Missing Redshirt ends up as militant suspect

webfact

Murders were commited, people died and we will never know if these guys are guilty of it or not. They are presumed guilty so no one will believe it if they say otherwise. If they get convicted of the crimes, who with a clear mind can accept the circumstances surrounding their arrests.

A guy gets detained by the military and taken off to an undisclosed location to spend quality time with the military for a few days. Next time we see the guy, the police have him dressed up in black with a red armband. The new chief of the Royal Thai Police points his finger and identifies him and four other suspects as the armed militants who fought with the security forces.

Then we read further and see .... "I will not disclose how and where they were arrested," the police chief told reporters. "I cannot tell our investigation methods to other bandits out there.” And then we read ..... However, Thai police have a history of parading suspects in front of the media and extracting confessions from them that are later retracted.

How on earth can anyone have faith in any of this. We all want murderers caught, convicted and punished. I hope these are the guys that did it, because they have already been gift wrapped and presented to the world as guilty.

If they aren't, God help them, they don't stand a chance.

Interesting views, really.

BTW where did it say the news chief of the RTP identified one of the four suspects ?

You actually need to read the OP to find that out rubl. You could try this, 3rd sentence.

"Yesterday, Mr. Kittisak emerged at a police press conference where the new chief of the Royal Thai Police, Pol.Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang, identified him and four other suspects as the armed militants who fought with security forces during the mass Redshirt protests in April 2010."

In this case I would imagine the word "identified" would have been more accurately translated as "pointed out" or more formerly, "introduced" to the reporters as an explanation of who they were - it should not be taken to mean that the new RTA Police Chief is an eyewitness to the events on April 10th.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see the firing positions and what type of weapons they stated they were using, and then get the forensic people up there with their lasers and pinpoint exactly were the fatalities occured and check that the line of sight matched with their statements, that way, the evidence against them is even more damning, and has more chance of a full on conviction.

Last thing that's needed is to have them walk free if just like the pair who recently got off with the arson charges..

Have the experts do their thing, and make this case so water tight, it would make a ducks arse seem slack!!

There are some photos on this web page to possibly help with forensics.

http://www.2bangkok.com/catching-the-red-shirt-gunmen.html

DailyNews100413snipers.jpg

Yep, that'll help, got 'em banged to rights, guvnor.

I'd love to see the firing positions and what type of weapons they stated they were using, and then get the forensic people up there with their lasers and pinpoint exactly were the fatalities occured and check that the line of sight matched with their statements, that way, the evidence against them is even more damning, and has more chance of a full on conviction.

Last thing that's needed is to have them walk free if just like the pair who recently got off with the arson charges..

Have the experts do their thing, and make this case so water tight, it would make a ducks arse seem slack!!

I Didn't Do It, Nobody Saw Me Do It, There's No Way You Can Prove Anything!

I Didn't Do It, Nobody Saw Me Do It, There's No Way You Can Prove Anything!

No need for forensics and denials will be no good - apparently prayuth knows everybody behind the attacks in 2010, 2013 and 2014, but he's giving them the chance to turn themselves in first coffee1.gif

Murders were commited, people died and we will never know if these guys are guilty of it or not. They are presumed guilty so no one will believe it if they say otherwise. If they get convicted of the crimes, who with a clear mind can accept the circumstances surrounding their arrests.

A guy gets detained by the military and taken off to an undisclosed location to spend quality time with the military for a few days. Next time we see the guy, the police have him dressed up in black with a red armband. The new chief of the Royal Thai Police points his finger and identifies him and four other suspects as the armed militants who fought with the security forces.

Then we read further and see .... "I will not disclose how and where they were arrested," the police chief told reporters. "I cannot tell our investigation methods to other bandits out there.” And then we read ..... However, Thai police have a history of parading suspects in front of the media and extracting confessions from them that are later retracted.

How on earth can anyone have faith in any of this. We all want murderers caught, convicted and punished. I hope these are the guys that did it, because they have already been gift wrapped and presented to the world as guilty.

If they aren't, God help them, they don't stand a chance.

Interesting views, really.

BTW where did it say the news chief of the RTP identified one of the four suspects ?

You actually need to read the OP to find that out rubl. You could try this, 3rd sentence.

"Yesterday, Mr. Kittisak emerged at a police press conference where the new chief of the Royal Thai Police, Pol.Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang, identified him and four other suspects as the armed militants who fought with security forces during the mass Redshirt protests in April 2010."

In this case I would imagine the word "identified" would have been more accurately translated as "pointed out" or more formerly, "introduced" to the reporters as an explanation of who they were - it should not be taken to mean that the new RTA Police Chief is an eyewitness to the events on April 10th.

