Lite Beer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

30. "Your country is one of the most notorious centres of trading in endangered species." Accepting a conservation award in Thailand in 1991.

82. "I thought it was against the law these days for a woman to solicit." Said to a woman solicitor.

Edited by MJP

The worst part of this fiasco is who is actually funding it?

The poor bloody taxpayer of course. Shafted as usual,

if as such the Scots do vote yes are they then going to reimburse the taxpayers for the cost of this referendum or will it be yet another flurry of politicians feathering their own nests at taxpayers expense.

Remember though that if the Scots go it alone they should in fact must of course foot their own bills and not expect the English administration to pay the way.

Be careful Scotland that which you wish for may not be as palatable as you may wish and subsequently get.

just reading the replies from the "No" camp here and you can see why the Scots wanrtt independence!

Agree - loppylugs and Notabury should be hung drawn and quartered, like their ancestors did to Sir William Wallace.

They are only on this thread to take the pee.

just reading the replies from the "No" camp here and you can see why the Scots wanrtt independence!

Agree - loppylugs and Notabury should be hung drawn and quartered, like their ancestors did to Sir William Wallace.

They are only on this thread to take the pee.

Not having a drink problem like some, I would just like to say I'm certainly not wanting to take the pee, just pointing out facts that you and your blinkered nationalist comrades are unable to counter, unlike yourself hate does not come into it ( post 46 ) dislike for many Scots "yes" but not for all, and certainly not hate. Am I alone as a English person in thinking like this, I don't think so. A couple of years ago at least one poll carried out in England and Wales showed the %

wanting independence from Scotland was greater than those Scots who wanted separation from England. Come the 19th lets hope there will be a resounding Yes, then you will be able to get pissed once again, while those who vote NO will understandable be very concerned as to their future. As for the English we will have a quite smile to ourselves.

He's a commercial viewpoint from an external source.

The Australian Bank, the NAB own, in part or whole the Clydesdale Bank.

Over the past few days, the NAB's share price has dropped.

Here is the Australian Analysts viewpoint on the matter.

UK media reports indicate that momentum for a vote in favour of Scottish independence is increasing, with a recent YouGov poll indicating the ‘Yes’ camp has taken the lead for the first time.

A vote in favour of independence may see longer term headwinds for Clydesdale Bank, such as head office re-establishment costs, but Ord Minnett believes of far greater concern is near-term funding risk.

Specifically, our concerns are, firstly, the potential for depositors to relocate funds away from Scottish-based banks; secondly, a lack of clarity relating to whether Bank of England liquidity support will still be available; and thirdly, a negative impact to credit rating, as flagged by RBS, providing headwinds to a ‘stand-alone’ case for Clydesdale.

More broadly, continuing uncertainty over UK redress charges makes a near term case for exit unlikely.

We maintain our Lighten recommendation.

 Momentum for the ‘Yes’ vote increasing – Scotland has a referendum on independence on 18 September, with recent polls indicating chances of a vote in favour have increased by ~10% since the start of the year.

Against this backdrop, Scottish Banks are considering contingency plans, including relocating headquarters to London, with NAB management noting a vote in favour may give “rise to significant additional costs and risks.”

 Risks – Containing capital flows and deposit flight is the greatest near term risk.
Clydesdale Bank’s Tier 1 capital ratio increased from 8.4% in 2H13 to 13.4% in 1H14, with NAB Group assisting in recapitalisation efforts, but ring fencing requirements may now also need to be considered with the ~£23bn total
UK deposit base only marginally below the £25bn core regulatory threshold.
However, the landscape for funding is far more important. At the time of segregating UK commercial real estate (CRE) assets in late 2012, Clydesdale Bank’s LDR improved from ~130% to ~110%. However, since then customer
deposits have reduced from ~£26bn to ~£23bn, due to a lower credit rating, with a vote in favour of independence potentially serving up further deposit risks of outflows.

I'm not pro or anti ... I'm trying to remove the passion and deal with the facts and provide some insight and opinions as how an outsider views the current debate.

