Anyone has an idea on homeless skinny Swiss guy in South Pattaya?

konying

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have informed the Swiss Embassy about this thread.

I do not know if you joking or not, but really would not hurt to be little compassionatethumbsup.gif

He is NOT an alcoholic, he is not a destitute but as i said, appears to be mentally ill.

He does not beg or ask for money, just walks around day and night.

If you are genuine and you are Swiss, you could call Swiss embassy, ask to speak to Swiss ambassador or someone Swiss and ask if they could or willing to help.

I do not know if you joking or not, but really would not hurt to be little compassionatethumbsup.gif

He is NOT an alcoholic, he is not a destitute but as i said, appears to be mentally ill.

If you are genuine and you are Swiss, you could call Swiss embassy, ask to speak to Swiss ambassador or someone Swiss and ask if they could or willing to help.

No joke.

I have really informed the Swiss embassy.

I'm not sure if they will want to do anything, because we don't even know if the guy is really Swiss.

Also, the most common stance of Embassies nowadays is to not assist their citizens abroad - I don't know though what they are supposed to do incase said citizen is mentally impaired.

Maybe they can ask someone to investigate.

But I have informed them, let's see what happens.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

I had a similar experience with a Norwegian guy in Bangkok, all in all he just didn't want to go home and didn't mine sleeping on the streets, even after been helped and after he received his benefits from his country he was back sleeping on the streets, I believe he was arrested and deported as he was sleeping outside one of the shopping centers where they were feeding him till he overstayed his welcome.

Edited by Killian30

Konying,

I admire you for your charity...but as you said, he needs help, but I'm not sure what form of help is needed? If the Thai authorities detain him, what would his future be?

Exactly why i do not want Thai authorities to get involved.

I believe he needs to be flown back home and/or medically evaluated.

May be the "craziness" was a result of loss of everything.

I really do not know. but living on the streets in Thailand is not exactly a place for someone in his state.

May be someone knows him or of him, may be someone who speaks german sees him and can get more sense of what his deal is.

Just trying to help fellow foreigner, as no one seems to care.

• Like 2

Konying,

I admire you for your charity...but as you said, he needs help, but I'm not sure what form of help is needed? If the Thai authorities detain him, what would his future be?

I really do not know. but living on the streets in Thailand is not exactly a place for someone in his state.

May be someone knows him or of him, may be someone who speaks german sees him and can get more sense of what his deal is.

why don't you try to know for sure his name and nationality ?

I had a similar experience with a Norwegian guy in Bangkok, all in all he just didn't want to go home and didn't mine sleeping on the streets, even after been helped and after he received his benefits for his country he was back sleeping on the streets, I believe he was arrested and deported as he was sleeping outside one of the shopping centers where they were feeding him till he overstayed his welcome.

May well be the case with this guy, but better to have tried to help than to do nothing.wai2.gif

With this guy, he just talks geeberish and seems to forget what he is talking or what he is doing.

Example today, i asked him if he wanted a coffee, he said, yes

I went to make him one, but he wondered off.

An hour later he wondered back, i asked him again and again he said yes.

I made him one, gave it to him, he fell asleep.

Woke up and forgot all about the coffee and wondered off again.

Just an hour ago, he came back, washed front of my business and wondered off again.

So he definitely has something wrong mentally

Konying,

why don't you try to know for sure his name and nationality ?

Have tried, but incoherent response. not even sure he can speak english, because he talks in 3 languages in the same time. german sounds most fluent.

today he was telling me something about 7-11 and swiss, this is why i arrived at conclusion him being swiss.

No joke.

I have really informed the Swiss embassy.

I'm not sure if they will want to do anything, because we don't even know if the guy is really Swiss.

Also, the most common stance of Embassies nowadays is to not assist their citizens abroad - I don't know though what they are supposed to do incase said citizen is mentally impaired.

Maybe they can ask someone to investigate.

But I have informed them, let's see what happens.

Thank youwai2.gif

If they need more info or contact details, just PM me and and will try to "catch him" or hold him for someone to try to speak with him

I had a similar experience with a Norwegian guy in Bangkok, all in all he just didn't want to go home and didn't mine sleeping on the streets, even after been helped and after he received his benefits for his country he was back sleeping on the streets, I believe he was arrested and deported as he was sleeping outside one of the shopping centers where they were feeding him till he overstayed his welcome.

May well be the case with this guy, but better to have tried to help than to do nothing.wai2.gif

With this guy, he just talks geeberish and seems to forget what he is talking or what he is doing.