Right.

Mind you, if I wrote in a suggestive style like dear Chaz, you'd be all over me with accusations and insults like 'shameless' and 'hypocrisy'.

Still nice to see you're straight and consistent thumbsup.gif

No need for forensics and denials will be no good - apparently prayuth knows everybody behind the attacks in 2010, 2013 and 2014, but he's giving them the chance to turn themselves in first coffee1.gif

I thought it was Chalerm who said he knew who they all were? Of course, his CAPO, Police and DSI friends never actually arrested anyone who did anything providing it was to benefit the Shins.

• Like 2

Don't worry, my dear fabs. you're in good company.

According to the article you provided a link to a week or so ago, the HRW complained that even with tangible evidence the UDD leadership kept denying to know anything about MiB, the help they got, and violence by 'peaceful protesters, not terrorists' in general.

• Like 1

They already confessed, so yes, that would do.

The popcorn gunman also "confessed" and then later retracted his confession.. what point are you trying to make Alex?

The point is, that they confessed to have done the deed. That is usually a pretty good metric to judge guilt.

Of course some will insinuate that the confession was forced, but then why would they confess to so little? Up the amps to the electrodes and have them swearing up and down that Thaksin himself handed them the weapons and instructed to kill as many people as possible because he likes to see people die. But no, they just implicated a third rate Red Shirt leader on the run and that's about it.

• Like 1

According to the article you provided a link to a week or so ago, the HRW complained that even with tangible evidence the UDD leadership kept denying to know anything about MiB, the help they got, and violence by 'peaceful protesters, not terrorists' in general.

Indeed they did, but of course you only chose to cherrypick that part. I provided another link where the HRW report was criticised as being too forgiving on the government/military side of things

The report criticised how the UDD protesters violated the law, but failed to criticise the government when it exceeds the boundary of the law by using military force against the protesters, which resulted in the deaths of nearly 100 people,” said Mr. Sunai

Moreover, Mr. Sunai said that the NHRC was determined to believe that there are members of ‘the Black Shirt’ militants among the protesters and spent much of the report talking about the shadowy group. But at the same time, it avoided mentioning the existence of the snipers, who had been positioned on top of many buildings.

Mr. Sunai believed that both issues deserve equal attention, particularly when there are proves that soldiers perched on such higher ground were responsible for deaths of 2 volunteer medics and 4 other civilians in Wat Pathumwanaram Temple, as the court inquest ruled recently.

http://http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM05qSXpOVGN4TWc9PQ==&subcatid=

Still it looks as at least Amnesty International have their fingers on the pulse with their report "Thailand, Attitude Adjustment - 100 days under Martial Law".

Don't suppose you'll be posting cherrypicked snippets from that report..................

Edited by fab4

The popcorn gunman also "confessed" and then later retracted his confession.. what point are you trying to make Alex?

The point is, that they confessed to have done the deed. That is usually a pretty good metric to judge guilt.

Of course some will insinuate that the confession was forced, but then why would they confess to so little? Up the amps to the electrodes and have them swearing up and down that Thaksin himself handed them the weapons and instructed to kill as many people as possible because he likes to see people die. But no, they just implicated a third rate Red Shirt leader on the run and that's about it.

Kind of like going to court and being found guilty and instead of appealing you go into a self imposed exile. Both pretty good grounds to judge guilt.

There was some things done on both sides that should not have occurred. It was how ever the one side who has a leader living in exile who started the violence and carried out most of it. Right up to and including a mob beating a crippled Monk.

If you want to go back to the seed that started the whole thing you will have to go back to the PTP failing to rule the country and spending all their efforts trying to white wash Thaksin. Even though the public let them know in no uncertain terms they did not want to do that. In addition to transferring the money in the Countries' treasury into their bank accounts.wai.gif

• Like 1

Really? There have been several high profile cases in the UK where the alleged accused "confessed" and were subsequently incarcerated for long periods of time, only to find out they were innocent, even in Thailand was there not two redshirts who "confessed" to the arson of central plaza? and after 3 years in jail, they were released as it wasn't them?

So confessing to something to either stop the pain, or to prevent stuff from getting out of hand, makes you guilty beyond doubt? I'm so glad you're not a lawyer !! I've confessed to stuff in the past when having been accused of wrong doing by my ex wife, when it was easier to do so, than to continuously have her on my back, and making my life a <deleted> misery, I wasn't guilty of what she accused me of, but in your eyes, I'd be as guilty as sin??

