Prachuap Khiri Khan, Kui Buri anyone know the area?

schweizer

Thanks but as I said I Googled it and have seen this and a few other things, but I am interested in the area from the expat viewpoint, knowing how old the city is and how many admin divisions there are is useful but not enough.

I am currently out of Thailand and cannot return for a month so am looking for someone who knows the area, obviously I will visit when I return but i was under the impression that forums like these were used to gain useful local knowledge from experienced members, not be told go look for yourself, I am sure you mean well, but have you never asked someones opinion?

Edited by schweizer

Prachuap Khiri Khan is just south of Hua Hin,so surely this topic should be on the Hua Hin-Cha-am forum ??

Prachuap Kiri Khan does have some nice beaches south of the town,notably Ao Manao which is very scenic.About 10 kilometres further south is Hat Wa Kaw which is a quiet beach but very clean.

North of the town is Ao Noi which is a small fishing village with a few quiet beaches dotted around.

As regards the town of Prachuap Kiri Khan,it is ringed by the 8 kilometre bay of Ao Krachuap.Not he best for swimming but there is a promenade you can stroll along close to the town centre.

Not sure what its like living there.....the guys on the Hua Hin- Cha-am forum should be able to help you though.

Well a bit confusing here. Chumpon is part of Prachuap . Chumpon falls under Southern Thailand forum.

Must admit it's a tricky one as to where to place this topic. As it happens Prachuap is the next province up from Chumphon. Must admit that this topic is much more geographically closer to Hua Hin/Cha-am forum in Petchaburi Province.

700px-Thailand_provinces_en.svg.png

To the OP, I have some of my wife's family in this area and we have looked around much of the beach areas in Prachuap. The beach/sea is is only 7 kilometers from Kuriburi city. Caters almost exclusively to Thai families and amenities are few and far between, other than Thai style eateries.

The more interesting beach/fishing villages are about a 20/30 kilometers drive south or north of Kuriburi.

thanks for the answers, I presumed from the lack of information on Google that it is a little quiet and when I can find a new build very nice looking 3 bed house on the beach front for 13 million THB it says to me lack or lack of facilities etc. still its only 40 minutes drive to Hua HIn

thanks for the answers, I presumed from the lack of information on Google that it is a little quiet and when I can find a new build very nice looking 3 bed house on the beach front for 13 million THB it says to me lack or lack of facilities etc. still its only 40 minutes drive to Hua HIn

13 million baht for a 3 bedroom house in that part of Thailand ? Must be a stunning house, property, and view.

• Like 1

13 million baht for a 3 bedroom house in that part of Thailand ? Must be a stunning house, property, and view.

I think its quite good yes, I really want a beach front house

http://www.nationwidehuahin.com/?article=452

That's getting up to Phuket prices. I'm thinking a deep discount is available. And 95,000 baht/year maintenance fee. No indication of land size but looks much less than 1 rai (1,600 sqm). So long as you are happy then good for you.

Hence my questions regarding the area, I was thinking to offer them 10 million as a start, there is a 2 bed as well for sale and maybe as a bundle I can negotiate better and use the other for rental income,

From things I read the housing market there will pick up as people look slightly further south than the overcrowded beach front of Hua Hin so land will most likely rise in price, there are a number of new resort complexes built and planned for the area

Rent something before you buy, putting big money out given current political conditions is really bad idea.

There's a serious glut in high end rentals right now. That means the deals are in renting not buying.

13 million is very high for that area, nice enough area but beware many scams are going around there and some folks are being bitten pretty hard. People build on encroached land and recently the new junta is sorting out the encroachments. Be very careful.

Hence my questions regarding the area, I was thinking to offer them 10 million as a start, there is a 2 bed as well for sale and maybe as a bundle I can negotiate better and use the other for rental income,

From things I read the housing market there will pick up as people look slightly further south than the overcrowded beach front of Hua Hin so land will most likely rise in price, there are a number of new resort complexes built and planned for the area

The area is not really tourist developed, as yet. Maybe in another 5 - 10 years. I'm talking about foreign tourists. International, even regional, airports are a very long way away. Your idea of rental income is a long shot.

If you like the beachfront setting, then good for you. But don't expect evenings out with international dining and company.

I recommend you go there and have a really good look and see the amenities available and see if you really want to live there.

I assume you have thought through the technicalities of land ownership for non-thai nationals.

Rent something before you buy, putting big money out given current political conditions is really bad idea.

There's a serious glut in high end rentals right now. That means the deals are in renting not buying.

13 million is very high for that area, nice enough area but beware many scams are going around there and some folks are being bitten pretty hard. People build on encroached land and recently the new junta is sorting out the encroachments. Be very careful.

