Alcohol promotion laws being enforced?

Chiengmaijoe

What about beer promotions and Happy Hours? I wonder how they determine a beer promotion as regards to price. If a bar was selling 4 for 200b beers, can they now sell them for 50b each?

When they were having a crackdown a year or so ago a bar owner told me how he was told that he couldn't use the company supplied beer cooler (condom). The owner held up a beer in a condom, which had a printed design exactly the same as the bottle label, and said 'this no, then removed the condom to reveal a bottle with the label showing, and said 'this yes'.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

Yes. All reference to beer company names blanked out at Big C. Hang Dong Rd today. Toni from Yummy Pizza ( best night out in town) also has taped over things like beer names on glasses to be on the safe side.

I know Pedr at the Olde Bell did the taping over the logo on the glass routine, but it looks stupid. These days, with so many imported beers available and each with a specific shape of glass it isn't very practical or desirable to put every beer in a regular glass. A good Belgian beer looks much better in it's own glass. I wonder what they'll do at Beer Republic?

• Like 1

perhaps 6 weeks ago,went for a late lunch time graze at the hot chilli(walking street.2.15pm)

as i have been out for a hard gallop,i was dry as a bone,and immediately ordered a lge heineken

to my complete surprise, the waiter said sorry sir,and showed a plastic card saying

no alcohol sold between 2.pm and 5 pm

i just gave a shake of my head ,and a flashing smile,and immediately went to another graze,just around the corner,and was served a heinken lge

at the time my initial thoughts were the jaunta,or perhaps too many wats in the area

as i have been going to the hot chilli for at least 10 yrs ,this was a first up application of the dumb law, i have received,(restaruant)

or anywhere for that matter

the owner ( lovely air) is definately not the type of thai, to rigidly apply such a draconian law , unless it was laced by the heavies,to do so

there we go..cannot get served at one place , but pop around the corner to another,and get served,

thats life here ,i just get on with it ,with a flashing smile(most times that is)

a very nice morning to all,smile.png can hear the birds singing in the booniesbiggrin.png

perhaps 6 weeks ago,went for a late lunch time graze at the hot chilli(walking street.2.15pm)

as i have been out for a hard gallop,i was dry as a bone,and immediately ordered a lge heineken

to my complete surprise, the waiter said sorry sir,and showed a plastic card saying

no alcohol sold between 2.pm and 5 pm

i just gave a shake of my head ,and a flashing smile,and immediately went to another graze,just around the corner,and was served a heinken lge

at the time my initial thoughts were the jaunta,or perhaps too many wats in the area

as i have been going to the hot chilli for at least 10 yrs ,this was a first up application of the dumb law, i have received,(restaruant)

or anywhere for that matter

the owner ( lovely air) is definately not the type of thai, to rigidly apply such a draconian law , unless it was laced by the heavies,to do so

there we go..cannot get served at one place , but pop around the corner to another,and get served,

thats life here ,i just get on with it ,with a flashing smile(most times that is)

a very nice morning to all,smile.png can hear the birds singing in the booniesbiggrin.png

A desperate man can always find a drink.biggrin.png

I promoed on Tuesday night. Ashtray had logo, girl in Singha dress, 100 empty vodka bottles on display. As of last night; the place next door had placards on every table listing the promos, and was open until at least 2am. There were trying to tell me two years ago in Udon, that happy hours had been outlawed....specifically the 3 for xxx signs....there were plenty of promos in KK.

Edited by Thighlander

I promoed on Tuesday night. Ashtray had logo, girl in Singha dress, 100 empty vodka bottles on display, and a Leo ashtray. As of last night; the place next door had placards on every table listing the promos, and was open until at least 2am. There were trying to tell me two years ago in Udon, that happy hours had been outlawed....specifically the 3 for xxx signs....there were plenty of promos in KK.

Please can you let us know where your place is located SO WE CAN AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE

I promoed on Tuesday night. Ashtray had logo, girl in Singha dress, 100 empty vodka bottles on display, and a Leo ashtray. As of last night; the place next door had placards on every table listing the promos, and was open until at least 2am. There were trying to tell me two years ago in Udon, that happy hours had been outlawed....specifically the 3 for xxx signs....there were plenty of promos in KK.

Please can you let us know where your place is located SO WE CAN AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE

They don't have "Men's Night," so I doubt it would be of any interest to you.

• Like 1

You may wish to avoid the city of Bangkok, if that's of concern to you. I just got back from four days in the Big Mango and nearly every place I passed by or had a drink in still had sandwich board advertisements for Happy Hour, logos on glasses and ashtrays, etc. Can't recall if I saw any 'beer girls' but it sure looked like business as usual in Bangkok. Edited by Diplomatico

You may wish to avoid the city of Bangkok, if that's of concern to you. I just got back from four days in the Big Mango and nearly every place I passed by or had a drink in still had sandwich board advertisements for Happy Hour, logos on glasses and ashtrays, etc. Can't recall if I saw any 'beer girls' but it sure looked like business as usual in Bangkok.
they have closed all them caravan type roadside drinking bars in soi 11 sukimfit though,use to be great to be able to get a drink and meal till 3or 4 in the morning.