Thirty-five Lao super models reach final round

webfact

Thirty-five Lao super models reach final round

9-4-2014-11-14-36-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thirty-five Lao models have been selected for the final round of the first Lao Super Model Contest 2014, which will be held next month, reported Lao News Agency.

The contestants were qualified in the first round of qualification which drew more than 100 applicants nationwide. The first round was held in Vientiane last Saturday.

The models who passed the first round include ten males, 20 females and five children and they will be on the final stage to be held at the Lao International Trade Exhibition and Convention Centre in Vientiane.

The event is cooperation between Vientiane Information, Culture and Tourism Department, KHB Drama Company and LT Company.

Head of Vientiane Information, Culture and Tourism Department, MsVanphengKeonakhone, said that Lao Super Model Contest 2014 is a stage to promote Laos forward to the era of the modernization and civilization in order to prepare for ASEAN Economic Community integration 2015.

Thirty million kip in cash with a diamond crown worth 25 million kip is the prize for the winner of female super model and male supermodel winner will be awarded 20 million kip in cash and lovely male and female children will receive 10 million kip each. In addition, the winners will be representatives of Laos to attend the Asian Supermodel Contest that will be held in China next year.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thirty-five-lao-super-models-reach-final-round/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-04

35 million kip? That's about $6.75 at today's rate isn't it?

I know that you were joking, but for those who want to know, it's actually about 136000 THB or 4250 USD or 3230 EUR or 2580 GBP at today's rate.

• Like 1

I know that you were joking, but for those who want to know, it's actually about 136000 THB or 4250 USD or 3230 EUR or 2580 GBP at today's rate.

According to OANDA online currency converter it's nearer 117,000 THB.

Seems that YOU have to check it again (with the correct amounts, preferably)!

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

post-91253-0-62076400-1409832733_thumb.j

attachicon.gif35Mkip.jpg

attachicon.gif35Mkip.jpg

Hmmm... you're right.

Sorry, I was thinking of the 30 million kip.

Senility strikes again.

not infrequently models / women at such shows are not necessarily the best looking but often the best "connected" influential families. have seen this in thailand, laos and south america. usually you can see better looking girls in shopping malls or supermarkets, etc etc