Non O retirement one year multi entry visa from U.S.?

whistling.gif My brother in the U.S. is now retired.

He asked me if he could still get a Non O visa based on retirement in Thailand.

Please understand I'm NOT talking about a O-A "retirement" visa.

What I am asking is if anyone has in the last 6 months or so received a Non O multi entry (one year) visa from a Thai consulate in the U.S.

I don't know if such a thing is still possible in the U.S. now.

Would like to hear from anyone who has received such a visa in the last 6 months or so, and if so, what Thai consulate and where in the U.S. you received it.

To be clear again, he is not asking about a O-A "retirement" visa from the Thai embassy,

And yes, I know he can get a single or double entry tourist visa and convert it in Thailand after arrival.

But that is not what I am asking.

What he would like is a Non immigrant O visa, hopefully for a year based on retirement to Thailand.

His backup plan B would be the same Non O visa but he would accept a 90 day period rather than a year multi entry.

So is there anyone who has received one recently, from a Thai consulate in the U.S., and where; within say 6 months of this date?

A multiple entry non-o visa for being 50 or over can be obtained at one of the honorary consulates. The only report I can recall is of it not being done was at the one in Houston.

He will need to make the application in person. List of them is here: http://www.thaiembdc.org/dcdp/?q=consulate_honorary

He can also easily get a single entry non-o at one of them.

The embassy and the 3 official consulates will not do them.

A multiple entry non-o visa for being 50 or over can be obtained at one of the honorary consulates. The only report I can recall is of it not being done was at the one in Houston.

He will need to make the application in person. List of them is here: http://www.thaiembdc.org/dcdp/?q=consulate_honorary

He can also easily get a single entry non-o at one of them.

The embassy and the 3 official consulates will not do them.

--------------------

Thanks ubonjoe ......that is what I wanted to know.

I'll pass the info on to him.