Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

The Noisy YES campaign on the streets has been intimidating in true nationalistic fashion.

People are scared to voice a different opinion.

My prediction is the Noisy Yes is the minority and the silent majority as always will make it's presence felt at the ballot box.

I propose that after the election all the cyberneds and SNP fanatics re-inhabit the Island of St.Kilda and leave the ordinary happy people of the U.K to live in peace!

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Noisy YES campaign on the streets has been intimidating in true nationalistic fashion.

People are scared to voice a different opinion.

My prediction is the Noisy Yes is the minority and the silent majority as always will make it's presence felt at the ballot box.

I propose that after the election all the cyberneds and SNP fanatics re-inhabit the Island of St.Kilda and leave the ordinary happy people of the U.K to live in peace!

Yep, I have personally experienced the wrath of a YES guy (friend). Very strange indeed...........facepalm.gifsad.png

What it really boils down to is whether or not Scots want to be British or not.

And it seems half do, half don't, or thereabouts.

I hope whatever happens that they stop the bitching the day the result comes in, rational debate stopped a long time ago, and the cyberneds have never stopped.

Neither will the Whinging and whining if there is a YES vote!

• Like 1

^^ Yes.

tumblr_lsz184n7Vu1r0xrdm.jpg

I feel insulted by your derogatory remarks about Scotland and what relevance is Rab Nesbit? Typical English w@n**r

I see The Independent has Yes 8 points ahead.

Gregor Fisher, the man who created, wrote and played Rab C Nesbitt, is Scottish; born and raised in Glasgow.

The latest 'poll of polls' puts No at 51%, Yes at 49%. But like all the polls it has adjusted the result to remove the don't knows.

It is they who will decide this.

Baronness Boothroyd makes a very valid point re banning polls in the week before the vote; not just for this referendum but for all future elections, referenda etc..

Scottish independence: Ban opinion polls in the run-up to elections says Baroness Boothroyd

So what it really boils down to is the oil?

The paltry, almost exhausted North Sea fields that Westminster would have us believe?

Of course it's about oil, do you think there would be this push for separation without the discovery of North Sea oil. As for it being exhausted, it's not only Westminster that is saying this, also Scotsman Ian Wood( see post 1253 ) who should know more about this subject than the politicians and their puppets, be they in London or Edinburgh. Then include the figures for the loss of the Edinburgh financial sector as explained by another Scottish economist in an earlier post.

But please do go ahead with your "YES" vote hopefully to be followed by a big Edinburgh party, it will provide some comic relief for the English before they prepare for the influx of jobs from north of the boarder.

Here he goes talking out his arse again. What exactly is your motive for all the posts on this topic?
Again insults but no constructive answers. As for my motive very simple, for 50yrs I've been an ardent supporter of the separation of Scotland from the rest of the UK. Hopefully this will be confirmed this week.
So your motive is to tell Scots they are not wanted ?? You really are full of it.

Not the polls I've seen, and I suspect more English,N.I and Welsh are now aware of the extras that have been granted to Scotland over the years to the detriment of the rest of the country.

One interesting question that I don't know the answer to, in the event of a "YES" vote I suspect Alex Salmonds and the SNP will represent Scotland at the negotiation table, but who will represent the UK, especially bearing in mind that the present UK will be holding a General Election in 2015 with the Scots being entitled to take part. As the actual separation will not take place until 2016. Let's imagine that Labour wins that election but only because they will have the support of perhaps 40 odd Scottish Labour M.P's. Then we could have the then Labour government negotiates on behalf of the UK with the support of M.P's owning allegiance to the other side. How would that go down with the UK electorate?.

One interesting question that I don't know the answer to, in the event of a "YES" vote I suspect Alex Salmonds and the SNP will represent Scotland at the negotiation table, but who will represent the UK, especially bearing in mind that the present UK will be holding a General Election in 2015 with the Scots being entitled to take part. As the actual separation will not take place until 2016. Let's imagine that Labour wins that election but only because they will have the support of perhaps 40 odd Scottish Labour M.P's. Then we could have the then Labour government negotiates on behalf of the UK with the support of M.P's owning allegiance to the other side. How would that go down with the UK electorate?.

I've been saying for a while -- the outcome is almost immaterial. The UK is on the road to major change either with independent Scotland or with DevoMax - both of which will be negotiated between the Scottish parliament and a Westminster dominated by scottish influence. It's time for the English to stand up and be counted !!!

• Like 1

I've been saying for a while -- the outcome is almost immaterial. The UK is on the road to major change either with independent Scotland or with DevoMax - both of which will be negotiated between the Scottish parliament and a Westminster dominated by scottish influence. It's time for the English to stand up and be counted !!!

I think you said something wrong in you post. Try and spot it.........coffee1.gif

The paltry, almost exhausted North Sea fields that Westminster would have us believe?

Of course it's about oil, do you think there would be this push for separation without the discovery of North Sea oil. As for it being exhausted, it's not only Westminster that is saying this, also Scotsman Ian Wood( see post 1253 ) who should know more about this subject than the politicians and their puppets, be they in London or Edinburgh. Then include the figures for the loss of the Edinburgh financial sector as explained by another Scottish economist in an earlier post.

But please do go ahead with your "YES" vote hopefully to be followed by a big Edinburgh party, it will provide some comic relief for the English before they prepare for the influx of jobs from north of the boarder.

Talking about jobs,on the BBC a SNP MP was on the Referendom News this morning,whinging about 40,000 Younsters a year are forced to leave Scotland to seek Jobs,you can bet your last English £Pound,39,000 of the Jobseekers will be heading for England! Just goes to show how out of touch and insular the SNP is.

