding facts when I say that evil men of all religions, races and classes commit this evil crime

I think he meant that you were trying to divert from this particular case concerning Muslims and trying to deny the implication that their religion might have contributed to their choice of victims. We all know that it is not only Muslims who exploit children.

One of the rare times when I have to agree with you UG!

In the case of Rotherham, political correctness paralysed the police and social workers.

The Jay report suggested that several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist.

Edited by Jay Sata
  • Like 1

Fear of being branded racist probably did play a part in the abysmal handling by the authorities in the Rotherham case.

But that cannot be said of the authorities' failures at the time to properly investigate the accusations of abuse in Catholic children's homes, the allegations of abuse in detention centres and the allegations of abuse in the latest case to come to light in Westminster; to name just three examples.

Noticeably the race and religion of those involved in those last two cases is not mentioned. Why? Because the media only think it relevant if the perpetrators are Asian and Muslim?

That certainly appears to be the case for some posters here!

I am sorry but we are dealing here with Asian gangs grooming white girls for sex.

I am more than happy to discuss other topics under a separate thread.

Religion did play a significant part in the targeting of these girls none of whom came from a Pakistani or Muslim community.

The Birmingham Mail recently published this story which echo's a trend that appears widespread in a certain sector of the community.

You will see a report from social services was not revealed to the press.

A bombshell police report has revealed 75 per cent of known on-street child sex groomers in the West Midlands are Asian with 82 per cent of victims, aged 14 to 16, being white.

And a Birmingham Mail investigation has discovered how police, councils and social services have been failing vulnerable victims in a new abuse scandal which follows those identified in Rotherham, Rochdale and Derbyshire.

The shocking statistics are contained in a confidential report from West Midlands Police.

Another report identified 111 youngsters at risk of child sexual exploitation in Birmingham last year, with the youngest aged just 11, and almost half of them under 15 years old.

The Childrens Society has also previously warned that vulnerable children were being taken to hotels in the West Midlands and abused by gangs after being plied with drugs and alcohol.

The Mail has discovered how children across the region have been failed by police, councils and social services with some known offenders not being prosecuted and victims being locked away in secure accommodation to protect them.

The sickening situation was revealed by Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board (BSCB) in a Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Prevention and Intervention Strategy published in September 2013. It was sent to partner agencies, including West Midlands Police, but was never issued to the media.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/west-midlands-police-report-reveals-7948902

What is terrible is the victims being incarcerated while the perpetrators go free.

Edited by Jay Sata

Fear of being branded racist probably did play a part in the abysmal handling by the authorities in the Rotherham case.

But that cannot be said of the authorities' failures at the time to properly investigate the accusations of abuse in Catholic children's homes, the allegations of abuse in detention centres and the allegations of abuse in the latest case to come to light in Westminster; to name just three examples.

Noticeably the race and religion of those involved in those last two cases is not mentioned. Why? Because the media only think it relevant if the perpetrators are Asian and Muslim?

That certainly appears to be the case for some posters here!

There's also the "elephant in the room", being the culture of white English middle or lower class girls, of a young age, who think it's normal to "get with" guys.

The term "Pommy slut" is often bandied around, for good reason.

You only have to look at places like Ibiza, and programs like Geordie Shore to realise what these girls do as a matter of normal day to day activity.

It's not cool to blame the victim, and no means no........but if you play with fire, you just might get burnt.

Most of the girls involved were from broken homes and in care.

As is so often the case in the UK the social workers involved walked away with playoffs and pensions.

The victims were let down by the police and those who were supposed to be looking after them.

• Like 2

Jay Sata, you seem to have completely missed the point of my last post; I cannot say that I am surprised.

So I will rephrase the questions, in the hopes that you understand this time.

Why do certain elements of the media think that the race and religion of child rapists and groomers is important when the criminals are Asian and/or Muslim?

Why in cases of child grooming and paedophile rings which do not involve Asians and/or Muslims is the race and religion of the criminals disregarded?

