Bangkok, Chidlom Area.

Garydag

No, you will find it difficult to find decent accommodations with this kind of budget at Chit Lom. This is part of the downtown central business area.

Also, this area us usually ground zero for protests and political activity in Thailand. I would suggest looking elsewhere for your accommodations.

A few stations away on the Skytrain to Soi Ari would be a place to start. You will find places in your price range there.

Edited by bino
  • Like 1

The room has to be not to far from Central Shopping Centre, i have looked at Suan Luang on the net and the rents are good, how far is that from the Central Shopping Centre.

Thank you for your replies upto now ..

Even this one ,,Oh dear.....LOL.

Edited by Garydag

The room has to be not to far from Central Shopping Centre, i have looked at Suan Luang on the net and the rents are good, how far is that from the Central Shopping Centre.

Thank you for your replies upto now ..

Even this one ,,Oh dear.....LOL.

Handy for shoplifting expeditions?

I am not sure which "Central Shopping Centre" you are referring to. There are many in this area. Central World, Central Embassy, Central Chitlom. There is practically one on each block of this area.

This area is arguably the most expensive stretch of real eatate in Bangkok. anything within minutes walking distance is not going to be cheap.

RGS suggested Pratunam, which could be your happy hunting ground. It could be walked in about 20-30 mins, but would not be fun on a hot day or a rainy day. (Bangkok does not have many in-between days!) Also, the traffic in this area is amongst the worst in Bangkok.

If your plan is to work at "Central Shopping Centre" and walk to work, imagine this: Walking to 20-30 mins to work on a 34 C morning through a gridlock of cars, buses, tuktuks and motorcycles, all belching out pollution, soot and heat. You will be a sweaty stinking mess when you arrive to start working.

^^^^^, I should have been more specific, at least you picked up on it.

Yes you are correct, plenty of places on Petchaburi Rd.

I was thinking more of at the back of Big C almost opposite Central World.

They all have names such as, Mansion, Residence or Apartment.