Army clamping down

hellyes2oo2

It seems like the army are coming down hard on the yaba dealers. Since last sunday we have had 3 early morning raids in our small village. And there have been a few in the past several weeks. Funny thing is I can't recall any in the last few years by the police.

• Like 2

Are they netting yaba dealers each time they visit?

I would think if they arrested dealers the first and/or second time that anyone left would have taken off or disposed of his supply by the second or third time.

How do you know they're going after Yaba dealers? Are they announcing the purpose of their investigations or is it common knowledge who is dealing and who is getting repeated visits from the army?

All very well and good,but my nephew had a visit a month ago. He was guilty in the past. They turned up in the middle of the night, threatened everyone, dragged him off to a rice field blindfolded, beat him up for two hours and threatened him with death if he didn't stop. I'm sure many on here will say he got what he deserved. However, those of us with longer memories remember Thaksin's war on drugs. How is this any different? So to everyone saying how good it is the army is in charge open your eyes. What kind of country is this you're living in where people are threatened with execution, and beaten outside of the law

Bermondburi, so if your nephew was guilty in the past, do you think we should feel sorry for him now. Do you think that when he was lining his pockets, that he considered that some of the people he was selling to may have been young kids who's lives he was ruining. I bet he didn't give a flying f#ck as long as he was getting his money. I say they should have shot him and rid the area of yet another lazy arsed scumbag that didn't want to do proper work to earn a living.

• Like 2

I knew people would give this response but that wasn't actually the point I was making. I didn't ask for any sympathy for him, nor he from you. My point is that there seems to be a tendency among people to say how great things are under the army now, compared to under previous governments. When I hear about things like this I see no difference whatsoever. That was the point I was trying to make, not whether he deserved it or not.

I knew people would give this response but that wasn't actually the point I was making. I didn't ask for any sympathy for him, nor he from you. My point is that there seems to be a tendency among people to say how great things are under the army now, compared to under previous governments. When I hear about things like this I see no difference whatsoever. That was the point I was trying to make, not whether he deserved it or not.

Quite so bermondaburi. where I live I have seen absolutely no difference in the activities of the authorities. It remains to be seen whether this will change. As for the attitude of the locals towards the happenings being done by the present 'powers that be', some mutterings can be heard, watch this space is the expression I believe.

I am not a fan of the army but Ya'ba is a large scale problem in Thailand and as well in Isaan. We had several raids last month in our village and one from our village boys was arrested who by the way was a good student. As he was classified as a dealer (they found 50 pills) he got a few years jail. The father also had to turn in his rifle which looked like a M16 copy. Further more in Phang Khon we had three night entertainment spots and they are all close.

• Like 1

Might be a good thing to get rid off all the Jaba dealer in Sisaket, nearby villages, as it seems to be the problem province # one.

There're many areas in Sisaket, where almost everybody knows who's dealing that shit. Nong Mek, Noon Sai Thon and other places.

I hope they're able to find the "dealing cops" in Uthumphon Phisai, only 25 km away on the way to Surin.

Seems that also the chief of police is involved and they always warn the dealers of a raid.And that's not a rumor............facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

The way that the net is being monitored at the moment,i'm not sure that it is a good idea to be accusing the police in Uthom Phon Pisai of being yaba dealers, and specifically naming the chief of police there as being the main man in charge of the dealing. As the op on this topic, i live in a small village next to uthom, and while i agree that some people are getting tipped off when a raid is on the way. I would still be very wary of naming individuals.

The way that the net is being monitored at the moment,i'm not sure that it is a good idea to be accusing the police in Uthom Phon Pisai of being yaba dealers, and specifically naming the chief of police there as being the main man in charge of the dealing. As the op on this topic, i live in a small village next to uthom, and while i agree that some people are getting tipped off when a raid is on the way. I would still be very wary of naming individuals.

Chai, sir I think you are right. Small world and all that.
  • Like 1

Thanks for pointing that out. Seems that all was just "hearsay", as such high ranked officers would never ever be involved in such illegal activities.

I think the "gossip" was about the former chief of police......

I'm aware how easy it would be to "find" some jaba in my car, or at home. Of course not dropped off by cops, or their slaves.

Let's hope the Army does a good job.

Seems to me mate that you are not taking this thing seriously, you obviously feel that you are one of those people that think "they can never trace me". I am sure that is what the yaba dealers that were caught thought. By the way the ones that didn't get tipped off, are regarded as collateral damage.

• Like 1

Seems to me mate that you are not taking this thing seriously, you obviously feel that you are one of those people that think "they can never trace me". I am sure that is what the yaba dealers that were caught thought. By the way the ones that didn't get tipped off, are regarded as collateral damage.

I'm taking that very seriously and regret it that I even mentioned it. Of course is the chief of police not involved, nor his police officers.

They're all innocent and no students in Uthum are addicted, nor do little girls and boys sell their bodies,only receiving some red pills for it.

I apologize for making this up.

• Like 1

Lostinissan, no one is doubting that what you are saying is true. But your stupidity is mind blowing. I can only assume that if you are being so flippant in your attitude to posting names,not actual names, but the ranks of police officers, and also specific areas where they are stationed, that maybe at the present time you are not in thailand. Do you not realise how easy it is these days to trace a IP adress.

But if you are so clever that you have devised a way to avoid detection, please share it with the rest of us, so we can all throw caution to the wind and say what we want about the police here in sisaket and surrounding areas.

• Like 2

I'm taking that very seriously and regret it that I even mentioned it. Of course is the chief of police not involved, nor his police officers.

They're all innocent and no students in Uthum are addicted, nor do little girls and boys sell their bodies,only receiving some red pills for it.

I apologize for making this up.

You can't call it anymore stupidity. You are looking for trouble and strife and not think of it that you can prepare anger to others in your area. Why do not you just calm or keep your mouth shut

Edited by bushmill

All very well and good,but my nephew had a visit a month ago. He was guilty in the past. They turned up in the middle of the night, threatened everyone, dragged him off to a rice field blindfolded, beat him up for two hours and threatened him with death if he didn't stop. I'm sure many on here will say he got what he deserved. However, those of us with longer memories remember Thaksin's war on drugs. How is this any different? So to everyone saying how good it is the army is in charge open your eyes. What kind of country is this you're living in where people are threatened with execution, and beaten outside of the law

It is no different,people have been so set in their ways about Thaksin,they forget there are others exactly the same.

Ok, in all seriousness now...I am not mocking or being sarcastic or anything like that:

Do you guys really think that the situation is that severe that they monitor a forum / Internet ( let alone English Forum ) and go find the IP of a random guy that said it seems like its an inside job? And after getting his IP go to his residence to arrest and charge him with...what? Then throw the foreigner in an overcrowded jail?

Or is it that you think they will do things that doesn't quite follow the law?

I would be very interested why all so serious about the situation that he posted. If it is too delicate to answer here, a PM would be appreciated if its not too much trouble xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png

Ok, in all seriousness now...I am not mocking or being sarcastic or anything like that:

Do you guys really think that the situation is that severe that they monitor a forum / Internet ( let alone English Forum ) and go find the IP of a random guy that said it seems like its an inside job? And after getting his IP go to his residence to arrest and charge him with...what? Then throw the foreigner in an overcrowded jail?

Or is it that you think they will do things that doesn't quite follow the law?

I would be very interested why all so serious about the situation that he posted. If it is too delicate to answer here, a PM would be appreciated if its not too much trouble xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png

He may be accused for what? . Defamation of a government employee., Because he certainly has no proof. All just guesses.