Looking for an English speaking attorney...recommendations?

thailandist

My Thai girlfriend is wanting to set up an online business and I want to make sure she does everything properly to avoid issues in the future.

I need a business attorney who speaks English so I can ask them questions and understand the advice they give to her.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Rule of Thumb you cannot with any confidence trust a Thai lawyer. They are either corrupt, incompetent or the multifarious interpretations of a law that protects the guilty or moneyed and punishes the innocent or poor will defeat you.

Not sure about the previous comment--I'm sure there are plenty who would fit that bill but, not all, for sure.

Chiang Mai Legal, at Mee Chok Plaza, run by a young lady called bee, who studied Law in Australia and has a reasonable grasp of English, she has several staff who also have English skills.

• Like 1

Not sure about the previous comment--I'm sure there are plenty who would fit that bill but, not all, for sure.

Chiang Mai Legal, at Mee Chok Plaza, run by a young lady called bee, who studied Law in Australia and has a reasonable grasp of English, she has several staff who also have English skills.

Thank you!

something very strange there...

the wife has a very large on-line business but never took a farang with her to an English speaking lawyer to get advice about her business. why do some people find the need to meddle in others affairs?

something very strange there...

the wife has a very large on-line business but never took a farang with her to an English speaking lawyer to get advice about her business. why do some people find the need to meddle in others affairs?

If the OP is backing the business by way of a gift of money or a personal loan, then I think it's reasonable to try and make sure it's used to the best purpose.

I second Khun Sumalee, excellent English.