I'd say the "NO" campaign are in a state of utter panic at the moment....every time they opened their mouths they took Scotland one step nearer independence........ they have now reduced their argument to

"OK you can have anything you want, just PLEASE DON"T LEAVE"

It really is amusing to see them clutching at any old straw. Now we have the "heavyweight" Gordon Brown taking over from Mr Darling........bring on the chief clown! biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

The one thing with all this independence stuff that I don't understand is the SNP, before going on this venture, did not get concrete answer to the big questions to show voters what will actually occur if the vote YES. whistling.gif

I wonder why that stuff wasn't sorted. Not really cricket to just blind Scot voting folk with saber waving is it. sad.png

The one thing with all this independence stuff that I don't understand is the SNP, before going on this venture, did not get concrete answer to the big questions to show voters what will actually occur if the vote YES. whistling.gif

I wonder why that stuff wasn't sorted. Not really cricket to just blind Scot voting folk with saber waving is it. sad.png

Show me examples of this "saber waving" please Mr Vader?

The "big issue" you refer to is having the right to choose a government in Scotland that is representative of the majority of the wishes of the people of Scotland.

Mr Salmond at least realises that it might not be his party we choose to form that government.....therefore he can't say what he is going to do in that respect.

Also try to remember he has a balancing act between canvassing in the independence vote and acting as the current First Minister in the Scottish Parliament.

• Like 1

He's a commercial viewpoint from an external source.

The Australian Bank, the NAB own, in part or whole the Clydesdale Bank.

Over the past few days, the NAB's share price has dropped.

Here is the Australian Analysts viewpoint on the matter.

UK media reports indicate that momentum for a vote in favour of Scottish independence is increasing, with a recent YouGov poll indicating the ‘Yes’ camp has taken the lead for the first time.

A vote in favour of independence may see longer term headwinds for Clydesdale Bank, such as head office re-establishment costs, but Ord Minnett believes of far greater concern is near-term funding risk.

Specifically, our concerns are, firstly, the potential for depositors to relocate funds away from Scottish-based banks; secondly, a lack of clarity relating to whether Bank of England liquidity support will still be available; and thirdly, a negative impact to credit rating, as flagged by RBS, providing headwinds to a ‘stand-alone’ case for Clydesdale.

More broadly, continuing uncertainty over UK redress charges makes a near term case for exit unlikely.

We maintain our Lighten recommendation.

 Momentum for the ‘Yes’ vote increasing – Scotland has a referendum on independence on 18 September, with recent polls indicating chances of a vote in favour have increased by ~10% since the start of the year.

Against this backdrop, Scottish Banks are considering contingency plans, including relocating headquarters to London, with NAB management noting a vote in favour may give “rise to significant additional costs and risks.”

 Risks – Containing capital flows and deposit flight is the greatest near term risk.

Clydesdale Bank’s Tier 1 capital ratio increased from 8.4% in 2H13 to 13.4% in 1H14, with NAB Group assisting in recapitalisation efforts, but ring fencing requirements may now also need to be considered with the ~£23bn total

UK deposit base only marginally below the £25bn core regulatory threshold.

However, the landscape for funding is far more important. At the time of segregating UK commercial real estate (CRE) assets in late 2012, Clydesdale Bank’s LDR improved from ~130% to ~110%. However, since then customer

deposits have reduced from ~£26bn to ~£23bn, due to a lower credit rating, with a vote in favour of independence potentially serving up further deposit risks of outflows.

I'm not pro or anti ... I'm trying to remove the passion and deal with the facts and provide some insight and opinions as how an outsider views the current debate.

Thank you for providing this information from a completely unbiased source. There is also a very good article in today's Daily Mirror. David, this is a left leaning UK newspaper which also gives an assessment for the future of a separated Scotland, however I'm sure all those people wearing blinkers will still refuse to accept not only this article but also the Australian analyst.

I'd say the "NO" campaign are in a state of utter panic at the moment....every time they opened their mouths they took Scotland one step nearer independence........ they have now reduced their argument to

"OK you can have anything you want, just PLEASE DON"T LEAVE"

I don't know about the "No" campaign, but it's sure giving us English a good laugh at the sight of the Turkeys sprinting towards Christmas.

Sheep to the slaughter, bring it on.

