Slow internet in condo

andyrichards

google if you want speed pay for your own connection.

that said, when you say you have true wifi, do you actually mean you have true wifi distributed throughout the condo or do you have your own dedicated true adsl/cable connection and router through which you use wifi?

as you are unclear its pretty hard to offer advice

Edited by HooHaa

Could be most of your neighbors are home and on the net as well.

From experience net can be very patchy, first condo i had net was super and could download music and movies easily, many "farangs" stayed here with one Japanese company booking out a number of rooms for there staff, second condo was a running battle to get a dribble happing and evenings it was pretty lousey...no chance of downloading anything there even had trouble opening email attachments.......cheaper building and mainly thai neighbors.

I was the first person to move in to a new condo and the internet was so fast, but when th place started to fill up the Internet speed dropped about 50 %.

Have you tried connecting to the different floors in your condo, i do switch between 5th and 3rd floors wifi and i live on the 4th floor, the 4th floor is way slower, i guess they messed up when naming the different floor routers.

Try the other floors routers....

that said, when you say you have true wifi, do you actually mean you have true wifi distributed throughout the condo or do you have your own dedicated true adsl/cable connection and router through which you use wifi?

Sorry to make things clear I have my onw dedicated true connection.

Sorry to make things clear I have my onw dedicated true connection.

Yes, but that doesn't matter, the total bandwidth is still oversold and is remains "throttled", we all have the same problem when traffic is heavy, i.e. people return home from work and begin surfing.