Briton makes false robbery report seeking insurance claim - Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2015 and half of the posts here are "he's not WHITE, how can he be British?". Yet the same person with a US passport would not be challenged, shows how far ahead the former colony is with respect to integration despite all the overt and covert racism going on there - if you're black in the US, you're hated because you're a black US citizen. In the UK, they still hate you because you're coloured AND question your right to citizenship at the same time.

Weird stuff to read from a country which used to have a mission to bring civilisation to the World.

I'm amazed by the comments - "Brings disgrace to British" "this is what British look like now" "more Brit crime tarnishing Pattaya" "it's a sad day for Brits" Are people that insecure? One British guy (if he is British) tries it on with an insurance scam and the rest of British society is doomed! The lady getting her head hacked off in North London was a sad day for Brits.. Tony Blair being awarded being awarded Philanthropist of the year is a sad day for everybody. Why do people feel this insurance scam person reflects on them? It's not like he was arms or people trafficking or something equally vile and if he was, it was him and not you. Get over yourselves.

• Like 2

This action is nothing short of theft. Insurance premiums go higher because of actions like this therefore affecting many honest people, pre-meditated theft. People hate insurance when they argue about paying out claims but then from the insurance company's point of view they have to deal with criminals like him. I wonder if he will go to jail. He clearly thought the Thai Police were idiots and would not make any checks. Well done Police for catching him. Put him in jail for the full six months.

Up to 6 months for a false crime report? Good to know. Better not to call the Police. Even in a emergency situation. Who knows...they could it interpret as a false report.

Why they not report him to his insurance, charge him with a hefty money fine for his attempt and let him go? If he isn't able to pay the fine, confiscate the alleged stolen items. Case closed.

No he should go to jail as insurance companies already don't trust these scams in Thailand from forangs scamming them

This effects all of us Brits and pushes our insurance up

Now he has made the paper make an example out of him.

Silly idiot should not have got caught

His choice if he cannot do the time should not do the crime

Risk assessment is that he could have made some small money but at very high risk

He failed and should pay the price

I get allot of problems from insurance companies and banks due to the amount of fraud out here

Now he is in the paper send a message back home

If any insurance company tells you that crooks force them to charge higher premiums, then they are liars. They will keep putting their premiums up, and charging as much as they can get away with whether they are scammed by insurance crooks or not. Insurance crooks do not push up premiums, it's the capitalist insurance companies that do that, and that means them all.

Silly sausage.. Should know better at his age, but like many UK scammers and benefit fraudsters (the chances are reasonable he is also one), he's probably got away with this thing for far too long.

How can they be stopped? IMO, they need to throw the book at him and give him the maximum 6 month sentence.

Maybe that will deter him from dishonesty in future..

I'm not sticking up for this guy, but insurance companies are among the biggest crooks of the lot.

• Like 2

Unfortunately this is what British people look like now. Give him the full six months.

its not just British the same toe rags are everywhere KINDLY ADDRESSthis remark

A man who doesn't appreciate irony. He is not of Anglo-Saxon or Celtic descent obviously.

However I wouldn't be surprised if he was claiming unemployment, housing allowance and a myriad of other benefits from the UK to fund his International Scamfest.

It's not a British thing, at all. In Copenhagen at Kastrup airport, the authorities frequently raid departing charter flights and check to see who's going on vacation and collecting social welfare benefits. It's not only the people with immigrant backgrounds who do it. It's a very popular way to fund a vacation, as is insurance fraud. It makes me sick.

The thieving insurance companies make me sick also.

Well done to the police a crime nipped in the bud, after he serves his prison term make sure his passport is stamped Not Welcome back ever, cheap skate trying for a freebee holiday from his insurance hope they get to know he was caught trying for a fraudulent claim in Thailand, theses nasty foreigners [ Brits ]teaching our sweet innocent children bad habits again ban the lot of them,

This is hardly the crime of the century, a regular fine and perhaps a missed flight home (which will cost a lot more than any fine) will be more than enough to deter most people.

What I really hate is when I read that the foreigner gets the maximum sentence almost by default whereas I suspect a Thai would never get the same sentence.

Does anyone actually know who the Judges are in Thailand ?