These situations come and go, its the way of all things smile.png

The very fact that there is a serious glut of rentals in the market also has a knock on effect on the property market, lots of nervous people selling or not buying means there are good deals to be made

no intention of paying the asking price and I will be getting Siam Legal to check the land issue thoroughly

thanks for your concern

The area is not really tourist developed, as yet. Maybe in another 5 - 10 years. I'm talking about foreign tourists. International, even regional, airports are a very long way away. Your idea of rental income is a long shot.

If you like the beachfront setting, then good for you. But don't expect evenings out with international dining and company.

I recommend you go there and have a really good look and see the amenities available and see if you really want to live there.

I assume you have thought through the technicalities of land ownership for non-thai nationals.

Agreed that's what attracts me, quiet, very quiet, I will purchase a small condo in Bangkok to for my odd week of high living :-)

to be honest my intention is to escape people as much as possible (apart from my trips to BKK), and in 5 to 10 years sell and move to another deserted island :-)

definitely will visit anyway, but cannot for a few weeks so am looking to see if there are any major no-no's to the area

I am at the moment setting up a Thai company (one for actual work) with a Thai friend I have know for 30 years that company will own the land, I will lease it, and work from home (IT work) so should if done properly work out fine

Thanks everyone for your input it is appreciated

Coastal erosion is a serious problem along much of the Gulf of Thailand, I'd pay very close attention to this before buying anything.

My wife is from an area just south of Prachuap and a piece of land we'd once considered ten years ago has lost over five metres to coastal erosion in that time.

• Like 1

Coastal erosion is a serious problem along much of the Gulf of Thailand, I'd pay very close attention to this before buying anything.

My wife is from an area just south of Prachuap and a piece of land we'd once considered ten years ago has lost over five metres to coastal erosion in that time.

Thanks, this is just the type of info I was looking for

I shall look into it

there are no volcanos are there wink.png

I like that area, but suggest you check the place out before making decisions.

There is no land rush, so no need to be hasty.

Regarding the listing you posted, not only is that way to much $$ for that area, but do you really want to be that close to the tide line?

• Like 1

I like that area, but suggest you check the place out before making decisions.

There is no land rush, so no need to be hasty.

Regarding the listing you posted, not only is that way to much $$ for that area, but do you really want to be that close to the tide line?

Obviously i will check this out

but at the same time, if i wait forever i will ever do anything smile.png

I am aware of the price and intend to offer a lower price for the 2 houses offered

yes i do and if the house were in the sea I would even be happierbiggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

at best i am 50 so twenty years is enough right now wink.png ( I reserve the right to amend death dates latersmile.png )

These situations come and go, its the way of all things smile.png

The very fact that there is a serious glut of rentals in the market also has a knock on effect on the property market, lots of nervous people selling or not buying means there are good deals to be made

no intention of paying the asking price and I will be getting Siam Legal to check the land issue thoroughly

thanks for your concern

OK and of course you already know you can never hold tittle to land in your name. Only ownership via a flimsy shell corporation. Legally they don't hold much water. It may only be a matter of time before the other shoe drops on that avenue.

Live here a while and get the lay of the land before dropping a considerable chunk of cash which you will never get back. You might eventually find nearby countries like Malaysia to be more accommodating.

• Like 1

No, no volcanoes, low earthquake risk, no typhoons.

There was talk of building a large new coal-fired power station in Prachuap as well as a new steelworks somewhere near Bang Saphan, don't know what the latest is with those. The railway is also supposed to upgrade to double track eventually.

As already suggested rent for a while before you put any serious money in, and then when you do it's advisable to bring in no more than you're willing to lose.

No, no volcanoes, low earthquake risk, no typhoons.

There was talk of building a large new coal-fired power station in Prachuap as well as a new steelworks somewhere near Bang Saphan, don't know what the latest is with those. The railway is also supposed to upgrade to double track eventually.

As already suggested rent for a while before you put any serious money in, and then when you do it's advisable to bring in no more than you're willing to lose.

There has been a large steel works in Bang Saphan for many years. It's not so bad -- surely the largest employer in B.S.

The local people fought off a power plant that was scheduled to be built just north of Ban Krud many years back. I'm sure the developers have/will continue to try to pollute that beautiful stretch of sand & sea. sad.png

Agreed that's what attracts me, quiet, very quiet, ..

You may want to consider that anywhere there are beaches, there will likely be noise -- especially on weekends. I lived in Ban Krud for 3 years and it does get noisy when the Bangkok hordes arrive --

-- or when one of the young locals decides to crank up the volume on his boom-box pickup.