Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

Hey transam....many of us HAVE considered our position very carefully.....you are insulting us to suggest otherwise.

Like I said....its a leap into the unknown....but we have faith in sorting our own future.

What is the UK offering apart from tuition fees, a semi privatised NHS, exclusion from the EU, a billion pounds a week in debt payments and a Tory government we would never vote for?

Tell me tell me?

But it wouldn't be a leap into the unknown if Salmond and Co had actually done their jobs rather than relying on embarrassing sound bites. It should not be a leap into the unknown, everything should have been worked out beforehand and then put to a vote.

Did UK have everything worked out before joining the EU? Did they have all the bases covered when we went decimal? Events have proved not wink.png

Well at the time of jpining the EEC, Sailor Ted did not tell us the whole story, and he knew the whole story.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey transam....many of us HAVE considered our position very carefully.....you are insulting us to suggest otherwise.

Like I said....its a leap into the unknown....but we have faith in sorting our own future.

What is the UK offering apart from tuition fees, a semi privatised NHS, exclusion from the EU, a billion pounds a week in debt payments and a Tory government we would never vote for?

Tell me tell me?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, I am far from insulting. Don't even go there eh. As an English guy your SNP has NOT given you the answers for YOU to go forward. Absolutely nothing, if I can see it Why can't you...?

The present UK gov is crap, WE ALL KNOW THAT, it is NOT a Conservative voted in gov. IT IS A CRAP DUO, we know that but that is how stuff is.

If you think all will be better if a YES vote, you are ___________Cos the YES folk have Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo answers have they, HAVE THEY...?

So stuff is crap and we should just put up with it and drink some warm beer?

Well I am not against the warm beer....and indeed I have no plan to remain long term residing in Scotland....but to me our kids have a better future in an independent Scotland....right now our society is badly prejudiced against poorer kids....and I want to see them have a fair crack at a better future.

The UK is broken transam.....and a no vote won't fix that.

But YOU think the UK kid has a different life from a Scots kid...noooooooooooooo.

Let the Tories the English want to vote for fix things for English kids....cos they never did anything for us.

Scotland will take responsibility for giving ours education and the opportunity to prosper rather than a life of uncertainty and unemployment.

Latest from the markets, due to the impending separation the £ is down 1% against the US dollar, the SET down by 1.02%. The sell off of Scottish interest is far greater with the Royal Bank of Scotland down 3.53%, Edinburgh headquartered Standard Life down 3.87%, Glasgow engineers Weir down 2.54%. However One good piece of news for the Scottish economy, will be the availability of empty office space and factories after their present owners move south.

From the BBC this am, some big businrss's are getting ready to at least move their HQ south.

Much like the RBoS who said they'll be moving if it's a yes vote -- but the reality is they will only move their registered office to avoid complications with corporate law during the transition. They're not actually moving any jobs ,

;)

• Like 1

Let the Tories the English want to vote for fix things for English kids....cos they never did anything for us.

Scotland will take responsibility for giving ours education and the opportunity to prosper rather than a life of uncertainty and unemployment.

But you don't understand that Salmond has not told you how that can be done has he..?

Because he has noooooooo answers to anything, has he.....Now thankfully half of your country reads through Salmonds crap, the half that are not shield thumpers but the half that look at facts. This IS the 21st century where the sword and shield in the UK has been tossed away for most.

Good luck to the Scottish - what ever they decide. I say that as an Englishman - genuinely ! The Scottish Folk still have plenty of " spunk " and won't let others take over their country. George Galloway - mmmmmm. I hate most of what he spouts - but the guy is a very accomplished performer. There are various factions that I would rather he support than oppose because his performances are pretty good ! Unfortunately, whilst I have rather a fond liking of the fella, I am opposed to most of what he says !

If I ever return to UK, I would most likely prefer to live in an independent Scotland as opposed to a $$$/&@?/Islam$&/ spineless England any day.

George referred to ( in one of his latest speeches ) about a " Frenzied gathering of UK Soldiers " at a recent Ibrox Game all dressed in uniform and behaving in a very aggressive manner - which apparently gave him great cause for concern! Well, Mr George..... I can only hope that escalates and actually gets the Media coverage it should get......because maybe then, a few would wake up south of that H Wall and smell and see the coffee and all it's colour !

