Are You Disappointed In True Visions Cable TV?

Kabula

So many channels, and I enjoy only a few good channels.

Some of the reality shows are about as interesting as watching concrete set. I could do a better production in my apartment.

Lately, I got a message to contact customer service for no reason, and 3 hours later the message disappears??

When I called customer service their system did not recognize my cell phone number, nor the account number on my bill??

A day later I finally got through and was told the change from True Visions to True Visions Group Co. Limited should not affect me as all data was transferred over including the deposit.

Most of the time during a good movie, everything goes black and goes on and off, and I realize it could be the signal, but it is so annoying.

Last night, I get a message that the True card in the box was not a True card. Unbelievable.

After playing with it for 5 minutes, I finally got to see the rest of the movie.

Several years ago, I took out their wi fi service which required about 100' of cable to reach the box on the street.

I asked customer service to audit the cable costs and they discovered the contractor over charged me a lot, and they refunded my money.

I understand the contractor was charged a huge fine.

I could rant on, but what is the point. Are you having similar problems?

I will be cancelling it as I enjoy U tube more. Especially all the old full movies, history channels and more.

Does anyone know if you have to take the cable box to True when cancelling or do they send someone out. If so, what is the service charge?

I don't even care for the new movies in the theaters. I see where Hollywood is laying off thousands and their stocks are down. No surprise.

Edited by Kabula

The problems I have with True is the hard coded subtitles on movies, the editing (censorship), and the selection of channels. Back home in the US, there are several hundred channels. Many in HD, which is stunning. Unfortunately, we'd still sit there channel surfing trying to find something good to watch! We'd end up watching shows we'd recorded on the PVR.

Most of the time during a good movie, everything goes black and goes on and off, and I realize it could be the signal, but it is so annoying.

Same over here. Just take the AC plug out of it, wait a minute and reconnect it. That solves it most of the time.

If you cancel, they will sent someone over to collect the equipment. You will receive a cheque for your deposit (provided you sat out your contract period) within 2 months.

Actually, I've subscribed to True Visions Platinum a number of times. but this time I am reasonable happy with the PVR function, more channels and less repeats.