Retirement visa for my mum using my funds question.

Hi. I want get mum to retire in thailand sometime soon.

She dont have 800k

But I do.

I got all my money in thai bank. Baths

I wonder if that would be possible if i open bank acc here for her and put 800k for 2 months?

Then is it bank book enough?

Or founds got to be strictly transfered from abroad.

Mum will quit her job when she comes so no income..

Is it any chance of it?

Thx

Proof of funds coming from abroad is only needed if she does a conversion from a tourist visa or exempt entry to non immigrant visa entry.

If she comes in on a non-o visa and then applies for the extension it will not be a problem.

Proof of funds coming from abroad is only needed if she does a conversion from a tourist visa or exempt entry to non immigrant visa entry.

If she comes in on a non-o visa and then applies for the extension it will not be a problem.

what she need to get non o in home country apart her age?

Hi Mataleo,

You are on ED visa right? Ubonjoe told me before that with the ED visa you can get your mum as a family visit visa maybe that could be the right path to follow right now, while you check other options for you and your family.

probably after 1 year the visa situation calm down again and no more on the fly rules.

• Like 1

It would depend upon where she is at. If there is a honorary Thai consulate she could easily get one based upon her age.

If you are on any extension of stay she could easily get one to visit you. She would need copies of your passport photo page, extension stamp and your birth certificate.

It would depend upon where she is at. If there is a honorary Thai consulate she could easily get one based upon her age.

If you are on any extension of stay she could easily get one to visit you. She would need copies of your passport photo page, extension stamp and your birth certificate.

She is in Poland.

I would have to check what kind of consulate is in Warsaw. No idea.

I think there is only the embassy in Warsaw. She can apply for the non-o there to visit family if you are on an extension.

On polish site it says they want 800k. To get non o

Is it possible to get it in laos? Or only in country of residence cuz thats what it says there..

Would she gets non o if i got ED? Then come here and then try change it to retirement visa/extension?

Thx

http://www.thaiembassy.pl/?non-immigrant-visa-o-a-(long-stay),75

Edited by mataleo

I think there is only the embassy in Warsaw. She can apply for the non-o there to visit family if you are on an extension.

Is it possible to get it in laos? Or only in country of residence cuz thats what it says there..

Would she gets non o if i got ED? Then come here and then try change it to retirement visa/extension?

Thx

That is about Non-imm 'O-A', not "O"

Consulates do not publish all the possible cases. Your mom would be applying for single-entry non-imm based on you having an extension of stay.

Anyway for her to get an extension of stay for retirement it's enough to arrive on tourist visa, or visa exempt, then obtain the non-imm visa at immigration by conversion, and the extension possibly at the same time.

Thx

That is about Non-imm 'O-A', not "O"

Consulates do not publish all the possible cases. Your mom would be applying for single-entry non-imm based on you having an extension of stay.

Anyway for her to get an extension of stay for retirement it's enough to arrive on tourist visa, or visa exempt, then obtain the non-imm visa at immigration by conversion, and the extension possibly at the same time.

Ok.

Local immigration do change visa statuses.?

Thx a lot.

Its bit complicated and I got 0 experience with retirement visas...

It would be best to come in on the non-o. It should be just as easy to get the non-o as getting a tourist visa.

Just scan your passport pages with the extension stamp and email it to her and be sure she has your birth certificate.

• Like 1