Well in modern day language I refer to sales talk, sorry, just thought readers would understand my words. whistling.gif

But it would be great if you, a YES guy, could show a little light as to why the SNP has not provided the answers to the biggies BEFORE going on this venture, cos for sure I have not read any. whistling.gif

Why would a Nation want to be Governed by another Nation? Makes no sense - I wonder if ANY Country has had a chance to become independent and voted no to it ?

I think they should vote Yes and take control of their future.

Scottish referendum is the referendum about redistribution of profit.

History teaches us that nationalism has never led to a good decision, it it only causes more problems ...

I hope people will not yield to irrational fantasies.

Edited by Matej

Why would a Nation want to be Governed by another Nation? Makes no sense - I wonder if ANY Country has had a chance to become independent and voted no to it ?

I think they should vote Yes and take control of their future.

Perhaps you don't understand, Scotland is NOT governed by England. Central government is a mix of MP's from Scotland, Englad, Wales and N.Ireland. The head honcho has been a Scot a few times controlling affairs of the union.

• Like 1

Well in modern day language I refer to sales talk, sorry, just thought readers would understand my words. whistling.gif

But it would be great if you, a YES guy, could show a little light as to why the SNP has not provided the answers to the biggies BEFORE going on this venture, cos for sure I have not read any. whistling.gif

These so called "Biggies" are a figment of the no campaigns imagination.

The EU....what currency will they use?.....who will they trade with?....how will they survive?

The same way as other countries do it and a damn sight better is the answer.

The real question is why would we choose to remain with a country that is sliding dangerously to the right and is economically sliding into oblivion?

One thing I notice on here transam is that you never EVER answer a straight question.

You come out with a statement which is biased to your viewpoint....then backtrack and start demanding someone else provide answers.

If you want them so badly use google....go on the SNP website....you will find all the answers you need there.

Also check out the debates on YouTube.....its all there....many of us have already informed ourselves by watching and listening and attending meetings across Scotland.

So when people come on here and suggest we are lemmings leaping off the cliff we laugh at them.

The no campaign has offered nothing but lies....and as each one has been exposed their lead dropped and dropped.

Deny that as fact.

Perhaps you have been listening to to many "salesmen".

The union may have it's problems but problems come from the "union", you talk as if Scotland has just sat on the side lines and has NOTHING to do with the problems. YET Scots were in control of the union for many years...YES or NO ?

PS. Now the going is tough for the union the Scots want to run away from it, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by transam

The union may have it's problems but problems come from the "union", you talk as if Scotland has just sat on the side lines and has NOTHING to do with the problems. YET Scots were in control of the union for many years...YES or NO ?

I could care less about this Blair and Brown are Scottish so its Scotland's fault tripe transam.

The truth is many of us were advocating independence long before they were in Westminster.

You are not having a discussion about an independence issue there....rather the failings of the UK Labour party.

Tell me.....what is the UK going to do to make things Better Together?

I could care less about this Blair and Brown are Scottish so its Scotland's fault tripe transam.

The truth is many of us were advocating independence long before they were in Westminster.

You are not having a discussion about an independence issue there....rather the failings of the UK Labour party.

You are twisting my words. Scottish salesmen are blaming the English for stuff when Scots were controlling the union for many years and were part of that union, FACT. If the Scots want to run away, well, up to you/them.

Has the SNP got on paper concrete evidence what will happen if a YES vote regarding EU membership, currency, debt, so Mr and Mrs Scot knows what they are voting for...? YES or NO

What is the independent Scotland going to do to make things better apart?

Classic scenario: Since today we are independent, but what are we going to do now?

It's naive to think that independence will solve people's problems or miraculously helps Scotland.

That is what I am trying to get across. Seems like running away from the part they played in the union, but all will be fine when we reject our union, can't see it myself.

You are twisting my words. Scottish salesmen are blaming the English for stuff when Scots were controlling the union for many years and were part of that union, FACT. If the Scots want to run away, well, up to you/them.

Has the SNP got on paper concrete evidence what will happen if a YES vote regarding EU membership, currency, debt, so Mr and Mrs Scot knows what they are voting for...? YES or NO

Transam you have yet again failed to answer any question put to you... As I've said already...you want answers go look for them on the SNP website or in the debates.

Here he goes again....its Scotland's fault that the UK is a mess.....soon you English can clear it up yourselves.

You should be delighted!