buy thai gold in uk ? what is the price etc and is it safe ?

dirtycash

wifey wants gold whistling.gif ok i cave in , so its 5 baht. she has a supplier on facebook doing 1 baht for £440 x 5 = £2200. i have asked wife how can she guarantee its genuine gold etc. how she can tell and what protection does she have for delivery etc etc etc.

maybe wait untill next time im in thailand or what do you guys think.

then comes the question ......will this gold lose value in years to come , she allready has around 20 baht sitting gathering dust. aurely there is another more profitable way to spoil them ?

thanks

Gold is gold. It doesn't have a nationality like English or Thai.

24k would be pure gold. 22k, 18k, 9 karat is just a mixture rating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carat_(purity)

As for how its going to be gold that she actually buys? Tough to say. She should buy from a credible source.(In Thailand? lolz). And buy something worth buying. Typically I recommend getting a coin that has the purity and stamp right on it. Thai seem to like getting gold necklaces.

Girlfriends father was concerned about the quality of a Canadian Maple I had when I was over there a few years ago. Didn't think the color was right. I'm pretty confident that it measures and weighs the right amount.

Most coins have a specific weight and diameter that can be easily checked. Some have something really small on them you need a special eyeglass to see...

Thais typically have the ability trade gold when they go to a new country.

Meaning, it's not that hard to find one 'supplier' within the Thai Community.

As for your statement about your wife and her current gold holdings ...

"she allready has around 20 baht sitting gathering dust" ... dizzy-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

Say no.

Just a heads up ... the same poster also penned ... "i am married to thai national but we are seperated." ... just a month ago. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/747126-what-way-to-prove-40000-income-per-month-to-bank-in-thailand/

hmmmm me and wife are sperated, she lives in uk.

Plus this gem ... sometimes-i-do-not-understand-these-people-loss-of-face-and-status-in-village

Interesting ... coffee1.gif

• Like 1