2009 Yamaha Dragstar 1100 vs 2015 Yamaha Bolt 900

dagling

Have been thinking about a new bolt to 465.000, - A friend wants to sell a Yamaha Drag Star 1100 2009 model 40,000 km on the clock. He demands 320.000, - Greenbook and insurance. The bike is well maintained and has all services and original.

The price of the Drag Star seems reasonable enough.

Bolt is an urban cruiser, but I do not know how it will work on longer trips. Bolt seems a bit small, so I am in doubt whether this is the bike for me. Will borrow a bolt from a friend a little while on Wednesday.

I previously owned a pair of Yamaha Road Star, a 1600 and a 1700.

Any thoughts on this?

post-84957-0-51094800-1409582775_thumb.j

post-84957-0-29482100-1409582806_thumb.j

yep, i bought a bolt about 5 months ago and i leave it in perth, Australia as a run around vehicle, i spend 10 days a month in perth.

the bolt seems small however it is very deceptive, i am 1.9 meters tall, about 6'4" for the old timers and @ 115 kg's , 18 stone or @ 250 lb for the yanks and i fit on it quite comfortably , i took of the pillion seat and run it as a solo, same as the one in the picture above.

however the bolt has a small tank and this limits the range too about 200km's max, which would not be a problem in Thailand as there seems to be a fuel station every 500 meters.

i have done a few reasonable trips on the bolt the longest being @ 400 km's in a day, and i had no trouble with it at all, she will sit comfortably on 120 kph and have pushed her to well over that, it just gets very blowy at those speeds and i have found 100-110 kph suits me just fine.

i am seriously thinking of buying a bolt in Thailand as i am now big bike less, the xjr finally sold, but i am worried about the boy stealing it.

i cannot fault the bolt especially at that price.

rob

• Like 1