• Like 1

Jay Sata, you seem to have completely missed the point of my last post; I cannot say that I am surprised.

Why do certain elements of the media think that the race and religion of child rapists and groomers is important when the criminals are Asian and/or Muslim?

Why in cases of child grooming and paedophile rings which do not involve Asians and/or Muslims is the race and religion of the criminals disregarded?

Very simple, because these animals were targeting white children who are none Muslim.

In the other cases that you refer to, the perpetrators were not solely targeting children of another

Race or colour.

My point exactly.

What's more just as in the baby P case the social workers and police involved have never taken the blame.

They tried to hide what was going on for politically correct reasons because they did not want to admit that a certain sector of society who were Muslim saw their victims as OK to molest because they did not share the same faith.

Not one single Pakistani or Muslim child was ever molested by these animals.

Let me also remind you that Shaun Wright,a full time Labour councillor, was in charge of Children's Services

at Rotherham and brushed the abuse under the carpet.

He was forced out of his job as Police Commissioner refusing to resign until he had no choice and had the gall to make this statement as he left his high paying job.

"As I've previously stated, I entered into public service to make a positive difference in South Yorkshire. Protecting vulnerable people and particularly victims of child sexual exploitation has been my number one priority as Commissioner and much progress has been made over the last two years.

Social workers in the UK tend to be left wing which is not surprising since all the adverts for these public jobs are usually published in the left wing Labour influenced Guardian newspaper.

Quite apart from the criminals who are now in prison some members of the police and social services should also be facing charges.

Edited by Jay Sata
  • Like 2

The mix of things is the trait of this polemic.

No kid whatever race or religion they belong to should be sexualy abused.

Any animal whatever his race or religion who assault a kid must be brought to justice.

All red necks, haters of others should stop making the confusion and jumping in any opportunity to show their deep racist side.

Thanks

• Like 2

Your point as always is to deflect the blame from the Muslim criminals.

That is the point of the vast majority of his posts - a one trick pony. Look anywhere other than reality.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

My point exactly.

What's more just as in the baby P case the social workers and police involved have never taken the blame.

They tried to hide what was going on for politically correct reasons because they did not want to admit that a certain sector of society who were Muslim saw their victims as OK to molest because they did not share the same faith.

Not one single Pakistani or Muslim child was ever molested by these animals.

Let me also remind you that Shaun Wright,a full time Labour councillor, was in charge of Children's Services at Rotherham and brushed the abuse under the carpet.

He was forced out of his job as Police Commissioner refusing to resign until he had no choice and had the gall to make this statement as he left his high paying job.

"As I've previously stated, I entered into public service to make a positive difference in South Yorkshire. Protecting vulnerable people and particularly victims of child sexual exploitation has been my number one priority as Commissioner and much progress has been made over the last two years.

Social workers in the UK tend to be left wing which is not surprising since all the adverts for these public jobs are usually published in the left wing Labour influenced Guardian newspaper.

Quite apart from the criminals who are now in prison some members of the police and social services should also be facing charges.

Sorry Jay, it is inaccurate that you and a few others claim solely non- Muslims were abused. As the Rotherham report points out...

"it is clear that women and girls in the Pakistani community in Rotherham should have been encouraged and empowered by the authorities to speak out about perpetrators and their own experiences as victims of sexual exploitation, so often hidden from sight"

If you are interested read the report. The abuse meted out to Muslim girls, was horrific and no less severe than that experienced by the white kids.

Whilst in the minority boys were also sexually abused, but the report does not clarify if the boys were Muslim and or white

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

It was not just the young girls who were supposedly in care that were the victims. The abuse produced numerous abortions and over 100 babies.

I blame the so called social workers. Usually left wing politically correct women who snatch kids from innocent parents while turning a blind eye to the bigger issue.

This from the Spectattor.

