Man crushed to death by elephants at US sanctuary

webfact

Jim Laurita, from Maine, crushed to death by elephants at sanctuary, Hope Elephants

KNOX COUNTY, ME: -- A CO-FOUNDER of an elephant sanctuary in the US has died after being crushed by the animals he fought so hard to save.

Jim Laurita, the executive director of Hope Elephants, was found dead in a barn according to the Knox County Sheriff’s Office.

Laurita was apparently doing his routine tending to the elephants when he fell and struck his head on a cement floor.

“The investigation shows that the injuries are consistent, while Dr Laurita was on the ground from a fall that one of the elephants accidentally stepped on Dr Laurita causing internal injuries with multiple fractures and ultimately causing asphyxia,” the statement said.

The death has been ruled accidental.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/jim-laurita-from-maine-crushed-to-death-by-elephants-at-sanctuary-hope-elephants/story-fndir2ev-1227053785356

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-09-10

Elephants are extremely intelligent creatures.

If the elephant could only tell us the truth!

How many times have you heard of a mother elephant stepping on her baby as it spends much of the time running around for milk!

I believe little in the news today.

Perhaps it was intentional? We will never know.

Perhaps displaced anger from prior, cruel treatment!

RIP

Edited by Kabula

Trying to save elephants is going to be as successful than trying to change humans.

Beside this the "poor elephants" are extremely dangerous creatures, killing each year more people than sharks...

...almost always for the same reason than sharks: the good old stupidity that leads humans to venture into their territory blinded by beliefs

(Huh I could be myself in the news :-) )

That said I'm sorry for this good man.

Edited by TrueOrNothing