Travel Insurance whilst pregnant

mja1906

Hi, I'm a British national currently living in Chiang Mai, and just found out I'm pregnant. Earlier this year, I booked tickets to fly back home to the UK for a 1mth trip, and so I'm now looking for any travel insurance that will cover me, in case anything happens on the journey there. I wonder if any company will cover me, seeing as this is a 'pre existing condition'? Also I'm due to fly 7th Sep. Thanks

From AXA/Thailand 'Smart Traveler Plus' policy:

Exclusions: This insurance does not cover the cost of treatment or losses arising from injury or illness (complications thereof) symptoms or conditions arising from the following:

5. Services in connection with infertility, pregnancy, childbirth, abortion or miscarriage, or any causes related to pregnancy, sterilization or investigation of sterilization.

As JLCrab has pointed out, no insurance company will touch you. I assume as you've only recently discovered you're pregnant then you're not too far gone and you'll enjoy NHS privileges when here, if required.

It's a thirteen hour trip here and twelve hours back, as you know, so you either consider that the chances of something serious occurring during both legs is minimal or you forfeit the cost of the ticket.

• Like 1

Thanks. Yes, I figured it would be difficult to find any coverage, but I'll ask AA on the off-chance. I'll be 5mths pregnant when I fly back to Thailand, wonder if any UK insurance companies can offer anything for the return leg (even though haven't been living there for many years). More for peace of mind than anything.