Thailand Elite PE visa, how fast you get it...

Seems like am expensive method to continue laziness when with a very small effort your visa's will always remain in order. No-one has clued us into the 500,000 to the 2,000,000 baht stretch. Folks only post about 500,000. Not that I need to know but curiosity makes me ask what you get for the 2 million elite visa???

• Like 1

Seems like am expensive method to continue laziness when with a very small effort your visa's will always remain in order. No-one has clued us into the 500,000 to the 2,000,000 baht stretch. Folks only post about 500,000. Not that I need to know but curiosity makes me ask what you get for the 2 million elite visa???

Everything you need to know can be found here. http://www.thailandelite.com/index.php

• Like 2

I assume the OP didn't have any checked luggage.

Indeed.

The fact that I did not have checked luggage and that my flight arrived late in the evening certainly were two reasons it took me only 17 minutes between the aircraft and the limo.

However, when you do have luggage, you don't have to take care of collecting them.

You give the luggage tags to the Thailand Elite staff meeting you at the plane, and she will give these to another staff member who will go to collect the luggage for you.

I usually time from plane to taxi at the airport. When flying business, with checked in luggage, it's usually under 30 minutes. Economy around 45 mins with the extra time usually waiting for the luggage rather than immigration. That's with a visa already in place of course. But still beats most EU major international airports by a long way.

So your service, albeit at a quite time, and without luggage, still very impressive.

It's like renewing your passport in the UK - pay the premium and book an appointment and you can have it in 4 hours or so. Standard service - months rather than weeks at the moment. All governments seemed to have cottoned on to idea that if you want service you have to pay.

• Like 1

Gerry what is an SE visa. Also where did u obtain your new passport? I have the PE visa as you know but did u have to go back to europe to get new passport. My passport runs out before my PE visa but dont fancy a trip back to UK to get it.

Gerry what is an SE visa. Also where did u obtain your new passport? I have the PE visa as you know but did u have to go back to europe to get new passport. My passport runs out before my PE visa but dont fancy a trip back to UK to get it.

The SE visa is a Special Entry visa (green color).

This is the visa that was given to the original members.

The stamp could be extended every 90 days.

Now it is called PE (as you know)(gold color), and the stamp is valid one year.

Same thing but better...

I did renew my passport in bangkok at my embassy, but did the new visa process at the airport because I travel quite often. If you don't want to transfer your PE visa into your new passport, you will have to carry both till your PE visa expires.

I think the best is to send Thailand Elite an email and ask for their recommendation once you have your new passport.

Personally I would recommend to always get new visa affixed at the airport. The process is super fast, really.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

"The PE visa is valid 5 years and allows you to stay 1 year in the country "per stamp" (in other words, per entry in the country)."

So each entry you can stay up to 1 year? so if you leave the country and come back 2 month down the road, the 1 year will count from your latest date of entry correct? Was there any additional cost in getting the PE visa?

I also have Thailand Elite, but also have permanent residency, hence I don't use their visa service but it may sound like their new PE may be better and easier than the PR. But either way, I still need to keep my PR so can't really go the PE route even if I want to.

I don't recall they ever sold it for 500,000 baht? I remember the price was 1 million baht in the beginning, 2-3 years later, they offered supplementary cards for 300,000 baht for a short while. This is what I have under my family members initial 1 million baht. Golfing and massage is still unlimited for those who purchase during the initial phase. So for me who golfs and use the massage regularly its a good price to pay. I already made back my purchase price.

People who purchase during the later phase have the number of services limited to X amount, don't remember the exact number - hence not as a good of a deal.

For those who don't do any of those activities, you may find it a waste of money for "elite" service, fast immigration, and visa stamp. For folks like me and OP, its priceless indeed and too good to be true. Just keeping my fingers crossed the program can continue on as they are losing massive amount of money.

If this thing gets very popular, I wonder what will happen. In general service levels in Thailand plummet when there are enough customers.

This thing is getting very popular.

Many new members joined and Thailand Elite had to recruit more people to assist at the airport.

Most new members decided to "test" the service with the Easy Access card.

Because of its success, one can be sure that the price will be increased in the near future.

Thailand Elite is a great program that has suffered because of political attacks. But finally it seems that everybody can see the benefits for both sides; the country and the foreigners (who can buy such a product).

Good news are coming for the members soon.

That is why I guess the price of the Easy Access will go up.

I think you are spot on Gerry. I was last week asked to send my docs in asap.

• Like 1

I am trying to break the costs down of a Thai elite card:

In my case I have a retirement visa, my girl-friend from abroad.

So since she is here, I got an ED visa for her, and btw she learns Thai with pleasure, myself being a speaker of Thai.

Now the costs of this ED visa are:

- 25'000 THB for the school

- Approximately 30'000 THB for the trip out to a foreign Thai embassy to renew it. If going wrong it could be well up to 60'000 THB. So I take an average of 45'000 THB for the cost.

- Three-monthly reporting each time 1900 THB, making it 7600 THB per year. Rounded 8'000 THB.

So, all in all, 78'000 THB per year … not included the nerves used in this!

Now, as for the Thai elite visa, 100'000 per year, that is a mere 22'000 THB more than that. Getting preferential treatment at the airport, including a taxi to the hotel. Oh! Twenty-two thousand more only for an elite card, with no hassles, then to the average ED Visa, with all the hassles?

My girl-friend will be in Thai institutions, she is African, with interest in meditation, yoga, Thai cuisine, and Thai language, that she loves learning. And she speaks it more often than me now, experimenting all the time with it. So … if this option remains, I will go for it. It can be considered a tax on foreigners wanting to stay here, and at 8400 THB per month I find that tax okay.

Before I had a Thai maid, a nice one, living in my place, and I paid her 10'000 THB monthly. But then came her kids, her equipment, her needs, it came to 30'000 THB per month. And in the end still feeling guilty to not having been able to give recovery to a (fine) woman with financial needs.

So please, if this Thai government Elite service is available. I find it a great and creative idea to have foreigners live in the country of choice. It is not inexpensive, yet affordable. It gives some freedom to falang living here, without obliging them to rush to marriage that will anyway ruin them, with much higher damage. lol

I've seen schools advertising promotions for less than that.

- Approximately 30'000 THB for the trip out to a foreign Thai embassy to renew it. If going wrong it could be well up to 60'000 THB. So I take an average of 45'000 THB for the cost.

Unless you expect flat-out luxury, that is much exaggerated. It depends from where you live but going to e.g Vientane or Penang, should not cost much more than Bt 10,000 even by air.

• Like 2

Unless you expect flat-out luxury, that is much exaggerated. It depends from where you live but going to e.g Vientane or Penang, should not cost much more than Bt 10,000 even by air.

He wrote that she is African which could mean she would have to return home for a visa. Or at least not at a nearby embassy or consulate.

He wrote that she is African which could mean she would have to return home for a visa. Or at least not at a nearby embassy or consulate.

I see now, thanks.

Edited by paz