Army clamping down

hellyes2oo2

Niwpix, Since the coup, almost every social media site in thailand is being monitored. And as thai visa is one of the most used sites, I think we can assume that this site is being monitored. So we are not talking about a small not very well known site.

I don't know how long you have lived in Thailand, but you have to understand thai culture. Just to give you an idea about the culture, a few days ago i wanted to read a sports report on the daily mail website, when I tried to log on, to my astonishment I found the website was blocked by the thai goverment. The Daily Mail is an english newspaper, what reason can the thai goverment have for blocking a newspaper, as far as I know they haven't insulted the thai goverment.

The reason that I have been trying to warn "LostinIsaan" to tone down his comments is that what he did was point out specifically people that were involved in the sale of drugs, i.e. The Chief of Police in Uthom Phon Pisai, and also he accused most of the other police of selling drugs to young people either for money or sex. Now I honestly don't care if he gets arrested or not. But as you point out would he be arrested and thrown into a overcrowded thai prison, the last time I looked the thai police didn't give a shit if a prison was full. But your second point was, would he be subjected to some unlawful retribution, and i would say almost certainly 100% he would be.

Thais do not like to lose face,and that is just the ordinary man in the street. So can you imagine the fury of the Chief of Police if he is accused by a farang of being complicit in the selling to drugs to kids. So yes my answer to you is, we must all beware of critiscing anyone that has any power. Remember we are not in Bangkok, and any farang disappearing here in Isaan, will not be investigated by the police the same as it would be in Bangkok, espicially if the police made him disappeare.

Finally, my last point is, you ask would anyone really take the time to try and trace a IP adress, well in this day and age of computer geeks it probably takes about 2 minutes to trace.

Just for info, there WAS a specific article that caused the block of that English rag. The words Birthday cake, thruppenny bits and poodle, springs to mind.

Fully agree with everything you said BTW.

Yes the Mail has been banned because it published an article with pictures concerning people that we are not allowed to mention. Had that article been posted by someone in Thailand they would have been in very serious trouble indeed. The lese majeste laws a in this Country are draconian.

Incidentally the blocking of the Mail is sporadic. I was unable to read it this morning, but opened the site 10 minutes ago and it was available,