Laptop battery

nellyp

My Laptop battery has died, so I am looking to buy another one. I have an acer 4750 and I have been quoted 2,100 baht for a 6 cell battery (like the original but not acer). I am trying to see if that is a realistic price as I thogh it would be less. Does anybodyt have experience of this or know of online shops I can look at for batteries. The links in the buying stuff topic do not have places that sell batteries. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Also consider the age of the laptop

On my acer the HD died....replaced it. 2 month later the screen...replaced it....2 month later it died complete.

So the big question is if throwing it away might be cheaper in the long range......With a new battery it may die after 2 weeks or it last another 3 years....

2100 Baht seems a bit steep.

On this Thai language website I found it for 1140.

Brand Hi-Power Model Battery NB ACER 4750 Capacity 4400 mAh For For NB ACER 4750 & Compatible Model

http://headdaddy.com/index.php/home/product/A0064736/

I think at a retailer you'd expect to pay like 1500 ?

Edited by KhunBENQ

http://www.aliexpress.com/cheap/cheap-acer-4750-battery.html

The downside with ordering from China is they take quite a while to arrive. China Post won't accept lithium ion batteries so they are usually shipped via a third country. e.g. Singapore or even Europe.

More like a week from either Singapore or Sweden.

Bought two last year. First one died after a couple of days - not recognized by notebook -, but the second one was OK. Spent about 1,300 for both.

I replaced my Sony Vaio battery a few months ago. Lucky it coincided with a trip back to UK. Cost me £42. The exact same battery in Panthip plaza was baht 7000 no discount! Made me chuckle, he had a whole box of them...... Over 20..... And not a hope in hell of selling them with the Vaio model 4 years old about to become obsolete.

whistling.gif Fortune Town Rachada.

Up on the 3rd and 4th floors.

(The building with the McDonalds and the KFC in it on the first floor)

There are shops selling all kinds of accessories including replacement batteries/power units for most common computers.

I know there is a specific Acer shop, I believe on the 4th floor.

Ask them by your model name and number.

If it's an older model they may hot have the exact unit, but the techs there should know the best replacement.

If and when you get a battery pack there is a "break-in" run procedure you should always use.

First when you plug it in leave it charging for at least 8 hours.

Then unplug the computer from the mains and let it run until the battery low alarm shows or the charge level on the power display is low, ideally about 10%.

Once that is done, plug it back in, and allow it to charge until it is back to at least 90% on the charge indication, o it says fully charged.

Believe it or not, even new battery/cell packs need a "break-in" run when you buy them.

Even those straight from the factory.

• Like 1

I ordered my Dell battery for my laptop from eBay. Arrived within a week.

I think the seller was from Hong Kong I'm not too sure. I had to pick it up and faced 20% import charges at ThailandPost.

Happy with what I got, paid 3,800 Baht.

The thing is, the older the model of your laptop, the more rare and expensive the replacement battery becomes blink.png for some reason.

Right around Bt2,000 for a laptop battery seems to be the common price in Thai computer shops/stores. Laptop batteries in Thailand are just pricey and usually they only come with a 6 month warranty. I"ve ordered serveral laptop batteries off Ebay over the last couple years for less than Bt1,000 including shipping (shipped out of mainland China and Hong Kong)...got them in less than two weeks to my Bangkok address with absolutely no customs/VAT...the batteries have lasted just fine....still working in my laptops.

The thing is, the older the model of your laptop, the more rare and expensive the replacement battery becomes blink.png for some reason.

For some brands/models I guess, but for many brands/models they are still readily available and still cheap on Ebay, like batteries for my two 8 year old Satellite A100/A105 laptops.