There were 10 German Bombers in the sky, there were 10 German Bombers in the sky, there were 10 German Bombers, 10 German Bombers, 10 German bombers in the sky. And the RAF from England shot them down, the RAF from England shot them down......go for it boys..... And never forget lads like Lee Rigby...... Press suppression stops us in England saying what we want to say !!

Don't think about about a few pounds lost here n a few bob lost there, protect your own interests and be independent from the spineless political wan/ers from England - be grateful for the opportunity to take control of your own destiny!

Best wishes !

• Like 2

But you don't understand that Salmond has not told you how that can be done has he..?

Because he has noooooooo answers to anything, has he.....Now thankfully half of your country reads through Salmonds crap, the half that are not shield thumpers but the half that look at facts. This IS the 21st century where the sword and shield in the UK has been tossed away for most.

About time you actually said something transam rather than your constant demands from the rest of us.

Come on Lord transam....tell us why the union is great....this is your moment!

Good luck to the Scottish - what ever they decide. I say that as an Englishman - genuinely ! The Scottish Folk still have plenty of " spunk " and won't let others take over their country. George Galloway - mmmmmm. I hate most of what he spouts - but the guy is a very accomplished performer. There are various factions that I would rather he support than oppose because his performances are pretty good ! Unfortunately, whilst I have rather a fond liking of the fella, I am opposed to most of what he says !

If I ever return to UK, I would most likely prefer to live in an independent Scotland as opposed to a $$$/&@?/Islam$&/ spineless England any day.

George referred to ( in one of his latest speeches ) about a " Frenzied gathering of UK Soldiers " at a recent Ibrox Game all dressed in uniform and behaving in a very aggressive manner - which apparently gave him great cause for concern! Well, Mr George..... I can only hope that escalates and actually gets the Media coverage it should get......because maybe then, a few would wake up south of that H Wall and smell and see the coffee and all it's colour !

There were 10 German Bombers in the sky, there were 10 German Bombers in the sky, there were 10 German Bombers, 10 German Bombers, 10 German bombers in the sky. And the RAF from England shot them down, the RAF from England shot them down......go for it boys..... And never forget lads like Lee Rigby...... Press suppression stops us in England saying what we want to say !!

Don't think about about a few pounds lost here n a few bob lost there, protect your own interests and be independent from the spineless political wan/ers from England - be grateful for the opportunity to take control of your own destiny!

Best wishes !

"be grateful for the opportunity to take control of your own destiny"

It was more like Cameron gave Scotland the opportunity! he didnt have to agree to a Referendom!

Tell me tell me?

But it wouldn't be a leap into the unknown if Salmond and Co had actually done their jobs rather than relying on embarrassing sound bites. It should not be a leap into the unknown, everything should have been worked out beforehand and then put to a vote.

Did UK have everything worked out before joining the EU? Did they have all the bases covered when we went decimal? Events have proved not wink.png

Precisely, but the UK never got a vote on joining the EU. The EEC yes, but not the EU.

Honestly I think the Scots deserve better than this. Yes have independence, great, wonderful, but do it right and do it in the interests of all Scots not just the political elite.

If there was a plan and that plan had been clearly worked out and communicated there wouldn't be so many 'Don't Knows' or even 'No's'. It's the uncertainty that's the problem and uncertainty is utterly unnecessary with all the time the politicians and civil servants have had to devise a genuine and reasonably practicable plan.

Really is inexcusable.

• Like 2

North Korea 'backs Scottish independence'w00t.gif

Exclusive: Kim Jong-un's regime would support an independent Scotland under Alex Salmond and is hoping to trade its natural resources for Scotch whisky, officials tell Telegraphgiggle.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/11089388/North-Korea-backs-Scottish-independence.html

Edited by Asiantravel

Hypothetical situation...

50/50 split/vote in the country.

SNP keep pushing even though it's a stalemate draw.

We all know the rivalry between the two groups in Scotland(Not the Yes/No)

Will we have a situation similar to Northern Ireland or Thailand in the future????

Nationalism - A nasty business

In a word....no.

