Are you missing your family, friends, back in the old country?

Costas2008

I had a great 10 years in Thailand, but with my kid fast approaching school age, and my general lethargy and falling out of love with the place, I decided to return home to the UK this year. After 25 years away from my home town through work, I now live back near my parents, my extended family and old friends, who I never lost contact with. My Thai wife is back with me and is loving it, everyone has made her so welcome, and she has slotted straight into life there. My kid starts school this week, and I'm loving taking him to all the places I went to when I grew up there. You dont really appreciate how beautiful some of the countryside is there until you have someone to show and reminisce with.

Everyone is different, but on a personal note I missed it, missed everyone, and as of a couple of years ago knew it was time to head back home. It took over a year to plan and get everything in order to make the move, but I can honestly say that its the best decision I ever made in selling everything in Thailand and reinvesting back in the UK.

Thailand was good while it lasted, but deep down it never felt like home, and now thats been confirmed. My home is where I grew up, with family and real friends, and we were fortunate to be able to make that move when we needed to, as I'm sure others will not be so lucky.

• Like 2