It has been reported that no one in the council felt strong enough to challenge the mainly Asian gangs that perpetrated the abuse for fear of accusations of racism. Its true that racism, even of the inadvertent kind, has along with sexism and homophobia been turned into such a heinous crime in the eyes of public-sector functionaries that many would rather turn a blind eye to child rape than risk such accusations. Rotherham Councils childrens services last made headlines when it removed three eastern European children from their Ukip-supporting foster parents. One of its functionaries explained it was concerned about Ukips opposition to the active promotion of multiculturalism.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-week/leading-article/9299602/rotten-borough/

Edited by Jay Sata

Four groups should have been sent to jail.

1/ The Muslim men who carried out these abuses. Why only 5, are so far serving jail time?.

2/ Those members of the South Yorkshire police force who failed in their duty.

3/ Those social workers who were too cowardly to stand up to their political masters.

4/ The Labour councilor s who thought it better to try and sweep the facts under the municipal carpet. Would that be because they knew who the abusers vote for?.

As an ex employee of Rotherham MBC, I'm not at all surprised at the inaction of the councillors, they don't think that they are in their position to serve the electorate, more to do with serving the

Party. Unfortunately the electorate in Rotherham do not vote on current issues, again preferring to vote as their parents and grandparents did before them. This is the reason that in Elections, since these abuses became general knowledge, the Labour vote has actually increased.

Will things change, sure in the year after the Thai police cease to be corrupt.

• Like 2

The religion of these perverts and torturers IS important because this is what has conditioned them to look on these girls as objects to be raped, that's just what the prophet did so of course they see it as permissible and justified, they don't see themselves as being criminals. What elements of the media do you have in mind, most like you have bent over backwards to ignore the race and religion

I have never, ever tried in any way to deflect the blame away from the abusers and rapists; how dare you suggest that I have!

The same to all those who 'liked' his post.

But I have not, and will not, blame Islam nor the vast, overwhelming majority of British Muslims who are as disgusted by child rape as I.

Like me, they care whoever the victim and whoever the abuser.

You, and those who 'liked' your post, only seem to care when you can use it as an excuse to advance your hatred of Islam and Muslims.

Do you have any evidence that the vile men involved in this case have ever tried to justify their crimes using their religion?

If so, produce it.

• Like 2

The problem is a lot of men in these concentrated Pakistani communities still have their hearts and minds in Pakistan. That's why we have a procession of so called religious men calling for Sharia law etc.

I don't see lots of white Roman Catholics leaving the UK for jihad in the Middle East or raising funds for ISIS.

• Like 1

Maybe not, but I can remember the 1970's when you couldn't go for a drink in a NW London pub without a white Catholic man shoving a tin under your nose and demanding money for 'the boyos;' with an underlying and obvious threat of the consequences should you decline!

Those vile creatures in Rotherham targeted mainly girls in care; of which, for many reasons, there are far more white girls than Muslims ones.

So, obviously, they were going to have far more white victims than Muslims ones.

I have never, ever tried in any way to deflect the blame away from the abusers and rapists; how dare you suggest that I have!

But I have not, and will not, blame Islam nor the vast, overwhelming majority of British Muslims who are as disgusted by child rape as I.

You, and those who 'liked' your post, only seem to care when you can use it as an excuse to advance your hatred of Islam and Muslims.

Do you have any evidence that the vile men involved in this case have ever tried to justify their crimes using their religion?

If so, produce it.

The religion of these perverts and torturers IS important because this is what has conditioned them to look on these girls as objects to be raped, that's just what the prophet did so of course they see it as permissible and justified, they don't see themselves as being criminals. What elements of the media do you have in mind, most like you have bent over backwards to ignore the race and religion

Twisting the night away as usual. Nobody has ever said it had anything to do with the vast majority of those who follow a child rapist. I am saying again that it IS Islam that is to blame because Islam has condoned rape, the abuse of women, sexual slavery and viewing women as less than men and unbelieving females as the worst of people.