Exclusive: Kim Jong-un's regime would support an independent Scotland under Alex Salmond and is hoping to trade its natural resources for Scotch whisky, officials tell Telegraphgiggle.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/11089388/North-Korea-backs-Scottish-independence.html

If this is true, the NO guys will now romp home..............blink.png

Edited by transam
  • Like 1

Will we have a situation similar to Northern Ireland or Thailand in the future????

In a word....no.

You can not be certain!

Tensions are already stretched!

It's going to erupt if the Nationalists don't get their way.

Edited by BKK Blues Brother
  • Like 1

Best to rely on the BBC media blackout rather than the great leader's eh transam?

In a word....no.

You can not be certain!

There are already more incidents of violence of the streets reported.

You haven't got a clue at all....and that post just says it all.

Ridiculous....and I say that as a Scot with family who are voting no.....we are great believers in democracy in Scotland....as much as we believe in fish suppers and fine ales!

Best to rely on the BBC media blackout rather than the great leader's eh transam?

Not sure what you mean but if this NK guy wants to cozy up to the Scots for some reason I think Scots should read into it very carefully...........facepalm.gif

keep-calm-and-wear-your-tinfoil-hat.png

• Like 1

Not sure what you mean but if this NK guy wants to cozy up to the Scots for some reason I think Scots should read into it very carefully...........facepalm.gif

Well that's honest....you don't know what is going on really do you?.....applies to many posting on here to be fair!

In a word....no.

You can not be certain!

There are already more incidents of violence of the streets reported.

You haven't got a clue at all....and that post just says it all.

Ridiculous....and I say that as a Scot with family who are voting no.....we are great believers in democracy in Scotland....as much as we believe in fish suppers and fine ales!

Which currency is Scotland going to use?

We're going to use the pound.

Then Scotland won't actually be independent, unless it's the Scottish Pound issued by a Scottish central bank. Has that been confirmed and agreed with the BoE and English Parliament?

Of course it hasn't.

But all of these details should have been worked out and agreed before the vote so that Scots knew what they were voting on.

This isn't fair on the Scots.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

Then Scotland won't actually be independent, unless it's the Scottish Pound issued by a Scottish central bank. Has that been confirmed and agreed with the BoE and English Parliament?

Of course it hasn't.

But all of these details should have been worked out and agreed before the vote so that Scots knew what they were voting on.

Actually it's very fair - it's what is in use in Scotland now -- just continue. Did UK sort out all the details of currency when they went decimal? Certainly not ;) Westminster is the problem - not the English ;)

On the bright side. We lose 41 Labour and is it 11 Lib Dem MPs?

Who is "we"?

I assume you mean the UK will lose 41 Labour. England will have a real identity crisis - no more fashionable flags, no more Rule Britannia and a Tory government for eternity !

Of course it hasn't.

Actually it's very fair - it's what is in use in Scotland now -- just continue. Did UK sort out all the details of currency when they went decimal? Certainly not wink.png Westminster is the problem - not the English wink.png

But it has not been confirmed before the vote.

Do you understand what I am saying?

This is not fair on the Scots to treat them like this. Get the details of everything agreed first without this acrid hate and then put it to a vote.

On the bright side. We lose 41 Labour and is it 11 Lib Dem MPs?

Who is "we"?

I assume you mean the UK will lose 41 Labour. England will have a real identity crisis - no more fashionable flags, no more Rule Britannia and a Tory government for eternity !

Heeeey, like the Scots will always be Scots, and the English will always be the English, weeeeeeeell, the few that are left..sad.png

post-41816-0-60275000-1410531100_thumb.p

• Like 1

Of course it hasn't.

Actually it's very fair - it's what is in use in Scotland now -- just continue. Did UK sort out all the details of currency when they went decimal? Certainly not ;) Westminster is the problem - not the English ;)

We in Scotland have no issue with the English....indeed after a YES vote our relationship should be very similar to what it is now on a whole range of issues....many people have relatives north or south of the border.

The Tories and no campaign of course would like to tell us everything will be final and disastrous for us with poverty and despair all around.

What a sad sad bunch they really are....lucky I voted YES....so we can have two vibrant and productive countries working alongside.

Well that is if the rest of the UK can sort out their problems lol