Daily Contact Lenses

DD13

Hi Folks

For the past four years I have been buying my "Ciba Vision" Toric Dailies contact lenses from a well known optician here in Pattaya ......

I went to collect my monthly supply this week.....and they had forgotten to order them........

Their apology was the "usual" shrug of the shoulders......saying....... "here in one week".......helpful !!

luckily I have 5 days supply remaining......

But

Does anyone have a "good contact" ....(wait for the jokes).......for supply.....here or elsewhere ??

They have also upped the price to 720.00 Baht a box from 660.00.......bit of a price hike

Many thanks

I've been wearing my monthly lenses for longer than "suggested".

My optometrist told me it was ok also. My eye sight hasn't changed for 6 years and i wear the same lenses daily for approx 3months before changing to new ones.

Doesn't exactly answer your question but hope the info helps.

Edited by Rimmer
Prohibited publication

Can't help you on where to purchase in Pattaya, because we are backwards and forwards between Oz and Pattaya, and can not purchase plus contacts in pattaya, every optometrist says minus only. So we are buying in Australia.

When we move to Pattaya full time, we may have a problem unless we can buy online overseas.

very interesting read from wheredoolive (DailyMail) on contacts lasting much longer.

Why do people constantly post links to the daily mail when its still bloody banned in Thailand :-(

I want to read it too ! !

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN

Try the optician shop next to Tesco Lotus in S. Pattaya. Walk in the south entrance & they'll be around the corner on the right.

I wear a + 5.25 prescription......extraordinarily difficult to find.

They always had to order them (daily wear), but they always had them on time, usually 5 days or so.

Even Wal-Mart Vision Center in the USA has to order them & they take 2-3 weeks to get here.....Errrrrr = I should probably get some more on order now.

Another option is to get the 2 week variety. It's hit & miss, but I always find them in stock at one of the many shops on Central Road. Just park at Big C & start walking towards the beach & hit every eyeball shop you see on the right & if no luck there, return up the other side of the street.

I've probably done that 5 or 6 times, and always found a shop along there somewhere that had what I needed.

Not sure if you've ever tried the 2 week kind, but they cost about 1/3rd of what the dailies cost.

$44 USD (in the states) for a 3 month supply of 2-week wear vs. $155 for a 3 month supply of dailies. Those are pretty close to Thai prices.

Edited by jaywalker

Try the optician shop next to Tesco Lotus in S. Pattaya. Walk in the south entrance & they'll be around the corner on the right.

I wear a + 5.25 prescription......extraordinarily difficult to find.

They always had to order them (daily wear), but they always had them on time, usually 5 days or so.

Even Wal-Mart Vision Center in the USA has to order them & they take 2-3 weeks to get here.....Errrrrr = I should probably get some more on order now.

Another option is to get the 2 week variety. It's hit & miss, but I always find them in stock at one of the many shops on Central Road. Just park at Big C & start walking towards the beach & hit every eyeball shop you see on the right & if no luck there, return up the other side of the street.

I've probably done that 5 or 6 times, and always found a shop along there somewhere that had what I needed.

Not sure if you've ever tried the 2 week kind, but they cost about 1/3rd of what the dailies cost.

$44 USD (in the states) for a 3 month supply of 2-week wear vs. $155 for a 3 month supply of dailies. Those are pretty close to Thai prices.

Thank you "jaywalker" I will take your advice and shop around......

Can't help you on where to purchase in Pattaya, because we are backwards and forwards between Oz and Pattaya, and can not purchase plus contacts in pattaya, every optometrist says minus only. So we are buying in Australia.

When we move to Pattaya full time, we may have a problem unless we can buy online overseas.

very interesting read from wheredoolive (DailyMail) on contacts lasting much longer.

==============

Not sure what's up w/ the quote function today, but yes, I agree. It seems most folks need a minus prescription. Us Plus folks seem to be the minority.

I bet every time (see my post above) I've done the Central Pattaya Road "hunt" for + contacts, most will say "no Hab".

It's a numbers game. Just keep trying shop after shop after shop........That shop next to S. Pattaya Lotus is the best I've found though.

ALWAYS write done your prescription.......I've gotten - (MINUS) 5.25's by accident once in Pattaya on Central Road due to the language barrier.

Also got MINUS 5.25's from the doctor's office in Florida as well due to stupidity.

I just get so excited after I've been out of contacts for a week or so, that I yank off my glasses & poke them in.......I can't see squat with the polar opposite of what I need though.

Make sure to write it down for the shops in Pattaya.

• Like 1

Thanks Jaywalker, we will try the shop next to Tesco Lotus, if you happen to know the name it would be appreciated. Otherwise we will go knocking, we tried along second road mostly without joy in the past. Great to know they can sell plus contacts.

Edited by Rimmer
off topic removed

Thanks Jaywalker, we will try the shop next to Tesco Lotus, if you happen to know the name it would be appreciated. Otherwise we will go knocking, we tried along second road mostly without joy in the past. Great to know they can sell plus contacts.

Hi Dragonaus,

Tesco in S. Pattaya optician shop.....I can't recall the name of it....Walk in the South entrance door to Tesco. If you're facing the store from the parking lot, it'll be the one on the left.

Restrooms to the left. Swenson's in front of you. Turn right. Walk maybe 30 feet/10 meters or so. The shop will be on your right. It's the only optician shop in that area. They actually have a door that opens towards the parking area, so they're independent of Tesco.

There's a short, sweet rotund (fat) lady there that speaks great English. She's always been real good about calling me when my contacts arrive as well.

In 3 years of ordering from there, YES, they did let my order slip once, so I was stuck with glasses for a week or so. She was VERY apologetic, and got them for me in 3 days I think. Great customer service, as mistakes happen. She owned up to it & apologized & expedited my order.

Wal-Mart in the USA did the same thing, except they called me first.......They had ordered MINUS prescription. The lady there caught it & called me to say it'd be a while longer before they got what I needed.

That Tesco shop is the best I've found in Pattaya though, & in an emergency, go do the Central Pattaya Road trawl. I've never come back empty handed from checking the 20 or so shops along both sides of the road.

Hope that helps Brother!

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

I've found the best daily lenses are Acuvue Moist, which although high end opticians sell them for 1000 baht a box, Top Cheoleorn ( cant remember how to spell it, the 69 shop) sell them for around 790. I've been wearing lenses for 35 years and these are by far the most comfortable I had.

SDM

PS sorry just read that again, I don't think there is a Toric version to the Moist brand.

Edited by SDM0712