Arrived suvarnabhumi today

Nice one , cheers for the info

they asked me a question, why have you overstay many times, I was honest and told I was lazy and regretted me, I said it would never happen again, they smiled, I smiled back to all good, they also said that I am welcome here, only I must not forget the new the rules,

I'm curious did you get a 30 day visa on arrival, or already have a visa, if so what kind of visa?

First I've ever heard of them making you sign any document other the the arrival and departure cards. What was the document you had to sign?

i got a visa extempsion, a paper for not overstay anymore, the lady was smiling to me, and we have a laugh togheter,i say sorry and everything okei.

I'm curious did you get a 30 day visa on arrival, or already have a visa, if so what kind of visa?

First I've ever heard of them making you sign any document other the the arrival and departure cards. What was the document you had to sign?

I would presume it was the document we are all signing now regarding the penalties on overstaying.

I would presume it was the document we are all signing now regarding the penalties on overstaying.

yes it was that.

yeah?? what document is that?? I did not sign one today. I have had a few overstays, but not a chronic thing.

It is a declaration on Immigration letterhead that states the well publicized new penalties for overstay whether one pays overstay fine voluntarily or is apprehended in-country on overstay. By signing it, one acknowledges that one is aware of the new penalties so if/when one overstays again, they can't try and claim they didn't understand the visa-exempt and/or visa regulations.

As you suggest, you may not be perceived as a chronic abuser.