Vegetarian friendly Thai restaurants mid Sukhumvit?

JuliaB

I'm vegetarian, most of my friends are not, especially the Thai's. I not hardcore vegan, just don't eat beef, pork, chicken, seafood, etc. I can live with a little fish sauce. So I am looking for restaurants that have vegetarian options ON THE MENU. I don't want to ask for something special or have the hassle of trying to explain myself.

Thanks for any suggestions, and yes I know about May Veggie Home. Great for me and good for the carnivores but I can't take them there every time.

If you can eat Fish sauce , Oyster Sauce, you will be fine in any Thai Restaurant as they will have a few options, which will consist

Of a Vegetables or Noodles or Tofu....

Just explain to one of your Thai friends, and they can speak to the Waitress at the Restaurant...

I am Strict Vegetarian which as you know means no Oyster/Fish sauce, and I can always find something on the menu...

Best of luck and hope you get something nice to eat..

Next time you are out and about yourself, try Khun Churns which is beside Ekami BTS.. It's excellent.

Anyone eaten at Puangkaew on Sukhumvit Soi 23. I saw this place coming home from yoga today. Looks nice, I looked at the menu on the stand outside the door and was surprised to see a whole page of Veg. options. Anyone eaten there? Veg or non veg?. I didn't have time to stop and it was 10:45 in the morning.

My first ever night in Bangkok these girls took me to this one restaurant not far from soi nana and everything was vegetarian. It wasn't just tofu and vegetables though they had these mock meat type dishes and many different types too. Sadly I didn't get a note of the name and I never could find it again.