IRA suspects to lose immunity from prosecution

webfact

Fair enough and I agree with everything you said - sorry for being critical of your choice of words but there is a huge difference in the meaning of struggle and terrorist campaign

It's why I put "struggles" in inverted commas, because we both know it had nothing to do with any struggle.

Did it not start as a struggle and later (like all civil wars) turn into crime / terrorism?

And surely the reopening of criminal cases applies to all invoved parties?

It did, but as with any of these "struggles" it became money grabbing gangsterism, much like ISIS will turn out to be.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh why oh why now? Why on top of all the other problems being faced do we have to kick this off again?

Its not finished yet, and I hope they get all of the Thugs YES the Thugs that were,and still are involved, I lost many mates,in NI and had a bad time.

We also had our band blown up in Regents Park

WE want all of them,every last one. Period

^^ I know exactly what went on and how it worked. I lived and worked in NI during the troubles. I should have used the term IRA "troubles" related crimes.

Gangsters, yes they were/are, all of them. But at the same time many beneath them were fooled into thinking it was something other than just money, it was a fight for freedom in their eyes. The last thing we need right now is a return to the "troubles" and this is what is likely to stir it up,

I regret I have an axe to grind, But it seems that most do not understand what went on the NI If you take the time to read my attachment,you will see how the

Thugs carried out thier work. This is an example of our day to day work peace keeping in Belfast http://www.royalgreenjackets.co.uk/rgjra_live/frontend/boards.asp?mode=view&postid=92&type=News`

He was a great Lad,

Would you include the "Thugs" in the below video. Do you think they should also be prosecuted. Should every last one of them be tracked down and prosecuted. All of them, every last one.

I'm sure you will accept, that the events in the below clip led to the escalation of the troubles and as a consequence of the actions of these soldiers, your friends and many others lost their lives.

• Like 1

Maybe they have done this because they need somewhere to barrack all the soldiers and Army from Scotland when they declare independence in 2 weeks and the only place left is all the old army accommodation in the province. So, cause some trouble, raise the security threat, move in the soldiers wink.png

Edited by GentlemanJim

Maybe they have done this because they need somewhere to barrack all the soldiers and Army from Scotland when they declare independence in 2 weeks and the only place left is all the old army accommodation in the province. So, cause some trouble, raise the security threat, move in the soldiers wink.png

ha that's a joke- independent Scotland and they still want the sterling, haven't got the stones to really go it alone

Never, ever trust bureaucrats or governments to keep their agreements or word. Even if it is in writing. The number of treaties and agreements unilaterally broken by both the UK and the USA alone over the years runs into the thousands why would we expect this to be any different?

• Like 1

there is pure evil in this world to the extent that sometimes I wish I wasn't human, we have fanatical muslims that think it's cool to behead someone and take a video, we have "other terrorist" organisations that think it's cool to place a bomb and blow up innocent people in the name of ....what - and make no mistake your deeds are evil - I have seen IRA and UVF money spent on big hotels and other similar type business - they were rolling in it, but you know what - deep inside themselves they can't live with it, those that continue "the cause" cannot face the truth so they hang onto some sort of flawed moral justification for what they have done and continue to do - the truth is they cannot live with it - they have got to keep it alive in their heads to justify the evil they did - all for what.....greed power and money...........united Ireland ? who honestly gives a (shit) and it wouldn't be united anything

all in the name of "the cause" while they were filling their bank accounts with money from their evil deeds I was picking up the remains of women and children on the street blown apart for "the cause"

I have met a few so called hard line terrorists from Ireland from both sides and some of them are very troubled people

Well said, All in a nutshell

................the sordid history of the Island................

I would call the history 'colourful' and 'very interesting'.

What would you call it if you'd had a loved one blown to bits?

Lived in Belfast for 30 years. Seen it all. No, haven't had a loved one blown to bits, but have had friends shot.

Colourful and very interesting.

Am not going to get dragged into a sectarian fight.

• Like 1

Lived in Belfast for 30 years. Seen it all. No, haven't had a loved one blown to bits, but have had friends shot.

- Colourful and very interesting ? just like yourself right ?

I call it dark and evil and you are very disturbing

In all my time on TVF I have 1 member on my ignore list, now I have 2

Bye

• Like 2

- Colourful and very interesting ? just like yourself right ?

I call it dark and evil and you are very disturbing

In all my time on TVF I have 1 member on my ignore list, now I have 2

Bye

Excellent.

Byeeeeeeeeeee402.gif

there is pure evil in this world to the extent that sometimes I wish I wasn't human, we have fanatical muslims that think it's cool to behead someone and take a video, we have "other terrorist" organisations that think it's cool to place a bomb and blow up innocent people in the name of ....what - and make no mistake your deeds are evil - I have seen IRA and UVF money spent on big hotels and other similar type business - they were rolling in it, but you know what - deep inside themselves they can't live with it, those that continue "the cause" cannot face the truth so they hang onto some sort of flawed moral justification for what they have done and continue to do - the truth is they cannot live with it - they have got to keep it alive in their heads to justify the evil they did - all for what.....greed power and money...........united Ireland ? who honestly gives a (shit) and it wouldn't be united anything

all in the name of "the cause" while they were filling their bank accounts with money from their evil deeds I was picking up the remains of women and children on the street blown apart for "the cause"

I have met a few so called hard line terrorists from Ireland from both sides and some of them are very troubled people

Then you have countries who believe that just because their soldiers wear a uniform if gives them a licence to murder

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Oh why oh why now? Why on top of all the other problems being faced do we have to kick this off again?

Victims families want justice, The fools should have kept there gobs shut, instead of those Boston interviews they gave that were to be released on their deaths. Some of them have died now, and implicated their mates.