Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

That Transam guy is not answering the question - prove it.

Tell me where Scots are treated differently, are you stupid.............rolleyes.gif

Go to any UK gov web site and it tells all about ANY UK subject, we are not classed as English or Scots, we are UK citizens. Tell us where Scots are not treated the same, COS I DON'T KNOW if they are, YOU TELL US. Gawd, no wonder your a yes guy..........rolleyes.gif

"Tell me where Scots are treated differently, are you stupid" - this comment would indicate that you really don't have even the most basic grasp of what the situation is....it's not even a question......the situation is down to representation, financial control, foreign policy, control of natural resources and self determination.

Sheep in a field are all equal...... but some might want to get out.

Edited by wilcopops

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

even if the Scots don't go independent there will have to be major reforms. One of the most important should IMO be the formation of an English assembly. That will at least give the nod to all countries in the Union being equal.....at present the accepted philosophy is that England doesn't need an assembly as it already has control of the Union parliament.

I agree with that - I don't know if there should be a separate assembly altogether - but at the very least English matters only should be voted on by English constituency MP's only.

If they do go for an assembly, it should be out of London - Brum or Manchester would be good choices. London is a dark star.

Tell me where Scots are treated differently, are you stupid.............rolleyes.gif

Go to any UK gov web site and it tells all about ANY UK subject, we are not classed as English or Scots, we are UK citizens. Tell us where Scots are not treated the same, COS I DON'T KNOW if they are, YOU TELL US. Gawd, no wonder your a yes guy..........rolleyes.gif

"Tell me where Scots are treated differently, are you stupid" - this comment would indicate that you really don't have even the most basic grasp of what the situation is....it's not even a question......the situation is down to representation, financial control, foreign policy, control of natural resources and self determination.

Are Scots treated differently to English or Welsh regarding welfare, tax, NHS....?

Are Scots treated differently to English or Welsh regarding welfare, tax, NHS....?

Give up Trans - you're on a hiding to nothing (all too familiar eh?)

The Scots if independent will strive to have a BETTER health service that relates to the needs of Scotland.

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

I think than answer from Wilcopops covered it - however I will pick you up on your personal attack.

I am not stupid.

It's a regular tactic of the No crowd to demean opponents who ask simple questions that they can't answer. So - for the last time -

Prove it.

Can't we all stick together and just off-hire everything inside the M25?

That would sound a bit more like it. Scots - what about your pals from the north of England. Are you just going to leave us to it?

I'm quite happy to say I live in Somerset, Scotland.

I think than answer from Wilcopops covered it - however I will pick you up on your personal attack.

I am not stupid.

It's a regular tactic of the No crowd to demean opponents who ask simple questions that they can't answer. So - for the last time -

Prove it.

Heeeeeeey, I am not a Scot, if a personal attack report me. You want to cower from questions that is your prerogative.

Tell "us" where Scots do not have access to the welfare "UNION" state, taxed different AND NHS is different...?

Go for it, folk are reading you know.

As far as I understand it, ALL this stuff is the same, YOU tell me if I am wrong....

That would sound a bit more like it. Scots - what about your pals from the north of England. Are you just going to leave us to it?

Truthfully - hand on heart? I wish you could come with us. You guys from the North East and North West are the salt of the earth - I and many of my fellow Scots regard you as brothers - and if you asked the majority of Scots on the Yes side, if we regret anything, it will be abandoning you.

I jest you not.

Truthfully - hand on heart? I wish you could come with us. You guys from the North East and North West are the salt of the earth - I and many of my fellow Scots regard you as brothers - and if you asked the majority of Scots on the Yes side, if we regret anything, it will be abandoning you.

I jest you not.

South west Celts? Welsh? NI? Scots? The north?

We're better together.

Who's missing from the above?

• Like 1

I am not stupid.

Prove it.

Heeeeeeey, I am not a Scot, if a personal attack report me. You want to cower from questions that is your prerogative.

Tell "us" where Scots do not have access to the welfare "UNION" state, taxed different AND NHS is different...?

As far as I understand it, ALL this stuff is the same, YOU tell me if I am wrong....

