Should Moyes have been given more time?

carmine

Moyes was never given a proper chance to succeed. Whether he would or not is a moot point. LVG is already on the back foot and will find it difficult to halt the slide. I've always thought that Mourinho was a dead cert for the Man U job in due course. Following straight on from Ferguson had no appeal, but a couple of seasons with Chelsea, the inevitable fall-out with Abramovich and then he can ride in on his white charger to OT. He would be a success too, no doubt about it. This season will be very entertaining watching Man U. Plenty of goals at both ends, but Utd will ultimately fall short of the top 4 and that will be curtains for LVG.

LVG will do ok. He's a big man for a big job with the right experience. It'll just take time.

Moyes was a ridiculous choice that always looked like a rabbit in the headlights having been given a job that was way too big for him.

I really wish they had given the money to Moyes though.....hahaha!

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree, with curtains for LVG. He's got to be one of the top managers UTD are likely to get. A degree of continuity is needed

Yep. Put the stabilisers on the bike mate. Inspirational transition required though.

UNITED is work in progress. LVG will get the midfield and defence sorted I am sure.

January window will be interesting.

As for the topic, Moyes should never have been given the job in the first place. It was never going to work.

Woodward problems didn't help him. But that's part of the point.

A Top Dog manager needed to be appointed to sort it with or in spite of Woodward.

Off topic, but connected: I would be concerned for UNITED if LVG is hell bent on playing 3-5-2 and not flexible enough for the modern Prem.

I don't agree, with curtains for LVG. He's got to be one of the top managers UTD are likely to get. A degree of continuity is needed

Yep. Put the stabilisers on the bike mate. Inspirational transition required though.

UNITED is work in progress. LVG will get the midfield and defence sorted I am sure.

As for the topic, Moyes should never have been given the job in the first place. It was never going to work.

A Top Dog manager needed to be appointed to sort it with or in spite of Woodward.

Off topic, but connected: I would be concerned for UNITED if LVG is hell bent on playing 3-5-2 and not flexible enough for the modern Prem.

even ari tried 3 c/b's so cant see so cant see 'luncheon voucher ' being left behind and not having at least one back up plan.

"LVG will get the midfield and defence sorted I am sure."

I actually think Moyes would have made a decent job of getting the defence sorted. After all, he's the man who sold Lescott for £20M+ and had a better defence for it. He bought Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Stones & Baines to Everton. 3 of them are in the England squad. Apparently had Hummels & Mangala on his radar for United, but thought Mangala wasn't good enough & Hummels looks like he wants to play Champs League. United haven't had a proper right back since Gary Neville packed up playing. LGV has bought 4 players who can play at left back and then there's Ashley Young.

"LVG will get the midfield and defence sorted I am sure."

I actually think Moyes would have made a decent job of getting the defence sorted. After all, he's the man who sold Lescott for £20M+ and had a better defence for it. He bought Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Stones & Baines to Everton. 3 of them are in the England squad. Apparently had Hummels & Mangala on his radar for United, but thought Mangala wasn't good enough & Hummels looks like he wants to play Champs League. United haven't had a proper right back since Gary Neville packed up playing. LGV has bought 4 players who can play at left back and then there's Ashley Young.

I thought their spending and support of Moyes was criminal last summer....in my opinion he did a good job at Everton....shame the new manager is doing even better...it does make him look lame but hey....that's football!

even ari tried 3 c/b's so cant see so cant see 'luncheon voucher ' being left behind and not having at least one back up plan.

Harry needs to stop listening to Hoddle, and van Gaal needs to be flexible. Maybe LVG has got a back up plan. He will need it.

Moyes could have had Fellaini or Baines.

He chose Fellaini and the writing was on the wall from that day forward.

Should he have had more time?

The day he sealed that deal he should have been on his way.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 2

Sorry rij....do you want a cheese sandwich?....I'm confused. .

not to wori smokes,

louis v has been given a bit of a free ride, ie spend what u want, so i thought 'luncheon voucher ' might work as a nick name,,,

Kosher? Or Halal.

