Where/How to Sell Gold Krugerrands & Maple Leaf near Hua Hin or BKK

early 1980 gold sold for $860/ounce and investors who bought then have today achieved the princely linear yield of 1.24% per annum unsure.png

That peak at $860 was very short lived. Couldn't have been a lot of people who bought-in at that price and then held for the next 34 years telling themselves that the current price doesn't matter because gold is the only real money.

Dear Sir,

if gold is the only real money please tell us when was the last time you paid with gold in a supermarket, booked a flight, bought a car, paid your gardener, settled a bill in a hotel or restaurant?

attachicon.gifL-dog.jpg

That would be a good argument against the strawman who bought into the Au market at $860 in 1980 and has held ever since. Do you know anyone like that?

You are clearly a magnificent specimen of quality knowledge and direction for us all; your words, a significant display of superior intelligence and wisdom.

2002 gold sold for $272 USD an ounce; those poor dumb farang were not lucky enough to possess the grand financial compendium of awareness, refinement and foresight like appropriately educated investors such as yourself. Crazy, thoughtless, uninformed farang trading their fiat currency for Gold, they’re not worthy of being in the same room with sufficiently qualified investors like you.

Those senseless dumb farang spend their nights in panic their fiat currency might lose value, what a shame. Owners of gold, their mentally challenged nobodies all the same, the sky is falling; world is coming to an end crowd, uneducated foolish lunatic Gold bugs, when will they learn? Intellectuals like you have the investment information and competent foresight we all need, thank you for the words of wisdom and the service you are providing. cheesy.gif

early 1980 gold sold for $860/ounce and investors who bought then have today achieved the princely linear yield of 1.24% per annum unsure.png
That was 35 years ago! However I understand your point, we can all pick dates and different commodities to support opinions; I’m doing it as well in my commentary.

I just have to chuckle a little when I hear some of these analytical hatchet job investment suggestions from some of the members.

we can all pick dates

bingo! the purpose of my posting was to emphasise that any reference to a specific time period is in most (not all) cases irrelevant.

That peak at $860 was very short lived. Couldn't have been a lot of people who bought-in at that price and then held for the next 34 years telling themselves that the current price doesn't matter because gold is the only real money.

Dear Sir,

if gold is the only real money please tell us when was the last time you paid with gold in a supermarket, booked a flight, bought a car, paid your gardener, settled a bill in a hotel or restaurant?

attachicon.gifL-dog.jpg

That would be a good argument against the strawman who bought into the Au market at $860 in 1980 and has held ever since. Do you know anyone like that?

why don't you answer my question?

Dear Sir,

attachicon.gifL-dog.jpg

why don't you answer my question?

I'm not claiming that gold is the only real money, nor did I buy gold in 1980. You're painting a picture of a hypothetical one-dimensional simpleton who invests only in gold and holds forever. It's intellectually dishonest.

Edited by AngelsLariat

Can I ask you a question naam ....

I remember you filling your boots with gold or so you claimed when gold was in the 1800 to 1900 US dollar range

Basically when the price got silly and only a fool was buying major quantities

Kilos of it you claimed to buy or your wife did ...I used to laugh at your posts

Do you really think you should be posting on this subject ...

Or have you made up some story on here were magically you still made a profit ...

I have few posts but I have been watching thai visa for a very long time

I would take financial advice from a som tam seller before you

AngelsLariat, on 13 Sept 2014 - 12:09, said:

AngelsLariat, on 13 Sept 2014 - 15:58, said:

I'm not claiming that gold is the only real money, nor did I buy gold in 1980. You're painting a picture of a hypothetical one-dimensional simpleton who invests only in gold and holds forever. It's intellectually dishonest.

Your Honour, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury... i rest my case laugh.png

Can I ask you a question naam ....

I remember you filling your boots with gold or so you claimed when gold was in the 1800 to 1900 US dollar range

Basically when the price got silly and only a fool was buying major quantities

Kilos of it you claimed to buy or your wife did ...I used to laugh at your posts

Do you really think you should be posting on this subject ...

Or have you made up some story on here were magically you still made a profit ...

