Amazon.com

dukkha

:o I have been able to order books from amazon in the last two months while living here in Bangkok...today I tried to order, forgot my password, went to the re set passward site and received the same message over and over again..."your token has expired'..no idea what this means and of course foolishly did not write my password down anywhere, now cannot access my account and there seems to be no way of making contact with amazon.com...the help buttons of no use...anyone able to enlighten me as to what the hel_l is going on...for many of us amazon is an important resource and now I feel as though I can no longer avail myself of it.... :D Dukkha

Try deleting your cookies and cache, then reaccessing their website.

This is more of an internet/computer issue so I'll move it over there in case my suggestion doesn't work. Then we can get the experts on it :o

:D Many thanks for your enlighted response sbk.. :o dukkha

Try deleting your cookies and cache, then reaccessing their website.

This is more of an internet/computer issue so I'll move it over there in case my suggestion doesn't work. Then we can get the experts on it :D

Good advice from sbk. I would just add if has only been happening for a short period of time, don't panic - it could be a temporary problem at Amazon's end.

If all else fails, you could alway sign up again with Amazon using another login name.

Peter

:o I have been able to order books from amazon in the last two months while living here in Bangkok...today I tried to order, forgot my password, went to the re set passward site and received the same message over and over again..."your token has expired'..no idea what this means and of course foolishly did not write my password down anywhere, now cannot access my account and there seems to be no way of making contact with amazon.com...the help buttons of no use...anyone able to enlighten me as to what the hel_l is going on...for many of us amazon is an important resource and now I feel as though I can no longer avail myself of it.... :D Dukkha

Good advice from sbk. I would just add if has only been happening for a short period of time, don't panic - it could be a temporary problem at Amazon's end.

If all else fails, you could alway sign up again with Amazon using another login name.

Peter

:D Thanks Peter, funnily enough I tried a new account and then was told that the book I ordered could not be delivered the countryI specified, being Thailand of course, it was a book of Poetry by a Greek poet from the 20's...yet received one book by an australian friend and a CD of Bette Midler all in the last two months and did not receive such a message as that as both were delivered to Thailand and yes not to press the panic button yet as may be a glitch at amazon end...thanks for reassuring this aussie luddite.... :o Dukkha

:D Thanks Peter, funnily enough I tried a new account and then was told that the book I ordered could not be delivered the countryI specified, being Thailand of course, it was a book of Poetry by a Greek poet from the 20's...yet received one book by an australian friend and a CD of Bette Midler all in the last two months and did not receive such a message as that as both were delivered to Thailand

The only time I've seen that is if they don't like your credit card - mostly because it was issued in Thailand. When you tried to sign up again was it the same card as previously?

and yes not to press the panic button yet as may be a glitch at amazon end...thanks for reassuring this aussie luddite.... :o Dukkha

I have very good friend that uses that word 'Luddite' regularly - now I think I will have to look up the meaning!

:D

Peter

:o Peter...it means someone who does not have a clue about technology or anything much more advanced than the invention of the wheel...thanks to all for your support, i used a new e.mail address and got a new password and EUREKA the order went through...it is the same credit card I used on previous occaisons...those tricky gremlins in cyber space eh..but am so relieved for to have not had access to amazon would have been a great void in my ex pat life here...so Mods guess you can happily shut this thread and make way for something more interesting...kop khun krup :D Dukkha