Ignoramus needs advice about LOS and elswhere from wise TV members

hotsoup

This not as light hearted as it might be!!

I have no problem with Prayuth and his friends.

Of course if they started 'disappearing' people my attitude would change.

Thaksin who appeared to have played too much Warcraft and was apparently enthusiastic about S.American dictatorships was a 'clear danger'

My family have lived, now, in LOS for nigh on 25 years. The choice to come here was based on our experience of a number of exotic as well as boring places. USA/Mexico, UK, France, China, Japan, Indonesia, Turkey etc.

With the continuing future of the children as the lodestone, we are assessing our decisions and choices.and trying to understand the world.

We would be interested to know the views of you wise men and women on this, for a start:

How has it come about that the once great powers of the world over, say, 400 years have been brought to their knees?. Blaming it on bankers or capitalism is not sufficient. Spain, France, Great Britain, Netherlands, America, Ottoman Empire, Soviet Union/Russia, once 'powers' now, with the exception of the US, have birth rates declining so fast the populations will be irreplaceable. It appears only PRC has to some extent survived...though, even there, as elsewhere, inter ethnic strife and youth unemployment are widespread. Is any of this important?

There is not a lot to be done about rainfall; though water will surely become an issue here in LOS as everywhere. Strains of rice can be improved. Political arrangements can be tinkered with. His Majestys promotion of Self Sufficency is surely right. The question we are asking ourselves is whether within the psyche and structures of Thai society there is the capacity and desire to continue to live harmoniously and in prosperity? So that the children will be in as good a place as possible. Particularly if the rest of the world appears to be either in decline or falling apart.

So all you judges, lawyers, beach bums, teachers, bar stool veterans, kwai raisers, durian farmers, resident or otherwise..can you advise?

• Like 1

How has it come about that the once great powers of the world over, say, 400 years have been brought to their knees?. Blaming it on bankers or capitalism is not sufficient. Spain, France, Great Britain, Netherlands, America, Ottoman Empire, Soviet Union/Russia, once 'powers' now, with the exception of the US, have birth rates declining so fast the populations will be irreplaceable. It appears only PRC has to some extent survived...though, even there, as elsewhere, inter ethnic strife and youth unemployment are widespread. Is any of this important

I blame the PC, lilly livered, spineless liberals, TV, internet and smart phones....laugh.png

Don't forget The Gays. There were only two gays four centuries ago--till they started recruiting.

T

How has it come about that the once great powers of the world over, say, 400 years have been brought to their knees?. Blaming it on bankers or capitalism is not sufficient. Spain, France, Great Britain, Netherlands, America, Ottoman Empire, Soviet Union/Russia, once 'powers' now, with the exception of the US, have birth rates declining so fast the populations will be irreplaceable. It appears only PRC has to some extent survived...though, even there, as elsewhere, inter ethnic strife and youth unemployment are widespread. Is any of this important

I blame the PC, lilly livered, spineless liberals, TV, internet and smart phones....laugh.png

I am considering either Somalia or Yemen, no digital nomads or Starbucks, should be alright.

Considered Nth Korea, weather too cold.

• Like 1