I tell you what shall we have a vote on here if you consistently apologise and try to deflect the blame from Islam by continually downplaying the seriousness of jihad, abuse and terrorism by pointing the finger at others, mainly Christians and Jews when you think you can get away with it and weather or not you strive to distance the words of the koran and the actions of the prophet from modern day outrages. The prophet was guilty of all the same violence, intolerance and sexual abuse of course that we have talked about on here over the last few months, but you seem to think all the problems that Islam produces comes from the wrong interpretation, you are deluded if you think that.

• Like 1

Again, you accuse me of "apologise(ing for) and try(ing) to deflect the blame from Islam by continually downplaying the seriousness of jihad, abuse and terrorism."

I have never done any such thing. I have consistently condemned all three of those.

Yet when you and those as prejudiced as you are asked questions you can't answer, out you come with that lie.

I ask you again:-

If so, produce it.

Lets see the prophet raped a nine year old and he is held up by Muslims as the perfect man, you of course even try to deny this, you probably would deny that Mecca did not exist before the 4thc as well or that the Koran is a book of violence, division and hate. The fact that so many Muslims in the UK raped so many children over so many years and that they are still doing it speaks for itself, well to all but an apologist like you, how about the vote then?

• Like 1

Maybe not, but I can remember the 1970's when you couldn't go for a drink in a NW London pub without a white Catholic man shoving a tin under your nose and demanding money for 'the boyos;' with an underlying and obvious threat of the consequences should you decline!

Those vile creatures in Rotherham targeted mainly girls in care; of which, for many reasons, there are far more white girls than Muslims ones.

So, obviously, they were going to have far more white victims than Muslims ones.

You seem to want to drag the Catholic Church or IRA sympathisers in the 1970's in to a debate that is all about Pakistani men raping young under age girls on an industrial scale.

In virtually all the cases,Derby, Rochdale etc the councils were run by Labour who did not want to upset their voters.

Why do you fail to understand that the trend was to brush all of this under the carpet until it could be hidden no more.

As I look at those horrific pictures in the newspapers today of the Muslim jihadists beheading prisoners can I ask you how you can defend a religion that motivates human butchery?

If so, produce it.

It's not a matter of hatred of Muslims, it's just a fact that in all these northern cities, Muslim men purposely targeted none Muslim vulnerable girls, I am prepared to accept that it was only a minority of the Muslims who abused these children, however many people have noticed ( obviously not you ) that the wider Muslim communities kept very quite with many refusing to condem these animals. Thankfully a few open minded Muslims have spoken out, with some saying they are amazed that the authorities did not take stronger action for fear of being called racist.

Can you imagine what would have happened if it had been white Christian men sexually targeting young Muslim girls, there would have been riots on the street, and if that had happened I for one would have applauded the Muslim commnity for doing so, although I suspect that the authorities would have quickly taken strong actions against those perpetrators.

• Like 1

strange then not one interview with a muslim victim.

Although interviews were not conducted for many years by the responsible agencies, the Rotherham report does mention a number of interviews were conducted with Muslim victims. The report also states the following:

• The appeal of organised sexual exploitation for Asian gangs had changed. In the past, it had been for their personal gratification, whereas now it offered 'career and financial opportunities to young Asian men who got involved’
  • Good work was done by officers in developing a protocol on child protection issues in the mosques in 2008. Each mosque appointed a designated person responsible for child protection, and training was provided for imams and others. The current chair of the Rotherham Council of Mosques had made strenuous efforts to widen representation on his Council to include women and demonstrated a strong personal commitment to dealing with child protection and CSE. He was disappointed not to have had any contact from the Safeguarding Board in the past, but was encouraged by recent discussions.

As 7x7 has requested, please provide evidence / reports that the sexual abuse crimes were minimised by offenders, using Islam as an excuse. Yes passages in the Koran support sexual slavery and so on as a punishment in times of conflict, As far as I am aware not in civil society for which Sharia Law articulates the death penalty, even though requirement for evidence is weighed against the victim.

• Like 1