Scottish waters hold 2/3rds of European oil already and some new discoveries are huge. As for Scots leaving to work it has been going on for generations - look all over the world for their influence.

• Like 2

I think you said something wrong in you post. Try and spot it.........coffee1.gif

Not at all -- I meant every word of it.

Not at all -- I meant every word of it.

Good, makes things clear.....Or should I say clearer...

Over the weeks I have learned that some Scots folk have a hatred for the English. These folk don't give a TOSS about the Scots future, just their shield thumping ego..They forget that what they have now was the struggle of 65,000,000 union folk to achieve, NOT a couple of mil Scots that many have to work in England or abroad.

Most folk in the Union hate the present gov, but heeey, for sure, if a YES, you will not like yours cos at this stage the SNP has provided noooooooo answers for you, just shield thumping.

To me this Salmond bloke must be a real plank to take the Scots down a road of no return with noooo answers. Blimey, if someone like me can see the flaws, am sure Scots with an ounce of sense can see those flaws..

==============================>>

I presume your reference to "..... you will not like yours" is not aimed at me?

As with everything in politics -- there are 2 sides to the coin, multiple ways of spinning events according to your taste. Salmond could be spun as a genius for cornering Westminster into giving Scotland the referendum under the conditions now prevailing. It only depends on what your personal agenda is wink.png

Of course there are shield-thumping Scots, in the same way as there are plenty of right-wing English and Welsh. Don't judge a nation by it's extremeties - look at it's heart.

• Like 1

Just had a humourous thought, well it is to me anyway. If Scotland were to enter a currency union, wouldn't this be like a couple who get divorced and then return home to share the same bed ?. In such circumstances you'd have to ask whether it was a real divorce at all, and what the whole point of the exercise was other than lining a few legal pockets!

Thinking about this issue more and more now and I am sure the best solution is to afford Scotland, Wales, and N.Ireland exactly the same status and power as England has, ie, a strong nation within a special union of nations. I suppose i am talking about a monarchist republic if that is not something of an oxymoron. It really is essential that the 3 other nations have a real voice in Westminster, and vice versa, to ensure fair representation all round.

Surely such a resolution is not beyond even Westminster even at this late hour.

You forget that a large number of your English voted in the current government transam.

We know its a mess too....and given the chance to leave this mess behind its an easy choice.

We didn't vote in the present gov, it was hung...So the Tories had to pick a "companion", now who the fugg would vote in a Liberal gov...w00t.gif ? But we have half of one...sad.png

You forget that a large number of your English voted in the current government transam.

We know its a mess too....and given the chance to leave this mess behind its an easy choice.

See your point, but isn't this 'out of the frying pan in to the fire'. No mate, Scotland can best help itself and the beleagured England by fighting within the union.

See your point, but isn't this 'out of the frying pan in to the fire'. No mate, Scotland can best help itself and the beleagured England by fighting within the union.

No we can best help ourselves by breaking out and moving forward as an independent country with a government that represents the wishes of the majority of Scottish people....not one which represents 10% or less and has one MP north of the border.

No we can best help ourselves by breaking out and moving forward as an independent country with a government that represents the wishes of the majority of Scottish people....not one which represents 10% or less and has one MP north of the border.

Scotland simply can't leave this mess behind you see. Not the least of which one of the world's biggest sinners who dumped on all of us is RBS, upwards to the tune of 30 bill. if my memory serves right. Scotland starts with a crippling debt overhang( if it doesn't cough up it will be a pariah) and policies that will lead to rack and ruin rather shorter than later. this will serve only to play in to the hands of bigger and wealthier nations, and well, there you go again.

Smokie does have a point.

Thing is right now it looks like frying pan into the fire because of zero advanced planning.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

Thing is right now it looks like frying pan into the fire because of zero advanced planning.

That is why we will set a framework for independence after a YES vote.

We are not planning to start building a wall on Friday morning.

Surely you don't think we are as stupid as the Westminster government thought we were.........?

• Like 1

That is why we will set a framework for independence after a YES vote.

We are not planning to start building a wall on Friday morning.

Surely you don't think we are as stupid as the Westminster government thought we were.........?

It's not you building the wall I'm worried about. I think Westminster could get very nasty over this.

There needed to be agreements in place for painless transition before the vote.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

Scotland simply can't leave this mess behind you see. Not the least of which one of the world's biggest sinners who dumped on all of us is RBS, upwards to the tune of 30 bill. if my memory serves right. Scotland starts with a crippling debt overhang( if it doesn't cough up it will be a pariah) and policies that will lead to rack and ruin rather shorter than later. this will serve only to play in to the hands of bigger and wealthier nations, and well, there you go again.

Got to laugh at this one....do you really think the rest of the world cares about England's debt problems?

A pariah to Westminster?

I think you will have more to worry about than that and Cameron and his Toadie Osborne will be gone in a weeks time if we get a YES vote announced on Friday.

Talking about jobs,on the BBC a SNP MP was on the Referendom News this morning,whinging about 40,000 Younsters a year are forced to leave Scotland to seek Jobs,you can bet your last English £Pound,39,000 of the Jobseekers will be heading for England! Just goes to show how out of touch and insular the SNP is.

Scottish waters hold 2/3rds of European oil already and some new discoveries are huge. As for Scots leaving to work it has been going on for generations - look all over the world for their influence.

Can I refer you to post 1253 regarding an interview with Scotsman IAN WOOd one of the most knowledgable figures in the North Sea oil industry, he does't seem to think there is much of a future in North Sea oil,In spite of his earlier figures being twisted by the Nationalist propaganda machine.

• Like 1

Some would say it's easy to leave a mess and jump into a disaster.