Retirement extension to Work Permit

Unexpectedly, I may be offered a 1 year renewable contract for an international company, based in Bangkok.

I retired early, and have just gotten my 7th consecutive retirement extension, and have never previosly worked in Thailand.

Anybody with experience of this or similar scenario? Essentially, what are the steps necessary to cancel the retirement extension, and to replace it with a work permit.

A work permit will not replace your extension based upon retirement. The first thing may be tourist visa or a visa exempt entry or a non-b visa.

If the work permit office will accept an application for the work permit with a the retirement extension you would be able to apply for a non-b visa at a nearby embassy or consulate. Then once you have the non-b visa your work permit would be issued and you could then apply for an extension of stay based upon working.

If the work permit office will not accept the application you will have to go out for a tourist visa to apply for the work permit, Some work permit office will accept an application with 30 day visa exempt entry also. Then you would have to go out for the non-b visa.

• Like 1