Cheaper bomb disposal robots developed by KMUTNB

webfact

What they need is a powerful mobile phone detector for patrols to carry to detect concealed phone users waiting to explode an IED as the patrol passes. One that can be carried by foot patrols and vehicle patrols.

Given the mobile phone usage prevalence in Thailand, would this be practical? Perhaps if ALL mobile phones in an area were pulsed for a few millseconds at random intervals, phone initiated bombs could be detonated (very) prematurely, which would also greatly increase the risk for those setting them.

I think what he really means is a mobile signal blocking device, which could be used to block a signal to a bomb!

I think that halloween means making a call to every mobile briefly because this is how the phone is used to set of the bomb.

It is not really practical given the amount of mobiles in Thailand but it would certainly make you think if you made a mobile activated bomb as it may go off just as you turn the phone on.

What they need is a powerful mobile phone detector for patrols to carry to detect concealed phone users waiting to explode an IED as the patrol passes. One that can be carried by foot patrols and vehicle patrols.

Given the mobile phone usage prevalence in Thailand, would this be practical? Perhaps if ALL mobile phones in an area were pulsed for a few millseconds at random intervals, phone initiated bombs could be detonated (very) prematurely, which would also greatly increase the risk for those setting them.

I think what he really means is a mobile signal blocking device, which could be used to block a signal to a bomb!

I think that halloween means making a call to every mobile briefly because this is how the phone is used to set of the bomb.

It is not really practical given the amount of mobiles in Thailand but it would certainly make you think if you made a mobile activated bomb as it may go off just as you turn the phone on.

Well isn't that what it is supposed to do????