I have few posts but I have been watching thai visa for a very long time

I would take financial advice from a som tam seller before you

why don't you submit a shred of evidence that i filled my boots when gold was $1800/1900 an ounce? put up or shut up.

Dear Sir,

post-35218-0-68533800-1410597740.jpg

Mr. Naam, I am positively overwhelmed, absolutely brilliant perception, simply stunning! You are spot-on sir, what foolish imbecile would think they could buy anything with gold it has no monetary function, it’s purely symbolic. The saying “gold is the only real money” is always used buy those lunatic gold bugs who are waiting in their homes sounded by stock piles of food, ammunition and medical supplies for the end of the world. Only the intellectually unbalanced investor owns that barbarous relic.

The supermarkets, a flight, a car, pay the gardener; settle a bill, those activities require the "real" real money, the fancy pieces of paper, legal tender, currency. This insignificant metal has been misleading the planet pretending to be a valuable monetary asset long before the beginning of recorded history. What type of mentally deficient generic insult would think they could use it as money? cheesy.gif

Why nobody talk about the gold and silver price manipulation here?

Until we not get clear aswers, who realy manipulated it and make a lot of provit , I stop buying gold!

Does only the silver price fixing in London has ended now or also the gold price fixing?

Who setup the daily price now ?

Dear Sir,

Mr. Naam, I am positively overwhelmed, absolutely brilliant perception, simply stunning! You are spot-on sir, what foolish imbecile would think they could buy anything with gold it has no monetary function, it’s purely symbolic. The saying “gold is the only real money” is always used buy those lunatic gold bugs who are waiting in their homes sounded by stock piles of food, ammunition and medical supplies for the end of the world. Only the intellectually unbalanced investor owns that barbarous relic.

The supermarkets, a flight, a car, pay the gardener; settle a bill, those activities require the "real" real money, the fancy pieces of paper, legal tender, currency. This insignificant metal has been misleading the planet pretending to be a valuable monetary asset long before the beginning of recorded history. What type of mentally deficient generic insult would think they could use it as money? cheesy.gif

what you, dear Sir, forget is that a number of Thaivisa participants have considerable problems detecting irony and/or sarcasm, especially in postings like yours containing eloquent diction.

it is also wrong to assume that only intellectually unbalanced investors own gold. gold is owned by a big range of investors (including mynotsohumbleself) and of course wannabe investors who are spreading the gospel that if you invest in gold you can't go wrong.

it's the latter who's misleading statements i have been 'fighting' since this thread was opened. but my intended tenor was basically always that gold should be owned only by those who can afford it. unfortunately that is not the case.

Dear Sir,

what you, dear Sir, forget is that a number of Thaivisa participants have considerable problems detecting irony and/or sarcasm, especially in postings like yours containing eloquent diction.

it is also wrong to assume that only intellectually unbalanced investors own gold. gold is owned by a big range of investors (including mynotsohumbleself) and of course wannabe investors who are spreading the gospel that if you invest in gold you can't go wrong.

it's the latter who's misleading statements i have been 'fighting' since this thread was opened. but my intended tenor was basically always that gold should be owned only by those who can afford it. unfortunately that is not the case.

Mr. Naam, I find myself wholly in agreement with your statements. I find it immensely amusing the hysterical fanaticism that circles the discussion of gold on Thai Visa. I get a tingle of excitement and anticipation when I see the notorious yellow metal will the topic of discussion between members, it is truly entertaining.

It’s the “so christened” sophisticated investors against the “so called” paranoid gold bugs. If the investment topic is real estate, stocks, or bonds members remain typically composed and collected however gold for some inexplicable reason provokes a frenzy of irrational commentary. It’s a fascinating example of the effect of emotion on the thinking process.

My opinion (less the sarcasm) is that acquired shrewdly clearly gold can be an important element of an investment portfolio. And for the record, such as yourself, I too have traded some of my “fancy pieces of paper” to acquire for my portfolio some of this barbaric metallic relic of the past, my portrayal of the intellectually unbalanced owner of gold was purely a sarcastic statement.