a bit of a medical question/knowledge

GOWER

EKG! Monitoring the heart functions. The little balls on the chest are suction cups to keep the electrodes attached. Clamps are used on the extremities. A lot better method than using the stick on electrode patches which are a "pain" to remove especially if your are "hairy"!

Edited by wayned

All those 12,000THB comprehensive medical checkups at Bumrungrad have this step, takes 10-15 mins.

Whoever did not know what the picture shows, better do their own checkup, could be first time in their lives.

Some do that every 12 months, somewhere it is mandatory (in Denmark, if you don't do it every year, you lose national health insurance coverage as who knows what might be happening and developing within your body without checkups).

Edited by think_too_mut

its my 14 year old stepson,

ekg Monitoring the heart functions

never seen clamps like that before on hes hands and feet

I wasn't in Thailand when it happened, all I know that he had trouble breathing, never found out the course of it

thanks for the replies

Many machines only use the chest electrodes not the ones on the arms and legs. It's a basic check of the heart functions and is usually part of a yearly checkup and a requirement before surgery.

Yes, it is a 12 lead EKG being done. He would not have had all this on hims for more than the few minutes needed to do the test.

And he is, of course, wearing an oxygen mask. Looks like the type called "non- rebreather" and would be used when the patient is still able to breathe on his own but oxygen levels are low.

• 2 weeks later...