You appear to be squirming - you brought up the stupid issue - not I.

You made the big bold claim about us all being treated the same - asked to provide proof you have failed.

I fear you are an empty barrel.

I jest you not.

Appreciated - my daughter's godfather was a Scot - but turning your back is still turning your back, I'm afraid.

I have a great Scottish pal here in bkk known him for 20 years. Same in oz.

In all that time 20 plus years the conversation of independence was never part of a discussion.

I am welsh..been thru the we " hate the English', burning down second homes etc..when I was in school and college.

I just doesn't make sense in this every connected world.

Looking from afar it looks all very myopic, power grabbing by one elite class from another.

If the scots vote yes, so be it..

History is a potent thing..

• Like 1

I jest you not.

We're better together.

Yorkshiremen and those south of the Watford Gap.

You can keep them.

I jest you not.

We're better together.

Yorkshiremen and those south of the Watford Gap.

You can keep them.

Don't want 'em. Yorkshire yes but we all want rid of you know what.

I suppose most of you have read in today's UK papers, in which the Government is basically trying to bribe the Scots to remain in the Union, why is this, especially when many people in the rest of the UK consider they they already receive preferential treatment, and would prefer for us to be rid of the Scots, is it because of nostalgia for our combined history, or is it because they don't want to go down in history as the leaders during this period. Same question could be asked of the Scottish Nationalist leaders, is it because they want to go down in history as the leaders of a new country, or could it be that they would prefer to attend meetings in Brussels as national leaders rather than glorified county councillors, a bit like being a big fish in a small pond as opposed to being a small fish in a big pond. Or could it be that both sets of politicians are on an ego trip. What do you think?.

I jest you not.

Yes, I feel for them being left with the Southerners. Mind you, when I left Scotland, the oil and gas business was been taken over by a Geordie mafia.

I jest you not.

Yes, I feel for them being left with the Southerners. Mind you, when I left Scotland, the oil and gas business was been taken over by a Geordie mafia.

Oi you! What about us in Zommerzet, Devon and Cornwall?

I jest you not.

Appreciated - my daughter's godfather was a Scot - but turning your back is still turning your back, I'm afraid.

Sorry sir, we have far too many kids in poverty to look after - and far too many social problems. While regretting "turning our backs" on you - we are only doing so to allow us to fix our deep social problems that Westminster have allowed to fester.

• Like 1

I suppose most of you have read in today's UK papers, in which the Government is basically trying to bribe the Scots to remain in the Union, why is this, especially when many people in the rest of the UK consider they they already receive preferential treatment, and would prefer for us to be rid of the Scots, is it because of nostalgia for our combined history, or is it because they don't want to go down in history as the leaders during this period. Same question could be asked of the Scottish Nationalist leaders, is it because they want to go down in history as the leaders of a new country, or could it be that they would prefer to attend meetings in Brussels as national leaders rather than glorified county councillors, a bit like being a big fish in a small pond as opposed to being a small fish in a big pond. Or could it be that both sets of politicians are on an ego trip. What do you think?.

I think you are either deluded or brainwashed. Are you reading the Sun?

They(English) are terrified that if Scotland leaves, the Sterling will collapse.

• Like 1

I am not stupid.

Prove it.

"Tell "us" where Scots do not have access to the welfare "UNION" state, taxed different AND NHS is different...?"

Now you're just being silly! You're not even reading (or understanding?) the posts - with no arguments to put forward you are just blustering about

Until you have even the slightest grasp of the issues involved you will NEVER be able put forward a coherent argument.

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

I think you are either deluded or brainwashed. Are you reading the Sun?

They(English) are terrified that if Scotland leaves, the Sterling will collapse.

All politicians are on an ego trip with the exception of A. Darling who's ego was replaced with mild Aspergers.

• Like 2

Honestly? - just leave us to it, sink or swim.

Still waiting for an answer from SS and Wilco, are Scots treated any different to the rest of the union regarding tax, welfare,NHS.

Just a YES or NO will do, don't fear the answer, folk in Scotland ain't reading our stuff. And be HONEST....thumbsup.gif