SOS for dog

loppylugs1

Looks as old as the hills ,but at a guess about 6 years old,poor condition,a street dog,lives with about 4 or five others ,been spayed.

Was hit by a car and broken hip,vet cannot fix,so can just about hobble with hanging leg. Am considering putting her to sleep,but if there is anyone could give her a home to see out her days. A quiet dog,no aggression,once one of the best I would say, just needs a mat in an out of the way place

She is sure to get hit again by vehicle as slow moving. cannot take her in as am in condo and owner is playing hell with amount of dogs I care for

• Like 1

So sorry to hear and what a great guy you are to go the extra step.clap2.gif Unfortunately I am in same situation as you, condo and travelling often. I hope you find some kind soul to take care of your dog. So sad to see the many abandoned dogs, many of them suffering. Best of luck. MS>

So sorry to hear and what a great guy you are to go the extra step.clap2.gif Unfortunately I am in same situation as you, condo and travelling often. I hope you find some kind soul to take care of your dog. So sad to see the many abandoned dogs, many of them suffering. Best of luck. MS>

Most of them aren't abandoned but packs of feral dogs. If you want to anthropomophise the situation, best to just put the dog down.

• Like 2

OP, any luck with finding a home?

No ,still there,shame really she is quite bright still,but not been looked after for long time. Coat is a mess , put medication on her to get rid of mange,with ivermectin injection to help it along. Hardly worth getting the hip looked at,however it is strapped up it would only incapacitate her more,last thing to do living in traffic

Would take her on but got too many around me now. Keep hoping

No ,still there,shame really she is quite bright still,but not been looked after for long time. Coat is a mess , put medication on her to get rid of mange,with ivermectin injection to help it along. Hardly worth getting the hip looked at,however it is strapped up it would only incapacitate her more,last thing to do living in traffic

Send me a pm, how to find you or the dog . I am full, but will see how she is and may be will be able to take her in or find someone who will

Send me a pm, how to find you or the dog . I am full, but will see how she is and may be will be able to take her in or find someone who will

Gosh you have made my Sunday, YOU and the Guy who is trying to find a home for the dog..

There is people,out there with big hearts, you are one of them...

Well done... , hope it all works out...

• Like 1

Thanks sent PM

• Like 1

Nice to know that at least some Farangs can see in a dog "man's best friend". Thai's see in a dog a low cost Alarm-System that makes noise in the middle of the night if something enters their fenced-in domain. And that is all. Ever seen a Thai petting his dog and crawl him behind the ears?

Only exception: A miniature dog of european-breeding (chiwawha crossd with miniature poodles is the rage at present, costing a mere 500 Bht.). That, as long as in the puppy stage, it will be an attraction in the neighborhood and adds to the social standing of any Thai-Owner. of such a 500 Bht addition to the household. Once getting close to adulthood, those additions to the household tend to disappear in mysterious ways.

A dog does not have it easy in Thailand. Within the Buddhist believe of reincarnation, to be reborn as a dog ranges very low on the "wish-list".

A story to let it all sink in: A friendly neighborhood dog that hung around my place (just getting a daily crawl behind the ears=no feeding) got ill to the point that he hardly could walk anymore. I asked my Thai-Neighbors about a veterinary = no have!

So, as a true Farang I took him to my personal doctor the next morning. OUTRAGE: "I am a medical-doctor and I will certainly not treat any dogs". My remark, that I would be willing to pay the same fee as he would charge me if I was the patient was not even considered.

What to do? As a last resort,went to my pharmacist and claimed that I had such a sore throat in combination with fever and uncontrollable cough-attacks in the middle of the night. I asked for antibiotics. I got them. The following 10 days I fed my patient the crushed antibiotic medicine in combination with Nestles "Nes-Vita" that can only be consumed in liquid form anyway.

And the result? Dog alive, going strong and I have to ask the dog for permission to leave my place.

But also: Thai's have always considered me as somewhat of a "strange bird" Going thru all this trouble for a dog? But there is an upbeat note: The elders have apparently concluded that I must have some magic-powers. It will take me some time, to explain to them that Antibiotics work on all mammals. The though part will be to explain that a dog is also a mammal.

Cheers.

• Like 2