Payment Voucher

Hi all

I'm looking for something called a "payment voucher". Apparently Thai accounting practises require this to be signed in order for a company to "pay back" an employee who has purchased something for the company using his own money.

Can someone show me an example of this ?

Google returns nothing useful, and I wasn't able to translate it into Thai in a way that my gf would understand what it is.

Many thanks!

Fan

Yeah that's what confuses me.. I'm familiar with the "western" style of expense reporting - employee submits his form at the end of the month, manager approves it and he gets his money back.

But it was specifically called a "payment voucher".

We've already inquired twice about it, and it's still not clear to me nor my Thai gf about what exactly that is supposed to be.

Here's the exact wording:

"3. “Payment voucher” with all the details i.e. pay to, description, pay by, approve by, date of payment, etc together with your signature as the approver and stamp your company’s stamp on it.

For “Payment Voucher”. You can simply buy from stationary shop."

However, we could not find anything resembling that anywhere.

Here's the exact wording:

"3. Payment voucher with all the details i.e. pay to, description, pay by, approve by, date of payment, etc together with your signature as the approver and stamp your companys stamp on it.

For Payment Voucher. You can simply buy from stationary shop."

However, we could not find anything resembling that anywhere.

To be honest, I work here and submit expense claims every month and have never heard of a "Payment Voucher" all I do is an expense sheet with the receipts attached, made out in the companies name.

I know I may be going round in circles here, but the description given sounds just like an expense claim sheet...laugh.png

its not a receipt book they are going on about is it ?

Edited by Soutpeel

Yeah the "going round in circles" seems to occur quite a lot around here :)

What just rang a bell, though is this bit "receipts attached, made out in the companies name". What if they aren't ?

I've got many cases where I have to buy something online, which is then in my name since it's a credit card purchase. SCB even managed to make a business transaction in my personal name instead of the company name, straight off the company bank account. Yet those are purely company expenses.

Yeah the "going round in circles" seems to occur quite a lot around here smile.png

What just rang a bell, though is this bit "receipts attached, made out in the companies name". What if they aren't ?

I've got many cases where I have to buy something online, which is then in my name since it's a credit card purchase. SCB even managed to make a business transaction in my personal name instead of the company name, straight off the company bank account. Yet those are purely company expenses.

ah now that might a problem, I have a business card with the companies name in English and Thai on it, and always get the receipt made out in the companies name, if I claiming as a business expense, as always remember being told when I first came to Thailand, that if its not, a company will not reinburse that receipt, something to do with claiming the VAT or something ?

when you do figure out what this "payment voucher" thing is all about, update on here as I am intrigued to know...laugh.png