You didn't read it correctly...it states what the maximum penalty is not that he was given the maximum of 6 months. He'll more than likely have to pay a fine, spend a night or two in jail just to scare him, the authorities will let the insurance know, blacklist him for a period of time and deport him.

For anyone else wanting to file false reports make sure the crime location has no cctv and you store your "stolen items"at a mates place until the dust settles.

Yeez, you just gave away important information how to commit a crime. clap2.gifwhistling.gif

As if someone with even half a brain would need to be told this kind of information....whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Unfortunately this is what British people look like now. Give him the full six months.

The Police couldn't understand what he was talking about. Something about curry?

Okay, we get it. You don't like his ethnicity.

i know loads of British people from different backgrounds. Some have great grandfathers from India or Pakistan, some have French heritage, I'm from Irish myself a few generations back, I know people who have Dutch history, Polish. On behalf of us all I'd like to apologise for polluting your pure British gene pool and would like to know when it would be okay for us to consider ourselves British.

• Like 1

Up to 6 months for a false crime report? Good to know. Better not to call the Police. Even in a emergency situation. Who knows...they could it interpret as a false report.

Why they not report him to his insurance, charge him with a hefty money fine for his attempt and let him go? If he isn't able to pay the fine, confiscate the alleged stolen items. Case closed.

No he should go to jail as insurance companies already don't trust these scams in Thailand from forangs scamming them

Risk assessment is that he could have made some small money but at very high risk

I get allot of problems from insurance companies and banks due to the amount of fraud out here

If any insurance company tells you that crooks force them to charge higher premiums, then they are liars. They will keep putting their premiums up, and charging as much as they can get away with whether they are scammed by insurance crooks or not. Insurance crooks do not push up premiums, it's the capitalist insurance companies that do that, and that means them all.

Doesn't matter really

He did wrong and got caught so has to pay the price

How can u sympathise with him

He is a crook, he got caught and should go directly to jail

He is just a greedy crook who just wanted to extend his holiday probably

I have no sympathy for him as it was a stupid crime of greed. Not thought out no well planned hence sloppy work in this nature deserves punishing

• Like 2

Doesn't matter really

He did wrong and got caught so has to pay the price

How can u sympathise with him

He is a crook, he got caught and should go directly to jail

He is just a greedy crook who just wanted to extend his holiday probably

I have no sympathy for him as it was a stupid crime of greed. Not thought out no well planned hence sloppy work in this nature deserves punishing

Thing is if he went out he could work and make more than 100 k in a 6 month job which is the amount of time he is should go to prison for

That's should teach him a lessson

Silly sausage.. Should know better at his age, but like many UK scammers and benefit fraudsters (the chances are reasonable he is also one), he's probably got away with this thing for far too long.

How can they be stopped? IMO, they need to throw the book at him and give him the maximum 6 month sentence.

I'm not sticking up for this guy, but insurance companies are among the biggest crooks of the lot.

If that's the case then why are people trying to scam then

It defeats the point if trying to scam a company that does not pay out

They won't pay out if they can get away with it, but there are times when they have to. They try to scam people with their jargon and small print.

• Like 1

Whoops my phone playing up made the same post 3 times

I know insurance companies can be an absolute nightmare at times which is why people hire insurance brokers

Not all are borderline criminal just like not all the clients are

Not saying these insurance companies are right as I know they are dams right wrong

Remember swings and roundabouts

The print is there to protect them from allot of scams and loop holes that some criminals spend hours looking for loop wholes in the contracts so it's a game of cat and mouse

Most insurance policies will only pay out for aggravated robbery (mugging) or burglary (breaking and entering).

It's no good telling the insurance company you brought a companion back to your room and when you woke up everything was gone.

They worked that one out a long time ago.

Most insurance policies will only pay out for aggravated robbery (mugging) or burglary (breaking and entering).

It's no good telling the insurance company you brought a companion back to your room and when you woke up everything was gone.

They worked that one out a long time ago.

When the iPhone 3? came out in northern Europe the insurers announced they would not be paying out cash settlements, only replacing units with rebuilt refurbished ones. This announcement dramatically reduced iPhone thefts.

• Like 1