ebooks on a samsung tablet

Showbags

What do you need to read ebooks on it...any app needed to download?

Can you get them for free ?

I presume kindles are not really required if you have a tablet, or at least can make use of it and not need more gagdets.....dont want more gadgets

You can download the Kindle App.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.kindle&hl=en

There are lots of free ebooks out there, a google search will find them.

There are also "pirated" ones (*cough*), but that can't be discussed in this forum.

whistling.gif

hmmm...no eligible device it says and cannot download app in current country.

You can download the Kindle App.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.kindle&hl=en

There are lots of free ebooks out there, a google search will find them.

There are also "pirated" ones (*cough*), but that can't be discussed in this forum.

whistling.gif

hmmm...no eligible device it says and cannot download app in current country.

That's odd, given the number of people who've bought Kindles in Thailand.

Never seen that message before.

Maybe this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aldiko.android&hl=en

Or something from here: http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/best-free-ebook-reader-android.htm

With my new Nexus 10 and Note Pro 12.2 tablets on which I can read magazines and the NYT besides books, I think that I should donate my Kindle Paperwhite to the German guy with the iPad to use as an alternate chopping board.

I like the Nook reader. It has a built-in dictionary.

I wouldn't mind hearing of other readers that have built-in easy access dictionary lookup. Most are pretty convoluted, having to switch programs and possibly re-start the reader because it crashes.

Preferably a reader that is not tied to a book-selling entity.

A friend installed Kindle software on his tablet and it examined all his files, commenting that certain of his files appeared to be in violation of copyright. Policeware.

I am not in Thailand, but should still work here one would think. I will post screen shot later of kindle issue....but I tried that aldiko one last night, said compatible and I downloaded, then it said it was downloaded....but now cannot find anywhere in the apps list

This might sound daft...but.....

yesterday I bought the Aldiko reader recommended above for circa $3....said it downloaded, was compatible and then installed.....but I cannot find it, should it not be in the apps section ?......how to find it?

This might sound daft...but.....

yesterday I bought the Aldiko reader recommended above for circa $3....said it downloaded, was compatible and then installed.....but I cannot find it, should it not be in the apps section ?......how to find it?

If it installed last, it will probably be last...

Unless you sort your apps alphabetically.

Its not there on my tablet......but heres the strange thing...my daughter saysvto mevtoday, did I send her this and there on her tablet is Aldiko......htf did that happen ?

I downloaded it and paid for it on my tablet and she gets it installed on hers ???

Its not there on my tablet......but heres the strange thing...my daughter saysvto mevtoday, did I send her this and there on her tablet is Aldiko......htf did that happen ?

I downloaded it and paid for it on my tablet and she gets it installed on hers ???

If you are both utilizing the same android login account, and using a web browser to preview and select apps to download, then you need to select which device you want the download directed toward. This, or you are currently browsing under her google account login.

If you are using google playstore on the device itself then the download should go directly to that device.

• 2 weeks later...

2 questions...... with this Aldiko reader, what is the free book selection like for kids and where to go to get them?

secondly.......any and all of these apps you buy, not so much the free ones.....if your tablet is lost, stolen or just turns up its toes, do you have to go and buy them all again ?