Any bar, dancing, hostess work available for my friend?

Hi

I have a friend from Romania and she is looking to come over to Thailand after working five years in Spain, she has worked in Puerto Banus in clubs and bars as a hostess, bar work and dancer. Very good looking, not interested in the seedy side though.

Does anyone know where she might be able to get work over here, she is looking to come at the end of the month.

Cheers

KB

She would have to get a work permit to work. Most of the work you mentioned are forbidden professions for foreigners here.

Perhaps she could get one as an entertainer.

But I would say that her chances of getting work here is quite small.

She will have no choice but to enter the seedy side, be here on some sort of Tourist VISA, and take her chances with middle eastern customers who have a reputation (undeserved IMHO) of being from the lower income sector of said cultures. Forget the "webcam" stuff, the Thai's have stomped that out, don't want it, and punish severely when they do find it. Remember, to be legal it has to be a job a Thai can't do.

Apart from the problems to get a legal job, point out to her that compared to Spain, the wages in Thailand for that type of work are very, very low. Too many people seem to think places like Thailand and the Philippines are comparable to Spain or Greece, when we are talking about young people looking for work. They are not.

Her best bet might be to look for a job like public relations officer at a big hotel, assuming she speaks good English.

Edited by keestha