Van Gaal would have been useless at Spurs. Oy Vey.

^

Wrong man for the job. Should not have got it in the first place, then they wouldn't have had to sack him.

UNITED effectively wasted a year and created lot's of damage.

Mourinho would have given UNITED top 4 last season.

This is pure speculation and living in dreamland, unless Mourinho suddenly found he was a long lost relative of the Sultan of Brunei.

^

Wrong man for the job. Should not have got it in the first place, then they wouldn't have had to sack him.

UNITED effectively wasted a year and created lot's of damage.

Mourinho would have given UNITED top 4 last season.

This is pure speculation and living in dreamland, unless Mourinho suddenly found he was a long lost relative of the Sultan of Brunei.

We'll never know, will we. But it would have been a good punt.

Guardiola would have been too. But Fergie signed the wrong geezer.

Missing out on Fabregas was a bit of a gaff i agree.

I'm not sure Fabregas wanted to leave at the time. Once Barca signed Rakitic he might have had a change of heart.

Nonsense as usual from Les.

Stick to slagging City off!!!

Fabregas signed for Chelsea BEFORE Rakitic signed for Barca.!!rolleyes.gif

Edited by JacknDanny
  • Like 1

Well, maybe I shouldn't post here, since I don't follow Manu or Premier League for that matter closely, but a few things I did notice a follow:

For Moyes: I believe to hear him saying before the season started, that he will need at least a season to be able to start showing success. He didn't start the season by saying he wants to win a title. It cant be easy for ANYBODY to take over a club that has been managed by a single person for....how long? 20 years?

Against Moyes: With that kind of team, I think an outstanding coach should have at least gotten an uefa Cup Position. Also, what the heck did they do to Kagawa? He is a FANTASTIC Player. I remember during the Dortmund games, prior to his move to Manu, he was a key player to Dortmunds success. Sometimes 2-3 Big German defenders were around him, where you couldnt see him or the ball and he came out of that with the ball. At Manu, when he played, he was put on the wrong position. Glad he's back home...THANK YOU for that LVG.

Given all this, I think he should have gotten at least until the winter break of this season.

in hindsight moyes looks like a patsy. was quite clearly out of his depth but then he was the anointed one chosen by his master's voice so who was anyone else to criticise?

don't have any sympathy with the man though because ultimately he's an arrogant d*ckhead who thinks he's a far better manager than he really is. hard to see him ever getting another really big job ever too. none of the usual big six or seven would ever touch him with a bargepole again.

• Like 1

But, not sure whether Moyes would have been so ready to off-load Wellbeck. I know it's another if and but. But Wellbeck could prove to be one of the bargains of the season. If so, questions will be asked.

Off topic, but Welbeck is moderately average. Just watched the England game btw.

Top clubs need top players. Good luck Arsene.

P45, I think your too passionate and not objective enough. Wellbeck, is too good a player to get rid of. This should never happen at a club which builds from a strong youth development scheme. I hope you're wrong.

Looks like things are changing at UNITED then, for better or for worse.

I wouldn't have Welbeck at Chelsea. Moderately average atm.

But, not sure whether Moyes would have been so ready to off-load Wellbeck. I know it's another if and but. But Wellbeck could prove to be one of the bargains of the season. If so, questions will be asked.

Off topic, but Welbeck is moderately average. Just watched the England game btw.

I strongly disagree.

Top clubs need a TEAM. This is usually accomplished by a mix of older experienced and young talented players and a good coach.

You can have 11 TOP PLAYERS vs a TEAM of 11 no names and have an even match.

I strongly disagree.

Top clubs need a TEAM. This is usually accomplished by a mix of older experienced and young talented players and a good coach.

You can have 11 TOP PLAYERS vs a TEAM of 11 no names and have an even match.

Hey NiwPix mate....Don't bite!facepalm.gif