Dean of Mahidol Uni covers head with box to protest rector holding dual posts

webfact

The Junta has led the way in holding dual or even trio posts in government. Rajatanavin is just following the Junta's custom. Sure there might be issues of conflict of interest that was demonized with the Yingluck regime, but the greater efficiency should be recognized as well as the Junta's promise - "Trust me."

I wonder how long before one of the overseas media picks up the photo of our newest astronaught?

Conflict of interest is a problem everywere. It always concerned me that Homeswest which controls social housing in Western Australia had an appeal system for applicants or tenants. It was supposed to be equal parts Community Representatives and staff with an outside chairman. Homeswest would only appoint Community representatives who were ex staff. Hardly a lack of conflict.

Edited by harrry

The music dean at MUIC has a number of accomplishments unparalleled in any Thai university. He is a major figure in the arts in Thailand. The rector is a bureaucrat who could have isolated himself on his job and may suspect that he will not get a second term as rector at the end of the year. The ministry job is plan "B" and perhaps he is trying to slip into politics as an alternative.

Edited by zydeco

The music dean at MUIC has a number of accomplishments unparalleled in any Thai university. He is a major figure in the arts in Thailand. The rector is a bureaucrat who could have isolated himself on his job and may suspect that he will not get a second term as rector at the end of the year. The ministry job is plan "B" and perhaps he is trying to slip into politics as an alternative.

The barstool warriors who criticized the dean are following their normal pattern - speak without knowing a damn thing. The dean is one of the few with a sense of right and wrong - and you buffoons tar and feather him - ridiculous.

• Like 1

The barstool warriors who criticized the dean are following their normal pattern - speak without knowing a damn thing. The dean is one of the few with a sense of right and wrong - and you buffoons tar and feather him - ridiculous.

As soon as he a metal box on his head he did the ridiculous. It doesn't matter WHAT he has done in the past. What he has said makes sense, what he has done is - ridiculous!

As soon as he a metal box on his head he did the ridiculous. It doesn't matter WHAT he has done in the past. What he has said makes sense, what he has done is - ridiculous!

Spoken like a person without all the facts..just an opinion and ill informed of the cultural dynamics at work. Bar is still open...bet your stool is still warm!

• Like 1

Spoken like a person without all the facts..just an opinion and ill informed of the cultural dynamics at work. Bar is still open...bet your stool is still warm!

Enlightenment only comes with information and you claim you have all the facts. Enlighten us!

By the way my stools are always warm.. not sure that's exactly on subject though!

Update - this afternoon the Mahidol University Council sided with the "bucket head wearing" dean that most posters here vilified - ruling that by October 8 the MU President must choose one position only, and resign from the other (MU President or Minister of Public Health). Apparently they recognized the inherent conflict of interest and did the right thing for the university.

The tremendous media exposure the bucket dean drew surely helped them to make the right decision in terms of ethics and conflict of interest.

I assume the TV poster mea culpas will be lacking but even so, disparaging one of the most respected arts administrators this country has ever seen, who is held in internationally high acclaim for his creation, vision and philosophy behind the College of Music, Mahidol University was one of the more base responses I've borne witness to on this troll factory.

He may well of been right in his opinion (I think he was) but he STILL looked like a dick! It's the facts jack.

Update - this afternoon the Mahidol University Council sided with the "bucket head wearing" dean that most posters here vilified - ruling that by October 8 the MU President must choose one position only, and resign from the other (MU President or Minister of Public Health). Apparently they recognized the inherent conflict of interest and did the right thing for the university.

The tremendous media exposure the bucket dean drew surely helped them to make the right decision in terms of ethics and conflict of interest.

I assume the TV poster mea culpas will be lacking but even so, disparaging one of the most respected arts administrators this country has ever seen, who is held in internationally high acclaim for his creation, vision and philosophy behind the College of Music, Mahidol University was one of the more base responses I've borne witness to on this troll factory.

He may well of been right in his opinion (I think he was) but he STILL looked like a dick! It's the facts jack.

There is only one dick here...but he's to dim to recognize it.

• Like 1

There is only one dick here...but he's to dim to recognize it.

So you are obviously at this moment sporting the latest in Thai designer headwear!

You actually and honestly don't think that wearing a metal box on your head is dumb and would make the wearer look like a dick.. ok then!