I wonder how long you would last in a cell under duress, in the stress position, possibly getting a good doing too, and subject to sleep depravation, and psychological "conditioning" ... every man has a breaking point, some have no tolerance to pain. Some will confess to being the sugar plumb fairy just to make it stop..

Were these guys subjected to such conditions ?, well the only people who know this for sure, are the ones being conditioed and the ones doing the conditioning..

Indeed they did, but of course you only chose to cherrypick that part. I provided another link where the HRW report was criticised as being too forgiving on the government/military side of things

The report criticised how the UDD protesters violated the law, but failed to criticise the government when it exceeds the boundary of the law by using military force against the protesters, which resulted in the deaths of nearly 100 people,” said Mr. Sunai

Moreover, Mr. Sunai said that the NHRC was determined to believe that there are members of ‘the Black Shirt’ militants among the protesters and spent much of the report talking about the shadowy group. But at the same time, it avoided mentioning the existence of the snipers, who had been positioned on top of many buildings.

Mr. Sunai believed that both issues deserve equal attention, particularly when there are proves that soldiers perched on such higher ground were responsible for deaths of 2 volunteer medics and 4 other civilians in Wat Pathumwanaram Temple, as the court inquest ruled recently.

http://http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM05qSXpOVGN4TWc9PQ==&subcatid=

Still it looks as at least Amnesty International have their fingers on the pulse with their report "Thailand, Attitude Adjustment - 100 days under Martial Law".

Don't suppose you'll be posting cherrypicked snippets from that report..................

The KhaoSod link gives a 404 (not found).

As for the A.I. article, first I have to search to find it. That's assuming from Thailand it's accessable. Maybe you can provide a link ?

BTW nice deflection, my dear fabs. You still managed to avoid the issue thumbsup.gif

Really? There have been several high profile cases in the UK where the alleged accused "confessed" and were subsequently incarcerated for long periods of time, only to find out they were innocent, even in Thailand was there not two redshirts who "confessed" to the arson of central plaza? and after 3 years in jail, they were released as it wasn't them?

So confessing to something to either stop the pain, or to prevent stuff from getting out of hand, makes you guilty beyond doubt? I'm so glad you're not a lawyer !! I've confessed to stuff in the past when having been accused of wrong doing by my ex wife, when it was easier to do so, than to continuously have her on my back, and making my life a <deleted> misery, I wasn't guilty of what she accused me of, but in your eyes, I'd be as guilty as sin??

I wonder how long you would last in a cell under duress, in the stress position, possibly getting a good doing too, and subject to sleep depravation, and psychological "conditioning" ... every man has a breaking point, some have no tolerance to pain. Some will confess to being the sugar plumb fairy just to make it stop..

Were these guys subjected to such conditions ?, well the only people who know this for sure, are the ones being conditioed and the ones doing the conditioning..

The confession of this men being obtained by coercion is baseless speculation, should we muddy the waters with baseless speculation on all matters or only on the ones that make Red Shirts look bad?

Why would your ex-wife believe a self-confessed liar?

The distinct lack of enthusiasm by the udd to even acknowledge the so called armed 'black shirts' existed speaks volumes. Considering that the army used their presence to these guys to justify their heavy handed tactics and even deny they had killed anyone. if the udd was really so ignorant as they claim, then they would have been screaming from the roof tops for a complete and open investigation, considering the death toll of dozens of protesters.

Instead they always tried to brush the subject under the carpet and even make light of it.

Very telling.

Edited by longway

Their distinct lack of enthusiasm by the udd to even acknowledge the so called armed 'black shirts' existed speaks volumes. Considering that the army used their presence to these guys to justify their heavy handed tactics and even deny they had killed anyone. if the udd was really so ignorant as they claimed, then they would have been screaming from the roof tops for a complete and open investigation, considering the death toll of dozens of protesters.

Instead they always tried to brush the subject under the carpet and even make light of it.

Very telling.

There were 24 deaths on the night of April 10, 2010 at Kok Wua intersection. 19 protesters and 5 soldiers including their commander, Col. Romklao Thuwatham.

