Money transfer back to US?

• 4 weeks later...

Why not?

If the transfer is from your company account, all you need is the invoice from the company you pay to.

If the transfer is from your private account, it should be to your private account over there. And it cannot exceed your declared personal income, which makes sense. This is for the prevention of money laundering.

For an amount exceeding US$ 20,000, you will also need to fill in a TT1 form, but your bank will guide you. It is a formality.

• 4 weeks later...

US$ 100,000 is a nice sales commission. Show the bank a copy of your contract and the Withholding Tax confirmation, I would think it qualifies as income that you can remit to your home country. I am not sure though. Keep us informed what the bank said.

The whole idea is to prevent money laundering and to ensure that the foreigner has paid the income taxes.

US$ 100,000 is a nice sales commission. Show the bank a copy of your contract and the Withholding Tax confirmation, I would think it qualifies as income that you can remit to your home country. I am not sure though. Keep us informed what the bank said.

The whole idea is to prevent money laundering and to ensure that the foreigner has paid the income taxes.

the OP did not mention anything about commission. he might have sold his home and wants to repatriate the funds.