Just an hour ago, he came back, washed front of my business and wondered off again.

The same, this guy had similar mental problems, but he just couldn't be helped, the police arrested him and that was the last I seen of him.

He said he had all his belongings stolen and was waiting to get a new passport, but even after a month when he got his new passport he was back on the streets.

Note: One TV member paid for his hotel and help him out with money but in the end the TV member felt used as he kept calling him for money and he never paid him back after getting his benefits. But he did give the Thais that helped him a 1000 baht each while he was still living on the streets.

Edited by Killian30

The same, this guy had similar mental problems, but he just couldn't be helped, the police arrested him and that was the last I seen of him.

He said he had all his belongings stolen and was waiting to get a new passport, but even after a month when he got his new passport he was back on the streets.

Note: One TV member paid for his hotel and help him out with money but in the end the TV member felt used as he kept calling him for money.

Fair enough.

This guy has not asked for any money, he does not even ask for food.

He asked how much for coffee and wanted to pay, but no money in pocket.

One of my staff gave him 20 baht, day after he wanted to pay the same 20 baht for food I gave him.

Really do not know what to make of him , was hoping someone knows him or about him or at least has seen him

Google translate to German works well. Print out a few questions in German of the information you want to know (big print) or surely our german speaking members can post some up. Such as...

Where are you from?

Where do you live?

You want to help?

Sounds like a chap I knew who fried his brains on drugs by the way....

Google translate to German works well. Print out a few questions in German of the information you want to know (big print) or surely our german speaking members can post some up. Such as...

Where are you from?

Where do you live?

You want to help?

Sounds like a chap I knew who fried his brains on drugs by the way....

That's a great idea , the only problem is understanding what he answers :)

A lot of expats I see walking around that look like they could be homeless.. So just saying "homeless guy in south Pattaya" doesn't narrow it down unfortunately.

If you can not tell the difference , not much could be expected

A lot of expats I see walking around that look like they could be homeless.. So just saying "homeless guy in south Pattaya" doesn't narrow it down unfortunately.

There are quite a lot of homeless expats here and since there is no money in it for the police they mostly choose to ignore them.

I saw an interview with a black American and he said that being poor here is better than home and it it nice to sleep outside under the stars.

I see him on beach road from time to time, white hair and he looks fairly healthy so I don't think he is drinking/taking drugs.

The embassy requests to know his name so they can identify him.

Thats more than I have expected.

What do you expect?

A member from the embassy wandering through South Pattaya on the search for a skinny guy who could be Swiss?

One should better ask/find out whether he is willing to accept help.

The language barrier is in the way too.

I am in Pattaya not before Sep 18.

I will follow the thread.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Wie ist dein Name? (what is your name)

Bist du Schweizer? (are you Swiss)

Brauchst du Hilfe? (do you need help)

And should i record his answers in german and post to translate it?

Keep in mind, as i said he talks geeberish non stop, so even if he responded to the question, i would not know in which part of the geeberish.

But will try again and again, hopefully will get somewhere

Keep in mind, as i said he talks geeberish non stop, so even if he responded to the question, i would not know in which part of the geeberish.

Konying

First, great thing you try to help a foreigner, kudos to you.

Second: Since you suspect this man could be Swiss: how about you go to one of the many Swiss places (i.e. Swiss bar on Beach Road / Chalet Suisse on 1/17-18 Moo 10 Central Pattaya Road / Swiss Food Restaurant and Hotel on Soi Diamond / Brunos on Thapparaya) and check whether you find a Swiss / German ex-pat who would be willing to come with you and check this guy out? That might be the fastest do see where he comes from. Since I am not back in Thailand for some time, can't help myself.

Regards Swiss1960

• Like 1

Konying

First, great thing you try to help a foreigner, kudos to you.

Second: Since you suspect this man could be Swiss: how about you go to one of the many Swiss places (i.e. Swiss bar on Beach Road / Chalet Suisse on 1/17-18 Moo 10 Central Pattaya Road / Swiss Food Restaurant and Hotel on Soi Diamond / Brunos on Thapparaya) and check whether you find a Swiss / German ex-pat who would be willing to come with you and check this guy out? That might be the fastest do see where he comes from. Since I am not back in Thailand for some time, can't help myself.

Regards Swiss1960

Good tip, cheers.

I did think of it, the problem is i do not know where to find him, or when he will come around.

Will first try to catch him and try again with name and origins.