Black Shirt Behind the April 10 Violence? “Human Rights Watch examined a video [shot during the April 10th violence] released by Agence France Presse that shows Col. Romklao Thuwatham, in charge of the military operation near Phan Fa Bridge, trying to give orders to his troops from atop an armored personnel carrier. A green laser beam can be seen pointed at him. Seconds later 40mm grenades fired from grenade launchers explode, killing Romklao and severely wounding other senior officers. UDD leaders loathed Romklao, deputy chief of staff of the army’s 2nd Infantry Division, because he commanded the April 2009 dispersal of UDD protesters in Bangkok at the Dindaeng junction

http://factsanddetails.com/southeast-asia/Thailand/sub5_8a/entry-3199.html

Bangkok redshirt (men in black?) grenade attack on Thai Army Troops April 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tpyjV1ROso

the 'Men in Black' were encamped in the middle of the Ratchaprasong encampment. The UDD leadership were well aware of them. They were directed by Major General Khattiya "Seh Daeng" Sawatdiphol who had visited Thaksin in Dubai shortly before the Red Shirt occupation of Bangkok. http://2bangkok.com/10-100514colonelromklaosrevenge.html

Unmasked: Thailand's men in black

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/LE29Ae02.html

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

As for the A.I. article, first I have to search to find it. That's assuming from Thailand it's accessable. Maybe you can provide a link ?

BTW nice deflection, my dear fabs. You still managed to avoid the issue thumbsup.gif

Oh, did you miss the part where I agreed with you that HRW did have the quote you provided in their report. I then said that the report was deemed to be unbalanced by the HRW team actually based in Thailand and who were here at the time? Is that deemed as evading the issue?

Sorry that you might have to put some work in to research your replies. Try using the search term Thailand Amnesty International and then the title of the document that I provided. Simple, really. As for the Khaosod report, that used to be a working link. Seeing as part of the quote mentions "using military force against the protesters" maybe certain people deemed this unworthy of viewing in this enlightened era we are experiencing. Of course if it suits your purposes to disbelieve this quote was ever made, carry on.

I didn't provide a link to the AI Report because I thought you might accuse me of being off topic and deflecting from the subject. Oh well...................

Oh, did you miss the part where I agreed with you that HRW did have the quote you provided in their report. I then said that the report was deemed to be unbalanced by the HRW team actually based in Thailand and who were here at the time? Is that deemed as evading the issue?

Sorry that you might have to put some work in to research your replies. Try using the search term Thailand Amnesty International and then the title of the document that I provided. Simple, really. As for the Khaosod report, that used to be a working link. Seeing as part of the quote mentions "using military force against the protesters" maybe certain people deemed this unworthy of viewing in this enlightened era we are experiencing. Of course if it suits your purposes to disbelieve this quote was ever made, carry on.

I didn't provide a link to the AI Report because I thought you might accuse me of being off topic and deflecting from the subject. Oh well...................

Still deflecting, distracting, saying nothing with a lot of words, I see.

Anyway, more and more on red-shirts who were not red-shirts but MiB who are of a species invisible to most people including UDD leaders who (allegedly) had them at their beg and call.

BTW The A.I. article might be this

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/thailand-no-let-spiral-repression-100-days-after-military-takeover-2014-09-11

It has pointers to the report " Attitude adjustment –100 days under Martial Law"

Not really off topic. To some as believable as the HRW report "Descend into chaos".

PS obviously and clearly for all to see, no problem to access information from my heavily censored trueWIFI connection into the Internet

Edited by rubl

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They should be hanged for treason.

And also those who took over the airport in 2008 along with Suthep and the monk. But lets wait and have a trial first.

Mango, we all know who you are and the fruits you're selling are getting sour !

Actually I don't know who Mango Bob is and neither do I care who he was/is now/and might be later.

• Like 2

I reckon...at least I like to think...that if I was arrested and tortured to make a public confession, as soon I was in front of the cameras, I'd tell everyone that I have been tortured.

Why does this not happen?

The cable clamp is still attached to his nuts?

• Like 1

Oh dear Mike, I hope you feel as passionate about bringing to justice those who have maimed and killed thousands down in the Southern part of the country?

Well Fatty, you have officially hit rock bottom. One of the posters who "liked" your post was none other than phipodon, the infamous banned troll. Congrats.

He obviously thought you were being nasty to me, or he just does not understand your style of sarcasm. clap2.gif

• Like 1

awwwh I dunno to feel elated or deflated Mike :D I feel like an inflatable doll, just simply let down!!

Is this the Phipodon/Pipkins person? There was also another poster who dissapeared too who was very much a red supporter, Kenoman or something like that?

But where's Scamper? the King of the constitutions? I miss his non paragraphed, long winded, but informative posts :'(

No need to feel deflated Fatty, I was only joking, but I must say I was a bit surprised to see an arrogant, nasty and condescending troll "like" one of your extremely intelligent comments. They usually go for the red flavored rubbish/propaganda/dribble which the forum is abundant with.

Your posts are more fair and open minded. Keep them coming. thumbsup.gif

Not sure who this Scamper is, but those long-winded non-paragraphed posts are hard work. Remember Fryslan Boppe, the cut and paste king ? cheesy.gif

• Like 1